Thread: LFR and Garalon

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Damn you guys are impatient. Some 5-10 wipes on a boss is too much for you? A boss that has been in LFR for 1 day, that only VERY few people have even seen on normal? Of course there will be people that don't know what to do. Just share some of that wisdom of yours and it will be fine. Don't pretend to be shocked when the fight goes to hell, when everyone remains silent, or give very vague info on what to do.
    LFR just isn't the environment for progression. Half the raid drops after a wipe. 2-3 people flame their way to a stroke. It's not remotely pleasant.

There is a lesson they should have learned from Spine. You can't have raid-wiping stuff trigger off the actions of one person (ok, one non-tank) in LFR. Forget the lesser endowed for a moment - a just consider the griefing opportunties.

I haven't done it yet. I'm hoping Vongimi is right and the purple circle hits like wet kleenex. If that's not true then it needs to be toned down.

Luckily for me, my LFR group 2 shot it. We just had the 2 tanks + me as healer rotating the pheromones debuff every 15-20 stacks and then that just means ppl shouldn't stand in the big purple circle and kill the legs all the time but some people simply have to stand under the boss lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess I got lucky -- our group 1 shot it. There were a few people from one guild who seemed to be handling the pheromones, so that probably made the difference. Also, one of the rogues was doing 160k+ DPS while the closest person was at 85k... probably didn't hurt having him.

The problem is RF ppl dont whant to learn the fight, you wipe 2 times the group disbands. It needs some coordination so ppl need to wipe a bit to learn, in reality its pretty easy but sinc enoone try to learn its hell. I expect Amber Shaper to eb far worse. I dreaded this ever since they said they want ppl to have more coordination on LFR, realy you cant do that random 25 man pickup groups of diferent skill and comitment levels wont ever work together to learn a fight and defeat a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    Guess I got lucky -- our group 1 shot it. There were a few people from one guild who seemed to be handling the pheromones, so that probably made the difference. Also, one of the rogues was doing 160k+ DPS while the closest person was at 85k... probably didn't hurt having him.
    Blade Flurry and dps the legs does that, this fight favors combat rogues even more tham Stone Guards lol.

This actually makes me very glad that LFR can't faceroll this boss. LFR needs to have SOME level of difficulty, as opposed to just being absolutely faceroll like MV has been, right from week 1! It'll get easier over time as most people begin to learn the fight.

Yes, some people will fail... but as long as you have 2 people who know the fight doing pheromones, it's not hard. As for crushes, they are a joke in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    This actually makes me very glad that LFR can't faceroll this boss. LFR needs to have SOME level of difficulty, as opposed to just being absolutely faceroll like MV has been, right from week 1! It'll get easier over time as most people begin to learn the fight.
    Not really. LFR should be tuned to the market that it is designed for, nonprogressive raiders. It's not supposed to be challenging. I'm personally not looking forward to this fight on LFR. I knew the moment I read the strat that this would be the fight that people would have difficulties with. Kiting and watching stacks in LFR? I'm dubious it'll happen on a regular basis.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    The fight seems a bit buggy on LFR, we just had 3 pheromones in the raid and the boss just turning around in circles, switching between them. Killed it thoguh in the 3rd try, where 2 hunters were taking pheromones and running around at the edge, since the debuff only lasts 20 seconds 2 people are enough. We were in there with 10 people from our guild and 15 randoms.
    I can see the boss beeing a problem in LFR for completely random groups, but if one out of 25 players takes the time to explain it a bit, only 4 people need to know what to do: the 2 tanks and the 2 kiters.

The inherent problem with LFR: People queue to get free loot without thinking.

While this fight eventually will turn into a face smash like the rest, as soon as there is any resistance, people turn unruly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Just did it, 3 attempts. Win happened with the following steps:

1) Dotted circles = GOOD
    2) Purple circle = BAD
    3) Don't stand in FRONT of boss unless you're a tank
    4) Assign 2 people to handle pheromones and initiate pull.
    I remember you...in the mountains (or not)

Wasn't it two attempts? Kicked tank after first then we killed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really just luck with the group you get. To people comparing it to elegon I hardly think it's a valid comparison. All you have to do for elegon is move off the platform with people in the raid spamming in the raid chat telling you when to do it.

