Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it wrong that I love scenarios?

Ever since Cataclysm I lost all interest in dungeons... I no longer had the patience for them and grew bored of the trash grind. However I love scenarios, they're short, fun, easy and offer a chance of loot.

Of course it's not wrong, it's your opinion about what you do and don't find fun.

Just because they're not something I enjoy doesn't mean you're wrong for liking them.

Scenarios suck right now but its not wrong to like it.... its just not for everybody

Its not wrong, but you're a weirdo. But that's ok.

I like them as well. They arent something that I do extremely often, however I like them because for me they provide a bit of downtime in the game. I can let my hair down and just have some fun slapping things in the face and not worry about group comp/raid strats. It's really just getting back to some simple, easy fun

Whatever makes the game enjoyable to you, run with it.

Yes. Very wrong. Please quit the game.

Deleted
    Not wrong, but i personally don't see how scenarios are different than instance trash. For me, scenarios are full of mind-numbing trash mobs with 0,000000000001% chance of loot (for wrong spec of course).

But as said before, this is just matter of opinion.

Deleted
    I would prefer it if scenarios were made for some serious solo challenge. I mean, they do not even pose a threat even to someone who has just reach level 90. In my opinion, scenarios shouldn't be based on tank and spank fights, but on riddles and/or mini games. Also "boss" fights should have been more like the rare encounters in the world, where you could be two-shotted if you weren't careful. Now it's very easy, almost boring. But it's ok if you like it. By the way, I did the Scenaterdist last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    they're short, fun, easy and offer a chance of loot.
    Perfect description or MoP Heroics.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Perfect description or MoP Heroics.
    Agreed. Scenarios and Heroics offer very similar experiences. Heroics take only marginally more time.

I do like the fact that queues are instant for scenarios, though, by virtue of not checking spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I stopped holding them to the, probably absurd, standard that I imagined they would be held to - I have enjoyed them more.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I wouldn't go as far as to call them fun, but at least they're not as boring as normal (or "heroic" as they call them ingame) dungeons.
    Too bad the reward sucks and they're not really worth doing.

scenarios offer loot?

Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    scenarios offer loot?
    If you queue for random scenarios you get a bag at the end of the run with a 450 blue (i think)

um I did randoms, all I got was valor

Deleted
    that's absolutely great if you enjoy them then it's all gain for you.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Ever since Cataclysm I lost all interest in dungeons... I no longer had the patience for them and grew bored of the trash grind. However I love scenarios, they're short, fun, easy and offer a chance of loot.
    What most people don't realize is that you can queue for:
    1 Scenario
    1 LFD
    1 LFR

AT THE SAME TIME

What's better for valor income? Waiting around in org for your dungeon to pop, or running a fast scenario (~10mins) for 20/40 vp while waiting on a dungeon/raid queue to pop.

The loot/gold is just gravy to me. I run them to kill time between dungeons and to cap VP at a superior rate (since it's usually a 30-60sec queue to get into a scenario)

And generally, as soon is I get the "scenario complete" toast, I also get a "Your Dungeon Queue Is Ready!" to boot.

I just don't find them interesting. The story isn't very well portrayed and the loot is equivalent to the heroic dungeons with no "unique" transmog or vanity items that I'm aware of. Now, if you get a kick out of them, that's perfectly fine. This game is meant to be enjoyed so more power to you.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    ...with no "unique" transmog or vanity items that I'm aware of...
    Hmmh, they should really implement somekind of transmog-currency (like DMF tokens for old dungeon sets) that you got from random scenario bag. And create few transmog sets. Even few recolors of old classic/tbc random green drops! Recoloring should not use that much of their resources.