Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't understand this "It's rare" argument regarding a skill that oneshots people.

Just because it's rare it doesn't mean that it should happen. We're talking about the warriors walking towards the healer at full health and killing it instantly, how can you even try to justify it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamiko View Post
    it tooked him like 20 seconds.. what are you talking about???
    Get more than 3 stacks once in a season = OMFG WARRIORS SO OP NERF NOW BLIZZ PLZZZZZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Not even just in PvP. As arms, in PvE getting 5 stacks of Taste for Blood is one of the most amazing feelings in the game. Arms is a pretty boring spec, but each time Taste for Blood procs a stack higher than 2, my eyes get wider and wider in anticipation.

It's also a big gamble holding off until the latest possible moment, especially in a PvP setting. Being able to stay on your target long enough to take that risk should be rewarding.
    I don't think you'll find a single warrior who DOESN'T AGREE that this pos gimmick should be removed. Hell, going back to a Cataclysm rotation would be 1000x better actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

well trying to defend this, make you all warrios look stupid so stfu this is retarded and tob need to be nerfed, atleast to 2-3 stack tops..
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodeffekt View Post
    That is the essence of PvP, being punished for making the wrong move.
    I was agreeing with your post up until here. Do you honestly think the punishment for overlooking a buff on someone should be one of your team mates getting quite literally 2 shot? I don't think so, 99.9(9)% of teams make mistakes every single game, if every mistake would cost said team the game at hand there would be like 5 teams in the world still playing arena.

I'm all for punishing people for dumb moves and every time I play I tend to play comps that basically win by taking advantage of the opponents' mistakes but that's just a tiny bit excessive I would say.

Again, if they just reduce the stacking to 2 or 3 stacks (depending on whether or not they increase the proc chance) rather than 5 it would be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Get more than 3 stacks once in a season = OMFG WARRIORS SO OP NERF NOW BLIZZ PLZZZZZZZZ
    It needs a nerf. It doesn't matter if it happens once in 10 seasons, it's unbalanced because it leads to an instant win and is near impossible to avoid. If people end up getting something like rank 1 on this merit then I'd say they're no better than s5 keyboard turning dks.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

There shouldn't be any reason for any class to be able to hit someone for that much damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dGchNsnlo

In this video he goes from 100% health to 0 in half a second. It doesn't matter if this is hard to do or not, it is worse than frost mages stacking mastery at the end of Cata.

Wow..people are defending this still? lol.

20 seconds into the arena he gets 1shot. 2400 arena decided by rng is totally good design. Also warriors do a ton of damage even without tfb - the second highest burst of any class, they can also 1shot people roughly once every minute. GUD DESIGN!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I was agreeing with your post up until here. Do you honestly think the punishment for overlooking a buff on someone should be one of your team mates getting quite literally 2 shot? I don't think so, 99.9(9)% of teams make mistakes every single game, if every mistake would cost said team the game at hand there would be like 5 teams in the world still playing arena.

I'm all for punishing people for dumb moves and every time I play I tend to play comps that basically win by taking advantage of the opponents' mistakes but that's just a tiny bit excessive I would say.

Again, if they just reduce the stacking to 2 or 3 stacks (depending on whether or not they increase the proc chance) rather than 5 it would be perfectly fine.
    Fair enough Obelo, I agree, in my coffee deprived state I think I have used the wrong choice of words there. I do think this buff should be removed, I am merely sick of people constantly putting up videos of getting one shot because of it. I think 2 or 3 stacks max would be awesome as well. My issue is just the way people complain about it as thought this is happening every game to them. I as a holy pally, have never been killed by a 1 shot amount of stacks issue. My arena warrior partner, has pulled off maybe 2-3 in the last 300 games and that was due to "punching bag" type fights (melee + healer vs melee + healer) and people not keeping track and attempting to cc him or trying to stop him generating stacks.

@ lulbalance. No I don't like calling people bad, I am sure he is a good pvper, upon you mentioning his name I went and checked and he is. I am speaking from a majority view.

