Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I really think the bags should always have an item in them. The Scenario takes longer than killing a heroic boss (once you get in), and the item in the bag is so randomized, you might (probably) won't even want it. Not like there's not inflation on shards anyway...
    I have NEVER seen a 463 helm in LFD and I would even queue for the 2 dungeons that dropped it even forgoing the random VP reward hoping for a drop. Killing a LFD boss is just as random as the satchel.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    LFD boss is just as random as the satchel.
    Not really, no. When you kill the first "boss" in M'SV, you have a 1/4, 1/6, whatever it is chance of seeing the helm. In a Scenario? It's much, much, MUCH lower than that.

Sure, if you say "Killing any random heroic boss has just as little chance to drop a helm", but why on earth would you make that restriction? You *know* where the helm(s) drops in LFD, kill those boss(es).

I enjoy them occasionally. While they are not my favorite things this expansion, I have enjoyed them at times.

Deleted
    Is he Spanish ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Sure, if you say "Killing any random heroic boss has just as little chance to drop a helm", but why on earth would you make that restriction? You *know* where the helm(s) drops in LFD, kill those boss(es).
    Did Blizz ever present scenarios as a suggested method for gearing? My impression was they were quick VP runs that had a chance to throw some gear your way as well.

I'm assuming you meant Mogu'shan Palace and 1st boss drops 10 items so it's 1/10 not 1/4 or 1/6. Plus you can only 'pick' that LFD once per day then you have a 1/9 chance of getting that dungeon again. So a random LFD has a 1.11% chance of you seeing the item you want AND you might have to roll vs X people to get it.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-11-07 at 10:14 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.