Garalon 10m Normal, hitting enrage (logs provided)

Hello,

We pulled Garalon a few times yesterday and it went rather bad. At first we wanted to go with no tanks, with 2 frost DKs soaking the damage from Fury Swipes, but we eventually had to switch one person out so we changed the soakers to our normal tanks (bear + blood dk).

The original strat had the 3 healers kiting, but that failed miserably. On this try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ce/?s=37&e=479 we had 1 healer (me), 1 monk dps (yep... a melee -.-) and the paladin healer kiting, with Mage being backup. We hit the enrage with the boss at like 15% or so iirc.

Then we decided it was stupid to have the melee kiting, as he was losing a lot of dps, and made the SP kite. Well, this is how it went: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2339&e=2761 basically we lasted until enrage, but the DPS from the SP was way off. I told him to try both multi-dotting and single target focus to see what was better, but he didn't pull off good numbers either way :S Kinda weird, as he's generally topping our meters.

Besides that, any advice that you could give us, please? Ideally I know we should be 2 healing this, but I really don't see it viable at the moment, there's too much damage going on. Though I am more than open to suggestions.

TY!

At least you're hitting enrage, we did 30 attempts and haven't even gotten below 60%.

From what I hear anyways, tanks and healers are the best to kite, if you're having dps issues. You lose quite a bit dps having dps kite.

We killed it in our alt run yesterday. Setup was:

Blood DK.
    Windwalker monk (normally tank).
    Frost DK.
    Spriest.
    Spriest.
    Rogue.
    Arms Warrior.
    Resto druid.
    Holy pally.
    Resto shammy (usually ele).
    We had our monk tank/dps roll in, get the first debuff, and carry it to 20 stacks. Then our blood DK took over for 20, then our frost DK (soaking strikes) took over for 20, and at last, I'd take over as a resto druid for 20. This ment that only the Windwalker monk was not getting to DPS while kiting it (and his dps gear was fully tank optimised anyway, so lowest dps by a good deal). Tanks could just stand in front of him with it and get hit by the cleaves, while tunneling the boss' body. I was healing the tanks and the kiter fulltime, while pally/shammy were on the rest of the raid.
    With only 3 kiters, you have to take it to ~30 stacks per person, which is quite huge.
    Whats your resto druids gearlvl? Logged as moonkin atm. I had 481 Ilvl, and was ahead of everyone else with ~60K hps, so 42K seems very low for your enrage-wipe.

Never have a pally healer kiting, there's jack shit he can do healing-wise, shaman and druid are both better options (shaman have riptide hot + Spiritwalkers Grace, druids have shittons of hots and treeform. Paladins have 6 seconds on Holy Shock, weeee).

I am the resto druid, it's my offspec (though it's been my main spec for months). The healing you see is low because of all the kiting and having to yell at people for standing on shit they shouldn't and for being in charge of healing the people kiting. Generally, in all the bosses we down I am way ahead of the other healer(s).

As for the pally kiting, he was doing fine (but yeah, probably because I was healing him).

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    I am the resto druid, it's my offspec (though it's been my main spec for months). The healing you see is low because of all the kiting and having to yell at people for standing on shit they shouldn't and for being in charge of healing the people kiting. Generally, in all the bosses we down I am way ahead of the other healer(s).

As for the pally kiting, he was doing fine (but yeah, probably because I was healing him).
    The thing is, the paladin can't heal while kiting - you can. Lifebloom yourself while kiting and that's enough to keep you alive, with an occasional rejuv. Then throw WG's / rejuvs on the raid while you're backpeddling. The paladin? He can holy shock every 6 seconds, and that's it. It'll strain the healers alot more to lose the paladins healing, than yours, as you will virtually have no downtime - which means that kiting is really not an "excuse" for doing low HPS . As said, I was also healing the kiters and tanks.

But I'd suggest that you make your tanks take the debuff, take one yourself, and then have the resto shaman take the last one (healing himself while you go on the raid to make up for "losing" him).
    I'd also suggest to have your DK/druid go DPS, and just use both your DK's to soak the cleaves, while they dps the boss body in front - it helps *alot*.
    Let the warrior solo the leg whenever he can use sweeping strikes (unclear on the mechanics) - our rogue in 467 gear and our warrior in 476 were both doing +120K. Your warrior in the same Ilvl is doing 90K. Remember that if you cleave from the leg (100% dmg) onto the boss, you also do more damage to the boss.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sure Draco was trying to be constructive .
    Garalon can be annoying for sure , but defo it's easy and simple fight once you execute mechanics properly (like most bosses).