Yes it's lfr and people haven't done it before but I suppose some of us are still optimistic that people took the time to read things like guides just for lfr. I haven't done any normal or heroic raiding and it still felt harder to learn the mechanics then the other lfr fights. Avoiding the purple circle and staying in the dotted circles isn't too hard it's all about the kiting and the dps avoiding his frontal cone attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Calnovik View Post
    I got lucky, the group was down to 5 of us and 20 people from a guild came in to save the day. They loved the fact they did too, but whatever... one shot it and it's done now for the week.
    Lol we had a full 20 man group with guildies queing up for the new LFR and guess what, it would only pop at Garalon - life fooooorever. At one point we decided to take the queue and there was only 1 afk dude there

We pulled it before more ppl could join as we didnt want to have a bag pug standing on shit and had some fun with the fight. Overall the lfr fight very easy - but - with its very easy to have a few idiots to ruin the entire run... Thought the LFR would be more forgiving on that boss, something like not needing ppl to swap the debuff etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    There is a lesson they should have learned from Spine. You can't have raid-wiping stuff trigger off the actions of one person (ok, one non-tank) in LFR. Forget the lesser endowed for a moment - a just consider the griefing opportunties.
    Yes they should've. The solution is to have the system autokick the ones that are failing. If he made a mistake he has time to think about how to play the game while waiting for the queue, if he didn't know the tactics he has time to read them from dungeon journal, if he was grieving he probably won't be doing it again.

Looks to be about as annoying as having tanks that don't try to dance for Will of the Emperor, except dps can cause a wipe. Spend 10 minutes in Guild/Trade chat and you'll probably get at least 10 people interested, then when you enter the instance assign any of the challenging roles to your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this 1 Shot with the group i joined, then again i kited it on my frost mage and held the debuff for 32 stacks. Its all about the kiters, and haveing 2-3 that can carry the debuff, and have them kite around the outside.

Easy peasy fight, IF people know how to kite and share the debuff. Dps then kill legs and don't go under him. Tanks Stand in front and soak the Cleaves, do that and you win..

Deleted
    If you have 2 guys who nkow how to handle the pheromones and couple tanks/plate users who know to stand infront of boss it is easy. Unless you have few trolls who thinks its fun to go to the purple all the time on purpose.

I like the way it is tuned. I am on a 10 man team, so LFR is extra for me. In other words, if I go in and wipe 5 times it is my own fault for going in the first place. LFR is made for casuals, and I believe the intent was to make it something they could do with at least some difficulty. By making the loot superior to heroic blues, they made it necessary for the rest of the raiding community. The first half of MV was free loot, and the second half was pretty close. I'm not going to get all up in arms because day 1 was a wipefest.

PS. Make the loot in LFR consistent with 463 blues... lets see how many people use the system after that.

Tried Garalon in a LFR group this afternoon, and... it was painful to say the least, people kept ending up under Garalon, which caused a bunch of "In LFR-Azeroth, bugs stomp you!"-wipes, i gave up after the fifth wipe, tempers were flaring, had more membership-churn than the cast of a cheap soap opera, and all to a pretty simple mechanic: Don't get under the big evil bug!

Deleted
    First weeks its out? Of course people are wiping like retards. Give it a few, and then every tom,dick and harry will know the general tactic for the fight. The same thing happens in new 5 man pugs every time new instances get put out. This is no different.

See: LOL 18 DEATHS TO THE PIT ON ELEGON

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    First weeks its out? Of course people are wiping like retards. Give it a few, and then every tom,dick and harry will know the general tactic for the fight. The same thing happens in new 5 man pugs every time new instances get put out. This is no different.

See: LOL 18 DEATHS TO THE PIT ON ELEGON
    The problem is that in Elegon if one person fails and falls you're fine. In this fight 1 person can wipe an entire raid. EASILY. And with all the shit going on its hard to tell who's doing it if they wait until the end.

Decided to to give it another try today, 3 hours wasted. I coached the group into getting 3 very close attempts, 21%, 16%, and 14%, but the tanks couldn't manage fury so we always ran out of room, instead of the tanks trying to improve fury management they threw a fit and left, causing dps and healers to leave, replaced, rexplained, wiped at 97%, rest of the raid left. This, this right here, is why hard fights in LFR do not work. No one is willing to stick around and learn.