I think Obelo said something but if this is happening to people 20 seconds into an arena, then yeah np nerf it, I haven't heard (from a person I know isn't lying) or experienced this, if it is happening, NERF IT NOW. I just know majority of the vids I see calling it OP are from scenarios like I described above where people are ignorant to TFB and then complain about it.
    Last edited by Droodeffekt; 2012-11-06 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Wow..people are defending this still? lol.

20 seconds into the arena he gets 1shot. 2400 arena decided by rng is totally good design. Also warriors do a ton of damage even without tfb - the second highest burst of any class, they can also 1shot people roughly once every minute. GUD DESIGN!
    I do agree that tfb is broken and needs to be changed, but warriors doing a ton of damage without tfb?
    Yeah, when they pop all their shit they do insane burst, but other than that they've got one of the weakest sustain damage out there.
    Oneshot people roughly every minute? What the hell are you talking about?

ok so this takes 5 procs of taste for blood. not only is it hard to get them, but its hard to maintain them as well. he probably finally got 5 stacks and popped cd's.
    Bane

Blizzard solution for this : Nerf pyroblast.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    ok so this takes 5 procs of taste for blood. not only is it hard to get them, but its hard to maintain them as well. he probably finally got 5 stacks and popped cd's.
    All in the first few seconds of an arena match. RNG one shot doesn't make it any better than controlled 1 shot. A 1 shot is a one shot. It shouldn't happen.

If you could dispel taste for blood, it would be a bit more balanced. however it is unreasonable to lockdown a warrior for the what, 15 sec duration he has it up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodeffekt View Post
    I think Obelo said something but if this is happening to people 20 seconds into an arena, then yeah np nerf it, I haven't heard (from a person I know isn't lying) or experienced this, if it is happening, NERF IT NOW. I just know majority of the vids I see calling it OP are from scenarios like I described above where people are ignorant to TFB and then complain about it.
    Yeah I had the stream on at the time and it did actually happen within a 30-45 second time-frame. You see them riding about on their mounts but it doesn't show the arena starting, it had literally been like 5 seconds prior to that. I still don't have a massive issue with it because he the luck he got is colossal but yea, the fact it can happen that fast if the stars aline is pretty scary.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    It was the first 20 seconds or so of the match. It must not be that hard to get if multiple people have had it happen to them (Gladiators even) and it happened before even the 1 minute mark. I by no means think they should nerf all warrior damage, but you have to admit that hitting someone with a heroic strike for 3/4 of their health or more is more than just a little silly.

Deleted
    I also agree that taste for blood should be looked upon.
    Even if the warrior arms spec, were the single most uterly worst class in the game (wich it's quite the opposite), there should never ever existe a remote possibility of one-shotting someone.
    Or if that would be the case, give that very rare one shot possibility to more classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    no...this is not ok, even as an outlier. don't try to justify that.. haha. it just sounds silly.

ps.. did you really just call Dakkroth a bad pvper? i would love to see your armory if you're going to throw around that kind of language about a guy like that.
    I love how someone goes out of their way to explain why something happened only to have people like this go: "No U"

Maybe you need a tl;dr.

Shaman failed to stop a freight train full of mack trucks. got oneshot. An unfortunate (And extremely avoidable) outcome.

If 5 stacks is so rng and so rarely happens then why not just make it only stack to 2? The dmg loss wouldn't really be much of anything since its so rare for it to hit 5 right? Two stacks would still be arms hardest hitting ability but wouldn't ever be wtf one shot dmg.

Anyone trying to justify this by saying it's avoidable is just really fucking stupid. It doesn't matter how rng or avoidable it is. The thing is it _CAN_ happen, which is an extreme flaw and really fucking bad game design.

Try to blame the player (Dakk is probably one of the best pvp players in this whole game) but it's the game that needs to be fixed.

People saying rng with taste for blood procs doesn't make warrior OP, look back to skillherald wars by no means is either balanced and in reality noone in high level arenas wants a match to be as heavily decided by rng as it is with tfb in its' current state.