Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard doesn't care about separating good players from "riff raff".

When did mounts become about prestige instead of "OH MY GOD, I'M FLYING. ON A GIANT FLAMING BIRD!"?
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i agree, the mount lose all its value if every1 has it... at least to me it does.

To me my mount represent in a way my accomplishments in the game (or at least a part of ym accomplishments) in the same way my title does.
    So if the mount and title im using is aquired from completing something trivial then in my mind the message sent to every1 who sees me is "that dude havent accomplished shit".
    And so i try to use rare mounts and titels.. but its really fkn hard... almost every title and mount is so damn easy to get these days..
    That must be tough... I feel for you

I know people with a lot of rare stuff who just go about with commonish mounts and titles they enjoy using... because why the need to have other players judge your skill / accomplishments on a title?

Blizzard doesn't care about separating good players from "riff raff".
    Being as most of the player base don't consider themselves riff-raff, you included why should they care?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    So if the mount and title im using is aquired from completing something trivial then in my mind the message sent to every1 who sees me is "that dude havent accomplished shit".
    He accomplished the same thing.
    If he didnt accomplish shit, than neither did you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    This topic comes up every now and then. On one hand it would be nice to reward the hardcore players with something, on the other hand it would never work due to all the whine
    You get awarded for downing bosses, not for putting in too many hours of the week than you should.
    Hardcore/casual have no skilldifferention, only time. If you feel entitled because you put in an entire workweeks amount of time into playing WoW, then you are no better than those who feel entitled because they pay as much money.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-06 at 04:22 PM.

Why do you care? You don't even play the game.

Deleted
    If you are a hardcore raider, you shouldn't worry about older mounts. You'll always have newest mount from latest tier to show off.

So why deny other people possibility to get something that you shouldn't care about?

I kinda get what you are saying... Going in old raids with new gear and high levels and pocketing achievements and mounts is one of the least fulfilling and boring activities in the game and should not be encouraged. Rather use the gear scaling (and a lvl scaling) mechanic on old raids to get them roughly on a challanging level again, so people can work for their stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    Sorry, but no.

Removing mounts would give less incentive for a lot of players to even run older raids. Sure, there's Transmog. But most people just want the mounts.

You can be a special snowflake during the expansion, then let others have their go at it afterwards.
    1% drop rate.

And if I'm good enough to get something, and you are not, why should you be allowed to derp around and get it later? That's hardly fair to those who actually put work into it.

I am a special snowflake. I'm better than most players in the game, and on my server. Why? Because I'm intelligent with my time, researching my class, playing smart, etc. My hard work has a payoff, which is why I do that work. Remove the motivation, and there is nothing to play for.

There are items I can't get anymore, because I wasn't playing at the time, or in the case of other people they weren't good enough at the time. There is nothing wrong with that.

Who here really gives a damn how well a player did in ICC or Ulduar when it was current? I mean really, you can't live in the past like that. The current tier mounts are cool, other than that, whatever.

No no and NO. Worst idea ever. Why? Since mop, after reaching 90, i find running old content to be the most fun. Why ruin this? Sure theres transmog and reputations, but mounts have always been the #1 most fun to me and my mates in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    1% drop rate.

And if I'm good enough to get something, and you are not, why should you be allowed to derp around and get it later? That's hardly fair to those who actually put work into it.

I am a special snowflake. I'm better than most players in the game, and on my server. Why? Because I'm intelligent with my time, researching my class, playing smart, etc. My hard work has a payoff, which is why I do that work. Remove the motivation, and there is nothing to play for.

There are items I can't get anymore, because I wasn't playing at the time, or in the case of other people they weren't good enough at the time. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Can I have your stuff?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Jaylock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagan View Post
    It's called getting Gladiator. Get your mount every season like the rest of us.
    this , if u want a rare mount wich no1 can get after wards , be a gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I feel that in order to keep some form of prestige for the heroic / hardcore raiding crowd, Blizzard should return to the policy of removing raid achievement mounts each new tier of raiding is released.

Why should they do this?

