Deleted

Resto druid Vs Holy Paladin for 10 man heroics

Hello, we raid 10 man with Holy paladin, Holy Priest and Monk.

Alot of boss will need to be 2 healing becouse enrage timer need it.
    What you thing will be better for HoF Resto druid or Holy paladin. The fight requare alot of movement and aoe healing.
    What will be better comp

Quote Originally Posted by Pripadnal View Post
    Hello, we raid 10 man with Holy paladin, Holy Priest and Monk.

Alot of boss will need to be 2 healing becouse enrage timer need it.
    What you thing will be better for HoF Resto druid or Holy paladin. The fight requare alot of movement and aoe healing.
    What will be better comp
    Just from my own experience with my raid group (not doing heroics) where I am the resto druid and we have a hpally I would say druids. Reason being: We can pull about 2-3 mil damage using HotW at least once. We have 2 raid CDs (tranq and ToL) and our AoE healing is better while moving or even not moving and fights seem to call for a lot of movement. On the contrary pallys don't seem to have any raid CDs at all. They have devotion aura but it only works on magical effects. In our 3 man heal team (last is a shammy) it is generally just rotation CDs between the shammy and myself. On 2 heal fights I do go DPS though but only because I am the only one with gear.

Having played all healing classes, including a lvl 90 monk now, I feel like hpallys shine on heavy tank damage healing (i.e. will of emp) and on semi-static / semi-stacked up healing. But when I look at world of logs, all I see are monk and hpallies topping charts, it just seem like they are pretty op atm.

Deleted
    As far as I've understood holy pala's don't do too good healing while moving? I haven't touched mine since like... T11, so I don't know. If they players are of equal skill and the fight works as you described, my guess is on the druid.

It's true though, looking at WoL it's all just monks and sometimes other classes. But with the recent hotfixes to disc priests, I'm expecting the monks to get some competition (until they are nerfed).

Pally healer: tank healer
    Druid,monk: mixed

Different compositions are req for different fights. First boss for example, no harm in tank+monk. 2nd boss' last phase though, pally healer is just blank on healing.

If your druid and monk can handle tank survivability, or if your tanks are real good, go with druid. But when the damage comes, and if your healers are forced to cast heal every second and go oom as a result, you have not much of a chance but to go monk+pala.

Deleted
    Holy Paladin are strong in a stand-still scenario. There's plenty of movement in HoF.

I think Holy Paladin need some sort of raid wide heal, like all of the other healers have. It feels weird to ask our Elemental or our Shadow Priest for the Healing cooldowns when I'm healing alongside our HPala.

I'd say our Holy Paladin and I are quite close in terms of skill level but his gear is better than mine. He healed more than me on Elegon and Will HC but I had higher numbers in Heart of Fear since we're quite spread out / moving in many fights.

That being said, I'd probably go with Paladin and Monk (even though it pains me since I'm durid4life) for a more balanced healing setup. Monks and Druids have similar strengths but a good Monk will simply do way more healing before the nerfs go live. With a Paladin / Monk combo, you will also have better loot distribution.

It's also very encounter dependent.
    Ashr

Deleted
    I am Holy palla atm, and after we clear 6/6 HoF. I fill paladin little low, becouse alot of moving in fight and raid is spread. We run Holy pala and monk, and in the moment with healvy raid dmg we dont heave strong healing raid CD, Devotion aura and some personal CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pripadnal View Post
    I am Holy palla atm, and after we clear 6/6 HoF. I fill paladin little low, becouse alot of moving in fight and raid is spread. We run Holy pala and monk, and in the moment with healvy raid dmg we dont heave strong healing raid CD, Devotion aura and some personal CDs.
    Yeah, it doesn't really help that Devotion Aura is useless in Heart of Fear either.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    As far as I've understood holy pala's don't do too good healing while moving? I haven't touched mine since like...
    Well, they have some ability to heal on the move with WoG saved up and their new bubble/shield thingy... So aren't as mobile us druid, but still better than a shammy (well, except for this 3min cd that lets him heal on the move).

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    That being said, I'd probably go with Paladin and Monk (even though it pains me since I'm durid4life) for a more balanced healing setup. Monks and Druids have similar strengths but a good Monk will simply do way more healing before the nerfs go live. With a Paladin / Monk combo, you will also have better loot distribution.

It's also very encounter dependent.
    Can't agree more.