View Poll Results: Has MoP made quitting easier?

Voters
274. This poll is closed
  • Yes

123 44.89%
  • No

151 55.11%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Has MoP made giving up the game easier?

I'm curious to see if Mist of Pandaria has made giving up the game easier for some.

I was a hardcore raider in Cata from start to end, and I didn't even get to 90 on my main cause the game became plain an simple, boring, to me.

So has MoP made it easy to quit for you?

Deleted
    nope, if anything it renewed my interest in wow

for me it has. I played Beta, everything was dumbed down again( everytime I think this game couldnt get any more idiot proof, blizz surprises me again). So I unsubscribed and have not missed it since.

No, in fact it's made it even harder, not that I want to though.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think mindsets make it easy to quit, not the content itself. I'm at a point now where no MMO's really compel me to dedicate tons of time to them, and that used to not be the case. The games haven't changed that much, but my views have.

I'm enjoying MoP, but in small, slow doses.

For me yes. I know FOR SURE I am going to quit sometime during this expansion. I don't know if its MoP or WoW in general, but I'm losing interest fast.

It made me come back. Cataclysm definitely made it easy to quit. Not to see if I can stomach going 1-60 and 80-85 on my new monk, or if I will just say fuck it and just go with the ones that are already past the shit content from cataclysm.

It has been more complicated than Cata, and thats a matter of facts, not opinions... For example talents, you have best specs but for encounters, not entire game.

Those dailies alone..

Deleted
    This is a great expansion.

Deleted
    I just casually pvp, dont really do dailes or anything so its not so bad, but pvp currently is pretty unbalanced but if they fix that not much will have changed for me.

Yes it has, but I don't think it's really the fault of MoP, but more that most people I played with quit sometime during Cata and has not come back for MoP.
    On top of that, it seems my server has suffered a great population loss in MoP. It has always been a "Medium" server, with a decent enough amount of people. But now it seems incredibly empty.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Well I haven't quit yet but for a first time in 7 years I am seriously considering deactivating my subscription
    I took some breaks in Wrath and cata but I always kept my account active back then because in essence I still like the game back then.

But with Mop its feels to much like a daily chore instead of a game and not even the 3-4 days of raiding is evening it out atm.

Considering this is the best expansion so far... Nope, pretty difficult to quit for me!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I think mindsets make it easy to quit, not the content itself. I'm at a point now where no MMO's really compel me to dedicate tons of time to them, and that used to not be the case. The games haven't changed that much, but my views have.
    I think this might be the most true statement of all. I don't know what makes one say the game is even more dumb down than every before. Looking at the raiding scene I'm not seeing 85% success rates on all the bosses. Hell, we're still only seeing 35% on Elegon and Will of the Emporer normal. Were you guys expecting .01% success on those ? Hell, Look at the wipefest LFR Will of Emp is.

So what exactly is easier about this game ?

I willing to bet it's more to do with a large chunk of players being very bored and burnt out and I'm not sure any MMO can fix that, until they change it enough for it to feel different. Grinding is so 2004, the game needs more instant action, less kill 20 of these and 15 of those and collect another 15 of thoses
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-11-06 at 02:25 PM.

I don't blame mop, I blame 10/25 shared raid lockouts and the utter death of 25m raiding outside of lfr.

The only real issue I have with mop is that the ilvl of the honor gear is not sufficient to make one illegible for LFR thus I am now forced into 15-35 minute ques for mind numbing heroics just to watch random noob assholes win the gear I need or utterly fail at the instance, either way it is wasting my time.

Either way I've decided I don't need to do the heroics and I don't need to raid I did it for the last 8 years and I wont jump through hoops to keep doing it, besides this expansion has so much more to offer
    Pvp is more balanced than it has ever been before and hard counters no longer exist.
    Tillers offers a great stress free way to turn a quick profit
    Pet battles are decent enough though I do wish pets had 5 abilities instead of 3 just to add some complexity

Oh yeah I nearly forgot i guess their is a few other minor issues I have with mop such as
    The removal of the mass summoning spell ( how is 10 minutes using taxi's superior) and their was no benefit to the removal of the spell other than wasting time
    The reduced speed while dead (I don't pay blizz by the hour so why do they insist on wasting my time)

Not normally one to complain about CRZ but I experienced my first issue with it yesterday as it caused npc's to bug out making me unable to interact with them until I left the zone and then returned (even restarting the game didn't solve the issue)

I know everyone's opinions are different, but how the hell did MoP become boring compared to Cata for you, OP? SO much more to do... Or did you prefer sitting in SW? You should at least get to 90 before saying it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    It has been more complicated than Cata, and thats a matter of facts, not opinions... For example talents, you have best specs but for encounters, not entire game.
    Got it, because I never switched between Assass, combat, and subtly to maximize dps and survivability in previous expansions...this concept is brand new to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    I was a hardcore raider in Cata from start to end, and I didn't even get to 90 on my main cause the game became plain an simple, boring, to me.
    So, are you suggesting that Cataclysm was a complex, hardcore raiding expansion? That is not something we've heard a lot of on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always find the start of an expansion stressfull, mainly because you need to gear up ASAP if you want a good guild, and even then it takes a while to find a good fit. It took me a lot longer last expansion, but my guild recently had quite a lot of drama, so everything is up in the air, again... At the start of Cata I seriously contemplated quitting for a good while but once I found a good guild with skilled, decent-attitude etc players I enjoyed it a lot more again. Most players do not stay with a particular guild for more than 2 or 3 tiers just because life happens and people chase lootz and/or just quit. The "whole expansion or multiple expansions" guilds are usually hardcore and serious, or a very very social/friendly group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS