10+ Year Old Account

Gearing using RMAH

It's been month's since I've played but I'm thinking about dusting my WD off or maybe leveling up my monk. I'm not interested in buying a set of gear that can have me farming MP4+, but I would like to know how much money it would take to build a decent set to start farming MP1 or 2. I was never able to make it past Act 2 inferno when I was playing regularly so my gear is pretty meh on my WD.

Another thing I've noticed after doing a little research is that the build that i was running(direbats) is not really something people are doing anymore. All I see are zombie bear or toad builds, that play style doesn't really interest me (that's why I think I will end up leveling the monk). What are the price differences dex vs int gear. My budget that I would even consider spending on something like this would be between 20-30$. When I logged back on I was sitting at about 500k gold so I'm really starting from scratch.

Also, if the drops are common enough now that you guys think I should just avoid the RMAH all together and farm MP0 for my gear feel free to let me know. It seem's like a lot of the game has changed and I haven't been keeping up with patch notes/news much on D3, especially since MoP has been released.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

for MP0 you cavoid AH completely, with current setting is pretty much a cakewalk.

Also MP1, is not that difficult. From there you can farm, and start to drop legendaries with a decent chance. If you want, buy upgrades from GAH, RMAH is useless since gold farming is so easy.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

There's are guide's out there to build a char for around 2 to 3 millions to farm mp1. As far as WD builds, I just went to acid rain/Sacrifice(with mana return) build and really enjoy it.

Zombie bears is the only really viable choice for WDs. You can use acid cloud or whatever else, but you'll be much slower at any gear level than if you used bears. The trick to using bears is to have decent vit and resists, and life on hit or leech (leech is great as you get high damage, ~75k+). That way you can get in close without dying to cast them.

There are a couple other decent builds, pile on and sacrifice, but both require specific gear that costs a good amount.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Quote Originally Posted by dPwnShop View Post
    It's been month's since I've played but I'm thinking about dusting my WD off or maybe leveling up my monk. I'm not interested in buying a set of gear that can have me farming MP4+, but I would like to know how much money it would take to build a decent set to start farming MP1 or 2. I was never able to make it past Act 2 inferno when I was playing regularly so my gear is pretty meh on my WD.

Another thing I've noticed after doing a little research is that the build that i was running(direbats) is not really something people are doing anymore. All I see are zombie bear or toad builds, that play style doesn't really interest me (that's why I think I will end up leveling the monk). What are the price differences dex vs int gear. My budget that I would even consider spending on something like this would be between 20-30$. When I logged back on I was sitting at about 500k gold so I'm really starting from scratch.

Also, if the drops are common enough now that you guys think I should just avoid the RMAH all together and farm MP0 for my gear feel free to let me know. It seem's like a lot of the game has changed and I haven't been keeping up with patch notes/news much on D3, especially since MoP has been released.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Like Coldkil stated, if you're coming back and you were able to get halfway through Act 2 and just kept dying to bullshit like insta-gibbing teleporting Naga/Lacuni then just head back in with a skillset and you can get through Inferno with very little issues. The phasebeasts can still be a huge pain in the ass and there are still some affixes that will give you issues (that will never really go away) but Act 3 is much easier than Act 2 in comparison. Off-screen charge gibbing shouldn't be a huge issues in Act 4, but the teleporting terror beasts are still a complete bitch. Diablo's easier to kill in a group as well so you may want to join a public group for that final quest.

As far as a monk? Just to get through Inferno from scratch you can either just go with what you find as drops or spend at *most* around 500K for an Inferno clearing set. You could more than likely do it with 200K or less but a better weapon always helps.

EDIT: I know you're asking about RMAH, but don't. Seriously, just use what little gold you have and you'll be fine: what you have is more than enough.

I have so much extra gear that I can probably gear your toon for a 1-2 million gold and have him farming mp2 at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...ch_doctor_mp5/

These guys stream and do a lot to help the community with budget builds. For $10 you get around 20m right now and build a WD similar or better than this one. If you really only want to do like mp0 or mp1 then you can pretty much build whatever you want.

my advice, drop 5 bucks or so to buy 20m gold. then look for gear with crit chance and crit damage in addition to the usual Int+Vit+AR.

I personally still use fire bats since I like to stay behind my pets. happy hunting

Deleted
    Yeah I'd suggest not buying gear, but rather some gold 15$ should get you around 40m these days and that's more than enough to gear up any char if you want to do budget farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thanks for all the replies. I wrapped up act 2 inferno on my WD just to check out the difficulty. I didn't realize they nerfed it this much (not complaining at all). Even in my crappy gear and spec I was able to go through with ease and had a blast. I still think I'm going to level my monk.

Off topic: Why didn't the game get released like this from the start? I don't think I would have ever left if this was the game I got at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    Yeah I'd suggest not buying gear, but rather some gold 15$ should get you around 40m these days and that's more than enough to gear up any char if you want to do budget farming.
    I think gold hovers between 35 and 40 cents a mill now. So RMAH is lots more expensive then buying gold and using GAH

Quote Originally Posted by dPwnShop View Post
    Why didn't the game get released like this from the start? I don't think I would have ever left if this was the game I got at launch.
    Developer arrogance. Considering employees themselves during beta stated that they had a hard time going through Act II and the health/damage values were increased right before launch as well as the whole "short enrage timer", it was simply developer arrogance.

You cant get 25 mil for like $12 now which is less than a monthly sub for another MMO. 25 mil will easily let you faceroll MP1 or just farm Act 3 on MP0 which everyone says is the fastest and best way to get paragon exp and drops anyways with any class.