[TV] The Voice isnt about singing is it?

So i watched an episode last night, the playoffs. For anyone sitting on the fence about this show DO NOT WATCH. the singing was horrible for the most part, One girl did a version of "hit the road jack" that was petty good. She was pertty cute as well despite having a wrecked grille. Everyother singer that came on I switched the channel within 10 secs of them singing. it was horrible. I want that two hours of channel fliping back.

i did get a bunch of great laughs from Cee-lo, that dude is effing awesome!

/end rant.

Not that I've heard anything specific to The Voice but I would imagine it's similar to American Idol. Even before you sing before the judges you have to sing through several different rounds for producers where singing isn't the top priority for getting to the next round. It's looks, attitude, charisma, etc so you could have the best voice ever but due to something else you could be sent home. The judges then get to pick the best out of the remaining contestants.

I personally don't watch it but I know a lot of people do. I do find it a bit funny many "winners" of these competitions have low album sales afterwords.

All of those shows are all about the judges, want proof? The judges get number 1 hits out of the songs yet their contestants they make into stars very, very rarely get any kind of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    All of those shows are all about the judges, want proof? The judges get number 1 hits out of the songs yet their contestants they make into stars very, very rarely get any kind of success.
    I couldn't agree more. Most of these shows produce "stars" that you forget about a year or two (sometimes less!) after they win, but you never forget the judges.