WTF! Is Panda fishing bugged in open waters?

I've been fishing in open waters in the Panda zones for a chance to fish up the fishing daily for Nat Pagle. Is this bugged or anyone know how frustrating it is to cast and wait those 20 seconds and not get a fish or even junk. By the way, I am capped and also have the Kaluak fishing pole with a 30+ fishing buff so you would think that I would not have multiple fail cast and less junk within a 20 minute period. WTF Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea you will, i use the WotLK hat with +75/10 min lure along with the Kaluak pole and catch no junk, but any +75 or greater fishing lures should solve your issues
    Victoria Aut Mors

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you're gonna need lures or you'll get a lot of junk. The decent 75's should solve that issue completely if you're maxed and have a good pole.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
    I've been fishing in open waters in the Panda zones for a chance to fish up the fishing daily for Nat Pagle. Is this bugged or anyone know how frustrating it is to cast and wait those 20 seconds and not get a fish or even junk. By the way, I am capped and also have the Kaluak fishing pole with a 30+ fishing buff so you would think that I would not have multiple fail cast and less junk within a 20 minute period. WTF Blizz.
    PRetty sure the other posters didn't answer your question. After having done tons of fishing what I've figured out is sometime the "catch" happens almost simultaneously with the end of the fishing timer. So if I haven't had the bobber indicate when there's less then 1 seconds left on the channel I click the bobber and which times it up right when the bobber indicates and almost always get my catch. If you wait for the bobber to indicate at the very end of the channel you'll be too late and miss it.

Deleted
    Hmm, I just use the +30 fishing pole and caught 3 Pagle fishes in the little stream at the Cloud Serpents for their daily. Almost never catch junk.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Hmm, I just use the +30 fishing pole and caught 3 Pagle fishes in the little stream at the Cloud Serpents for their daily. Almost never catch junk.
    OP is not saying that he is catching too much junk, just that he has casts that result in no catch at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    op hardeen is correct i am maxxed fishing with the weather beaten hat the kal''uak pole and the + 150 lures from enginering and sometimes the bobber wont pop til right at the end of the cast, leaving no time to click, i do believe this has been a known problem for some time though i have seen alot of posts on worldofwarcraft.com about thisI refer you to this post http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-fishing-tips This poster has a nice suggestion
    Last edited by jd812; 2012-11-07 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardeen View Post
    PRetty sure the other posters didn't answer your question. After having done tons of fishing what I've figured out is sometime the "catch" happens almost simultaneously with the end of the fishing timer. So if I haven't had the bobber indicate when there's less then 1 seconds left on the channel I click the bobber and which times it up right when the bobber indicates and almost always get my catch. If you wait for the bobber to indicate at the very end of the channel you'll be too late and miss it.

Yes. This is it.

I've been fishing with almost 800 fishing skill and still get junk (Hat boots pole + 150 lure). But it's not normal junk like weeds or wood pieces, i get some fish skelets that are pandaria-only.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    I've been fishing with almost 800 fishing skill and still get junk (Hat boots pole + 150 lure). But it's not normal junk like weeds or wood pieces, i get some fish skelets that are pandaria-only.
    If you are referring to Desecrated Corpse and Scoured Fishbones, they are not technically "junk" casts, even though they are grey trash. They are only fished up in Sha-infested waters, where you can also get the Golden Carp, Spinefish and Spinefish Alpha. They will come regardless of your fishing level (which is why they aren't technically 'junk' casts).