Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Raid Achievement Mounts Removed Each New Tier

I feel that in order to keep some form of prestige for the heroic / hardcore raiding crowd, Blizzard should return to the policy of removing raid achievement mounts each new tier of raiding is released.

Why should they do this?

1) To keep rare mounts and exclusive content more prestigious
    2) To distinguish good players from the rest of the riff raff
    3) To give incentive to guilds to participate more in the higher end raiding
    4) Most importantly, with the implementation of the BMAH, these mounts would still be available to the masses

The days of gear meaning something are long gone. Any scrub can "look" like they are well geared with the implementation of LFR. This is fine. But if rare mounts are removed each new tier, you will know a player is good by the mount they sport, rather than by the gear they acquire.

Sorry, but no.

Removing mounts would give less incentive for a lot of players to even run older raids. Sure, there's Transmog. But most people just want the mounts.

You can be a special snowflake during the expansion, then let others have their go at it afterwards.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

I agree with you, but prepare yourself for anger of the people who don't.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Sure, make all hardmode titles go away too, but have it go as soon as you log off, kinda like the temp title from H Maloriak. If you're as good as you say you are and not just lucky playing law of averages you shouldn't have an issue getting it again next week.

The policy they had for exactly one raid tier?

Heh. Not going to happen.

What policy? They did it one time. That hardly constitutes a policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    What policy? They did it one time. That hardly constitutes a policy.
    because there was so much uproar, they changed the policy
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is no to exclusive content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I feel that in order to keep some form of prestige for the heroic / hardcore raiding crowd, Blizzard should return to the policy of removing raid achievement mounts each new tier of raiding is released.

Why should they do this?

1) To keep rare mounts and exclusive content more prestigious
    2) To distinguish good players from the rest of the riff raff
    3) To give incentive to guilds to participate more in the higher end raiding
    4) Most importantly, with the implementation of the BMAH, these mounts would still be available to the masses

The days of gear meaning something are long gone. Any scrub can "look" like they are well geared with the implementation of LFR. This is fine. But if rare mounts are removed each new tier, you will know a player is good by the mount they sport, rather than by the gear they acquire.
    They have only ever removed four mounts, both from the same expac and it was pointless. Achievements should never be removed. You are not a special fucking snowflake and do not deserve anything exclusive just for doing something considered "hard". Elitism is not beneficial for the WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Seriously no!

Even if the tier has passed because of a new tier, the mounts are still hard or rare enough to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    Sorry, but no.

Removing mounts would give less incentive for a lot of players to even run older raids. Sure, there's Transmog. But most people just want the mounts.

You can be a special snowflake during the expansion, then let others have their go at it afterwards.
    Pretty much this. The game needs more content not less. Achievements/mounts are a good reason for people to group up and do things without being pressured into having to do content when it's current. I'm fine with things like mimirons head, invincible reins, H rag and DW mounts being exclusive sine those are more noteworthy achievements than metas.

I know a mass of people who have the Glory of the Raider achievement Mount.. yet they never ever even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Mounts should be limited to realm first, if you're not first, you're tied with everyone else for last.

I personally know the Good players, by the Guild tags they sport. Sounds like you might want something to show off to the completely casual person, who barely raids at all. To that I would have to ask why ? Why do you seek their attention\admiration ?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-11-06 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called getting Gladiator. Get your mount every season like the rest of us.
    Signature by Holycrush

I actually like their current philosophy on removing these kind of mounts,
    They do it sometimes and not others. Like they did it for the NAXX protos, but then not at all from Ulduar and ICC - that was in the same tier - they changed their minds or whatever.
    I think this policy of keeping their players guessing - "What will they do this tier?!" is an excellent approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen. ty for playing.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    They do it sometimes and not others. Like they did it for the NAXX protos, but then not at all from Ulduar and ICC - that was in the same tier - they changed their
    Naxx - t7
    Uld - t8
    ICC - t10

How was this the same tier?

Jaylock strikes again!

raiders get plenty of epeen stroking and prestige... and it won't happen so you might as well stop making threads trying to incite people into casual vs hardcore debates all the time...

i agree, the mount lose all its value if every1 has it... at least to me it does.

To me my mount represent in a way my accomplishments in the game (or at least a part of ym accomplishments) in the same way my title does.
    So if the mount and title im using is aquired from completing something trivial then in my mind the message sent to every1 who sees me is "that dude havent accomplished shit".
    And so i try to use rare mounts and titels.. but its really fkn hard... almost every title and mount is so damn easy to get these days..

Deleted
    This topic comes up every now and then. On one hand it would be nice to reward the hardcore players with something, on the other hand it would never work due to all the whine