Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I've got 10 total, 7 on my hunter, 2 on my DK, and 1 on my druid (hunter stopped needing loot). Your point being?

In any case, I'm still quite sure what I said is true - it's a coincidence with his timer that he spawned after maintenance.
    If you read my post my point is pretty clear.
    You said Galleon never spawned immediately after a maintenance, which is wrong.

One day Eredar EU even went down on a Friday and Galleon was there once the servers got back up a couple of hours later. Totally coincidental. 7 times.

He was always up immediately after maintenance on my server, but today he wasn't. I guess it's just completely random, who knows. Strange how so many servers would see him right after maintenance though and now suddenly many aren't.

Does seem to be happening on enough servers that Blizzard might have changed whatever was making him respawn after every server restart/maintenance. There's still cases where he can spawn, but not as often.

I think we'll see further tweaks Galleon with how much it crashed Illidan today.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    If you read my post my point is pretty clear.
    You said Galleon never spawned immediately after a maintenance, which is wrong.

One day Eredar EU even went down on a Friday and Galleon was there once the servers got back up a couple of hours later. Totally coincidental. 7 times.
    Derp. You're misunderstanding. Obviously he can spawn during a maintenance. But the maintenance is not the trigger for his *spawn*, atleast it hasn't been for weeks. It might have been in the start.
    That anymore clear?
    Oh, and I never said the minimum time deffo was 3 days for him to spawn. It just seems to be the average. It's not like we have any concrete numbers we can use .
    But the fact is, for weeks, he's been spawning off-time for my realm, and not after server resets. He only did that the first two or three weeks, untill he started pushing further and further back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main thing to remember here is that correlation does not imply causation. On Barthilas-US he has never spawned as soon as the servers come back up. It has always been a random spawn between 2-5 days since he was last killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Derp. You're misunderstanding. Obviously he can spawn during a maintenance. But the maintenance is not the trigger for his *spawn*, atleast it hasn't been for weeks. It might have been in the start.
    That anymore clear?
    Herpderp.
    The fact that you claimed Galleon never spawned after a maintenance/server restart is wrong as he always did it on my server as well as on other peoples servers as this thread clearly indicates. This fact cannot be misunderstood.

You cannot claim something to be the truth and totally ignore other peoples experiences. Claiming those experiences are merely coincidences is laughable at best.

Herpderp.
    The fact that you claimed Galleon never spawned after a maintenance/server restart is wrong as he always did it on my server as well as on other peoples servers as this thread clearly indicates. This fact cannot be misunderstood.

You cannot claim something to be the truth and totally ignore other peoples experiences. Claiming those experiences are merely coincidences is laughable at best.
    Read my post and what I answered to. The question was in the title - "galleon no longer guaranteed after maintenance?" Saying "he never was", as in, never was guaranteed is completly valid. I never said that he didn't spawn after maintenance. It just so happens that maintenance lines up with when he should spawn according to the timers that's been recorded.

So, TL;DR - read the topic title, see what I answered, let's see the lightbulb above your head when you figure out that never claimed he never spawned after maintenance.

Herpderp.
    Ever considered he is handled differently on different servers/regions?
    Galleon never spawned straight after a server maintainance for us either. NEVER.
    So the topic title was not true to begin with.
    EU here.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I think the main thing to remember here is that correlation does not imply causation. On Barthilas-US he has never spawned as soon as the servers come back up. It has always been a random spawn between 2-5 days since he was last killed.
    I don't mean this offensively but how exactly do you know that he has not spawned immediately after spawn? Do you have your character logged out on his spawn spot and do you make sure you log in the second the servers come back? If not, then how do you know that he didn't spawn and instantly die to a hundred tag sharing Galleon campers?

On Stormreaver-EU, Dreanor-EU and Saurfang-EU, the servers I visit, he has always spawned immediately after maintainance and on Stormreaver and Draenor he dies just a few minutes after the servers come back online as a hundred people frantically spam login attempts to get in one of the groups before he dies. Only on a raiding-wise dead server like Saurfang he stays up long enough that non-campers have any chance of seeing him.

As far as I know from sharing experiences, Galleon *always* spawns after maintainance on *every* server. I've talked to many people that claim otherwise but it's always someone saying that they logged in 10 minutes after the servers came online and Galleon wasn't there. Well of course he's not, he was already killed. On an active server you have no chance of seeing him if you aren't lightning fast at logging in and getting to him.
    Last edited by jaakkeli; 2012-11-07 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    I don't mean this offensively but how exactly do you know that he has not spawned immediately after spawn? Do you have your character logged out on his spawn.
    Yes. So does my guild and half the server.

Galleon spawned today immediately after servers came online on all servers that I play on, I killed him on Stormreaver-EU and Saurfang-EU (and again, killing him on two servers is only possible if one of them is semi-dead like Saurfang-EU, on Stormreaver Galleon died so fast it would not be possible to kill him somewhere else first and see him).

It might be different on US servers or something but again, I'm saying that on active servers you will never, ever have a chance of killing him after a server restart spawn unless you log out on his spawn spot AND log in on the server within seconds of them coming online. He is dead in a minute, if it takes you longer than that you won't see him.

Deleted
    Spawned within 1 min of realm coming online on Grim Batol-EU today.

But guys, that is all a mere coincidence. After all, Dracodraco said so himself!
    By the way, he indeed spawned on Eredar EU immediately after server restart again. Must be a truly terrific coincidence, seeing that he always spawns on a Wednesday after restart and everything between 2 and 5 days after that. Totally coincidental.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2012-11-07 at 08:08 PM.

last week he spawned after server restarts, again friday and saturday. hasnt spawned since.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

He spawned shortly after server comming up. EU Ravencrest and EU Thunderhorn.

It would be nice if they did something to randomize his spawn times or made him spawn more. Right now its the same two groups fighting to kill him around 10 am on our server every few days. I know Blizzard doesn't want him to be a staple in raiding for everybody, but in their spirit of wanting everybody to be able to do things they should shake it up a bit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."