Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

This Is Why World Bosses Were Removed

I'm not sure why people wanted them back so bad, the picture below is why they were removed in the first place.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4...0612154318.jpg

Sooo... laggy...

Sha's been fine, but Galleon's a mess. I don't even bother with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Sha's been fine, but Galleon's a mess. I don't even bother with him.
    Tell me about it... Stormrage has about 200+ people camping him. I got my kill by joining thru real ID with someone from my very dead ex-server. Got the achivement (which is what I really wanted), but no loot. I don't bother with him at all.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    why not have them? you dont have to participate in them and the people that do want, get the chance to do so.
    what would it bringt you if there were no worldbosses?

you shoudnt use "lag" cause its only on galleon, sha is fine. and even galleon its just about once a week, that shouldnt affect your gaming too much

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they fix him spawning after the server reset? That's about the only chance i'll ever see him besides randomly running into him doing Valley dailies...

But, but.... It's a Vanilla feature! It can't suck!

Deleted
    yeah, honestly world bosses are horrible. don't know how anyone in their right mind would have wanted them back

i blame the countless "instances" blizzard uses for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    yeah, honestly world bosses are horrible. don't know how anyone in their right mind would have wanted them back
    cus everything from vanilla and BC was great no matter what.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see a problem they them at all, I have killed it twice. If you dont like to do them levae them for those of us that will do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    I dont see a problem they them at all, I have killed it twice. If you dont like to do them levae them for those of us that will do it.
    ...What? I didn't say I didn't like them, I would like to kill him but...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly why we wanted them back. 200+ campers = world PvP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

What would make it more wordly, Make the area around him a pvp auto flag for pve server. Since they brought back world bosses ( ie: nilla ). Lets make it worth it. So the main progressive guilds on the pve servers have to actually work for the tag/kill.

Edit: Like the SVT arena. Once you step on the floor, you're flagged.
    Last edited by Bytch; 2012-11-06 at 09:11 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    why not have them? you dont have to participate in them and the people that do want, get the chance to do so.
    what would it bringt you if there were no worldbosses?

you shoudnt use "lag" cause its only on galleon, sha is fine. and even galleon its just about once a week, that shouldnt affect your gaming too much
    just going to sort of play devils advocate here. are the world bosses really an event to participate in? a lot of the screenshots, and some videos ive seen posted, show that the world boss is more like a pinata. theres not really any challenge to it, you just sit around, wait for it to spawn, press a couple of buttons and its over with within just a few short mins.

note that im not for or against the removal of these things, i think its kind of silly to ask for them to remove something that can give players any sort of enjoyment, however short, but at the same time it seems like its more effort than worth. just an opinion

I see that picture and think "My look how popular World Bosses are! People sure like them since so many people want to kill them!"

Galleon is the mess really. I havent had any issues with the Sha though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the issue people have with world bosses, they added some nostalgia element, everyone that raided serious back in vanilla could tell you that this is how world bosses worked, you didn't need an organized raid group to kill them, only be in the right place at the right time.

And these bosses weren't as random spawn as most of you think, i was one of those who did some serious scouting for these bosses and i knew exactly what day it would spawn.
    Haven't cared about galleon since he doesn't drop loot that's needed to finish raid content, in the difference to vanilla bosses where they dropped Nature resistance gear who was needed for Princess Huhuran in AQ40 if you didn't want to go with lvl 40 gear.

There are more people camping the world bosses now, doesn't change the fact that killing him is not necessary in any way to progress unless you are fighting for realm / world firsts. and if you are, you should know when he spawns and have killed him already or you are simply not serious enough. if you've been unlucky, the minor upgrades he drop should not make or break any first kills, up your game instead.

Nothing wrong with the world bosses, they are just loot pinatas. always been like this, except for Sha of Anger who is just ridiculous spawning every 10-20min on high pop servers.

Difference from vanilla and now is that there was only raiders that hunted down the world bosses, now its all the nobrainers in addition to the raiders that want to kill the boss.

Edit: I do agree that the spawn timer on Galleon should be more random, not spawning exactly at the time when he was killed. a few hours plus minus would do the trick.
    Last edited by Roxyfoxy; 2012-11-06 at 09:15 PM.

What? They removed the world bosses? Anyways, I did sha like 3-4 times, can't say it was very pleasant at any of the times. I still like the concept of world bosses though, because it brings together horde and alliance to fight for the kill. But yeah.. it's still quite a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    just going to sort of play devils advocate here. are the world bosses really an event to participate in? a lot of the screenshots, and some videos ive seen posted, show that the world boss is more like a pinata. theres not really any challenge to it, you just sit around, wait for it to spawn, press a couple of buttons and its over with within just a few short mins.

note that im not for or against the removal of these things, i think its kind of silly to ask for them to remove something that can give players any sort of enjoyment, however short, but at the same time it seems like its more effort than worth. just an opinion
    Sha is simple...but since I'm on a pvp server the fights can be pretty lengthy due to all the ganking going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Old world bosses required coordination and thus was competitive in nature because you did not just steamroll it. Just because Bliz missed this part while watering down content to make it accessible for all is not inherent to world bosses in general but just their game development.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I'm not sure why people wanted them back so bad, the picture below is why they were removed in the first place.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4...0612154318.jpg

Sooo... laggy...
    This is why world bosses were removed, too many people whining about lag. Here's a free tip - lower your settings if you know your comp can't handle it. It's nothing to be ashamed of, you just have to accept your own limitations. Hell, i'm sure even some of the best computers have trouble on those mass fights like that.

Quit whining
    Kill the boss
    Get the loot

'nuff said