On our first kill we had 2 tank 2 healers and rest mixed ranged/melee and killed it after quite a lot of wipes. I'm sure next reset he'll die after pull or two!

Make sure to pop hero @ start and have your resto druid start the kite , unless you wanna do it with tanks first. That way all available DPS'rs will take down good chunk of boss hp.
    Make sure to switch ~20stacks , don't go higher since the dmg from the debuff will hurt more then Crush at that point and will be hard to heal with a lot of movement going on.
    Cleave classes are priceless here , combat rogues and arm warrior will melt the boss by simple "transferring" their buffed dmg from the leg to the boss via Blade Flurry , Sweaping Strikes etc.
    We usually assign 2-3 range dps on boss only and rest of the people are on the leg duty all the time.

Good luck.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Oh yes, I didn't take it in a bad way XD

I actually like helpful advice, I'm sure we'll down it tonight. And I bet you my right testicle I'll be at the top of the healing meters :P

How tough is it to heal 2 DKs soaking the damage? We didn't try it in more than one or two pulls so I cannot say I've tried it myself, but I think they were taking quite a lot of damage, like 90% of their HP or so per hit :s

Our group killed him with 2 tanks, 3 healers, 2 melee and 3 ranged. We used bloodlust at the start to burn down all of the legs whilst our hunter began the kiting. He then passed it onto our resto shaman, who in turn passed it onto our shadow priest. Our mage was used as a backup. Myself (WW monk) and our frost DK were the only ones killing the legs throughout the fight whilst the rest of the group tunnelled the body. Even with having three healers and the majority of our ranged DPS kiting we had enough DPS to take him down.

Oh yes, I didn't take it in a bad way XD

I actually like helpful advice, I'm sure we'll down it tonight. And I bet you my right testicle I'll be at the top of the healing meters :P

How tough is it to heal 2 DKs soaking the damage? We didn't try it in more than one or two pulls so I cannot say I've tried it myself, but I think they were taking quite a lot of damage, like 90% of their HP or so per hit :s
    Our setup is 3 healers (monk-druid-shaman) - 2 tanks (blood dk's in dpsgear) - 5 dps (2x rogue-warrior-lock-hunter)

Druid starts kiting, hunter takes over, shaman takes over, I take over (monk); all this at 20 stacks.
    You want to use the max effect of cleave, thats why we have the 2x rogue & warrior, when ur in between the leg & body you can cleave all you want and go allout on dps (just make sure the 100% debuff doesn't fall off on the leg)

For every crush, use a healing cd (revival, tranq, totem, priest that can tranq with symbiosis).
    Our 2 tanks don't take any damage at all; they mainly keep themselves up with their bloodshields.

Killed it with 30 sec to enrage.

Deleted
    We killed him yesterday 2 healed, 2 tank and had (basically) zero cleaves

Remember that the way the legs work is that they double the damage you do if you are standing inside the green circle. Your SP damage wasn't that low if you take into consideration that he barely did any damage to the legs at all and damaged the boss himself instead. You need really good dps or (which equals to good dps in this case) a raid setup favorable for this encounter if you're gonna three heal. Rouge are sick on this fight because the the way cleaves work is that they duplicate the damage done on the "initial" strike. It is therefor beneficial to let your dps:er with cleaves damage the legs and have the rest of the group focus on the boss himself.

I would recommend Bloodlusting at start and bursting down all (or at least three) of the legs. After that you should let your cleavers sit on the legs and have the rest of the group dps the boss. It's also a good idea to ignore the legs that are too hard to reach (after your initial bloodlust that is). This makes it easier for you to group up since every leg that the boss will mend will be on the good side (closer to the rest of your group) of the boss. Our tanks (or Fury Swipes soaker) did damage to the legs on the other side when it was possible but other than that we ignored them and attacked the boss instead.

We also had the two tanks and two dpser kiting. Perhaps the reason you guys are finding it too hard to heal is because you have healers kiting and because your group (if you keep killing all the legs so they spawn in bad places) isn't as stacked up as it could be.

We had 2 tanks and 2 healers kiting, i was 3rd healer sitting on boss and the boss died while he was casting enrage (which lead to a glitch, because boss died then crushed everybody so we all died, had to ask a GM for our loot, and sadly we didn't get the achievement)

So the dps requirement is kind of intense, exactly 500k for the whole raid.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch