Poll: Which MoP feature left you pleasantly surprised?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which MoP feature left you pleasantly surprised?

I saw the opposite thread to this and found myself much more curious about what features you expected to suck and have ended up enjoying more.

For me; I was expecting the same old from Raids and found myself really happy with how they turned out. I was worried with DS that Blizzard had really lost their spark. I was also expecting Challenge Modes to be underwhelming and something I could AoE Roflstomp through and they're really not.

I wasn't sure if Blizzard could release a nicely balanced class after DKs... Monks really are pretty well balanced with no dire complaints. Warriors and Hunters are a bit silly in PvP but I was expecting the general balance to be much, much more gimped than it currently is across the board.

I didn't think dailys would be a good feature and I understand a lot of people are forcing themselves to do 30+ dailys, daily so haven't been enjoying them; I never enjoyed them in the past but I love having a solo time sink. These dailys are actually pretty varied and fun. I only do Klaxxi or Golden Lotus or Tillers on a given day and that's fine. I still get Valor, I still unlock rep vendors before I have the Valor to spend on it.

And finally, I was really surpried by how nice the continent and world content has been. The zones are all good. Story, good. Music, good. Questlines, good. Exploration stuff like Scrolls of Lore, good. Rewards for exploring, good. Rare Champion mobs, very good. It's all nicely proportioned, I find myself exploring a lot. They wanted to get us out into the world this expac and I am finding myself out there with a deserted capital.

So far I'm really enjoying this one a lot more than expected. I'm glad I came back.

The raiding is enjoyable. LFR is much better as well. There is still some challenge in it right now, at least for the final few bosses of Vaults. We shall see how the other raids are moving forward. I love the loot system. The bitching and whining has stopped in that regard. Only the whining of not getting anything has started, but overall it's much better.

I also enjoy the look, feel and atmosphere of Pandaria. It feels like an expansion again. Cataclysm sorely missed that.

Deleted
    Pandaria. It's absolutely beautiful, wonderfully detailed. I love the way the zones blend into each other rather than changing abruptly across zone boundaries. I didn't expect them to be able to make it so gorgeous yet still keep the WoW style.

I thought I was going to hate farming.

It's really fun, and REALLY addicting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

This too actually.

2 weeks before launch: LOL FARMVIL-

A few weeks after launch: So this is my life now. A full set of Farmer Transmog, Farmer Title. Even some fun farmer vanity items to play with in raids. I am the land.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was excited to do challenge modes... But like always, encounters heavily favor Ranged. I don't even think that there is a reason to bring a melee at all.

Raidin's the same (well, infinitely better than dragon soul), Dungeons were okay, Pandaria was great, Cross Realm Zones are great (except maybe Hellfire Peninsula, it should probably be turned off there) and Monks weren't as stupid as DKs. Can't really say I care for much else.

I would like to see the new talent system on the list. That's the feature that added most depth to the gameplay. I am having a blast with almost every talent with all my characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    pet battles...i wasn't planning to level any pets...i currently have 15 level 25's and 425 unique pets ranging from 1-25 >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

Yeah, Tillers are the only dailies I have ever enjoyed in this game. Suprising.

Deleted
    The coin system to get a chance on loot even if nothing for you drops.

Deleted
    Well, i did not except anything because my interests kinda differ from normal... and i don't mean i'm snowflake, i just _never_ enjoyed ie. social aspect of this game etc.

But Pandaria itself is nice enough, though we still have one fugly area like Dread Wastes... after all, new areas are just nicely finished and memorable. Cataclysm areas felt kinda forgettable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Well, i did not except anything because my interests kinda differ from normal... and i don't mean i'm snowflake, i just _never_ enjoyed ie. social aspect of this game etc.

But Pandaria itself is nice enough, though we still have one fugly area like Dread Wastes... after all, new areas are just nicely finished and memorable. Cataclysm areas felt kinda forgettable.
    I'm the opposite i can remember cataclysm zones because they all contrast each other ie. water vs fire where as pandaria zones tend to blend a lot

Pet Battles I guess. I swore I wasn't going to do it did it anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming - 100% this. In fact, I laughed at a guildie that got to Halfhill before me. Now...that's the first thing I do every day. First place I head to on my alts.
    Pet Battles. Did a couple one day one, and I realized after the 5th battle, I better stop now so I can actually get to Pandaria and start leveling before I get addicted.
    Coins - love the choice we have here on a possible loot drop. The coin roll has benefited me 3 times now.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    yeah a gotta admit just the world itself has been the biggest surprise to me, it just looks awesome, plus its a new place to explore and find some secrets. Such as Adele in the Writhing Deeps

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria as a whole, the lore, the deep and mysterious story, i also love the various ways that i can obtain and progress my character. But for me most importantly, the raids, so far the raids have been amazing, specially Heart of Fear, seriously there hasnt been a boss YET that ive said ''meh that was ok'' I've loved both raids so far, getting into Heoic HoF hopefully next week

(Also lol @ the opossite thread haveing 5+ pages already and this still on the first page, says something about mmo-champion huh?)

Nothing really. Overall very uninspired, very unwowish, very childish and very kungfupandaish.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Pet Battles.

I half-expected them to screw that up like they did with archaeology which at first glance looked really fun, but ended up being HORRIBLE.

Turned out better than I hoped, the pet battles are amazing, and I love what they've done with them.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Loving pet battles and the continent itself. I also find it amusing the things most liked in the poll (pet battles, farming etc) are the things that people qq'd about the most. Good to see blizzard catering to the masses rather than the vocal minority. Loving the expansion so far, feels a lot more like WoW than cata did. The raids have been decent so far as well, a lot better than the snorefest that was DS.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't think I would even be using the farm. I haven't missed a day of crops.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present