1) To keep rare mounts and exclusive content more prestigious
    2) To distinguish good players from the rest of the riff raff
    3) To give incentive to guilds to participate more in the higher end raiding
    4) Most importantly, with the implementation of the BMAH, these mounts would still be available to the masses

The days of gear meaning something are long gone. Any scrub can "look" like they are well geared with the implementation of LFR. This is fine. But if rare mounts are removed each new tier, you will know a player is good by the mount they sport, rather than by the gear they acquire.
    I don't understand this whole "prestige" thing or knowing a player is good by the mount they sport. So okay they can clear heroic content before the next tier but that does not make them good players, only good raiders and there is no prestige in that in my opinion. A good player is someone that makes the game enjoyable for the people they are around, be it raiding, pvp, rp, or just doing dungeons. They are the people that make you want to keep playing or try to be more like because of how they play the game not because they cleared heroic content.

Also if you have enough gold there are many hardcore guilds that will sell mount and title runs. So any "scrub" with enough gold can buy themselves prestige and the look of being a good player.

Lastly I thought that there was going to be an achievement for players who complete heroic raids before the nerfs roll out. Thats sound pretty prestigious to me, seeing as not many people can complete a heroic raid before the nerfs come out.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that in order to keep some form of prestige for the heroic / hardcore raiding crowd, Blizzard should return to the policy of removing raid achievement mounts each new tier of raiding is released.

Why should they do this?

The mounts are pretty prestigious when they are current content.

Could you be any more subtle about your contempt for other people who happen to not be as good at this game as you are? The evident level of self entitlement and narcissism you demonstrate in this one line is astounding.

I don't think that the current incentives are lacking. Putting a time limit on when people can get their mounts by will most likely lead to more desperation and angst among certain players. While it will certainly add a degree of pressure to get the "job" done, is that really a good thing? I see a lot of negative behaviour resulting from such a move, far more than any good that can possibly come of this.

4) Most importantly, with the implementation of the BMAH, these mounts would still be available to the masses
    No. Nothing on the BMAH is available to "the masses". What a ridiculous statement! Very few of the "masses" will ever be in a position to purchase even 1 of the desirable objects it has to offer, let alone a whole bunch of them. BMAH is about allowing a very elite few people in WoW to obtain rare items while at the same time creating a lovely gold sink.

The days of gear meaning something are long gone. Any scrub can "look" like they are well geared with the implementation of LFR. This is fine. But if rare mounts are removed each new tier, you will know a player is good by the mount they sport, rather than by the gear they acquire.
    You already do. The first few people to earn the mounts for a new tier are going to stand out. As more and more people get the mount, the prestige fades. But the thing is that new content is always coming out, so the top raiders will soon enough have another new shiny mount to show the world.

What you want is to be able to stand out for all eternity sitting on a mount you "earned" 5 tiers ago when you were part of a great raiding team. The fact is that no one actually cares.

Sure it looks pretty cool 6 months into Dragon Soul to be riding a black Protodrake when everyone else is riding their Life-Binder's Handmaiden, but imagine for a few minutes that you got your silly wish and that the Life-Binder's Handmaiden were made equally rare, then the person riding on the Protodrake would look like a nostalgic hasbeen.

Is that what you really want?

Sorry, but if you want prestige, and more importantly, if you want to retain that prestige, you have to stay at the bleeding edge of raiding progression, and if you are doing that, your current mount will always convey that to us lowly scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    1% drop rate.

Lmao your not even 6/6h msv or 6/6 hof so you are not that great so sit down and shut up

Why should they do this?

Something that serves 5% of the playerbase is entirely pointless.

Deleted
    Lol, It won't be long before higher guilds start offering "Boosting" services again for a set price, nothing in this game is hard to get anymore, with the right friends, realm or even gold amount you can gain anything you want.

Why should they do this?

No. Also, no. Removing the Naxx protos was a massive mistake that they can't ever rectify. Besides which, if you want to give people the impression that you're Mr Badass Raider, you should have the common decency to sit on a current tier mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagan View Post
    It's called getting Gladiator. Get your mount every season like the rest of us.
    ^This. PvP Players cant get old season mounts, why should PvE players get the opportunity when they dont complete the content how its supposed to be completed while the tier is relevant?

Get off your entitled high horses, seriously.