Deleted

Holy Paladin Professions

So , which two professions would you take for your holy paladin ?

Since i started playing again my Hpally again this expansion , he has only herb/mining professions and i want to change them

Im thinking of taking enchanting and something else that has some useful benefits for my healing in raids.

They are all about equal. Engineering is expensive to level, but does have some fun rewards!!

my paladin has been jc and bs for years. bs gives you an extra gem socket for your gloves and bracers. jc gives you 2 super-gems that have 320 of a stat rather than 160. both give you a bonus of 320 of a primary stat.

I like having Blacksmithing because I can specialize my bonus if I want. I'm able to put in two Spirit gems instead of having to have an Intellect. Also, if you pvp, you can get an extra 2 pvp power gems instead. And of course, you can alway use your slots on extra main stat gems if those are best for the situation/class.

Quote Originally Posted by PuliGT View Post
    I like having Blacksmithing because I can specialize my bonus if I want. I'm able to put in two Spirit gems instead of having to have an Intellect. Also, if you pvp, you can get an extra 2 pvp power gems instead. And of course, you can alway use your slots on extra main stat gems if those are best for the situation/class.
    What PuliGT said. I love having BS and JC because then you can kind of work with the buff you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpow View Post
    They are all about equal. Engineering is expensive to level, but does have some fun rewards!!
    They are not equal at all really.

BS is the best because it gives you 640 spirit. JC is decent now but when the epic gems come out, it will most likely get the shaft and BS will be even better again. Alchemy is also pretty good for holy. And some people like tailoring for the spirit proccing cloak enchant.

BS/JC/Alch are the 'best' professions right now for Paladins, with Tailoring being a cheap option that is only slightly worse

Reason being that they allow you to stack Spirit OR Intellect, so you can adjust them to what ever you need, rather than being forced into Int like Enchanting and Leatherworking, Engineering is quite lacking for the same reason, along with the Engi helm having a very severe lack of spirit compared to Blues
    If you're building for the future though, feel free to take any of the main raiding professions, as Spirit won't be king forever, so eventually Ench + LW will fall back into line as equals, personally I have JC/Ench as they're the closest to perfect professions, and I can make a killing with them throughout any content WoW throws at me

I'm actually using enchanting and JC but i would rly advise u to get JC and BS cause u'll get +640 spirit from 2 extra sockets plus +320 spirit from JC gems

For me, Blacksmithing and Engineering. BS gives the generic +stats in whatever place you want them.

Engineering I absolutely love because you gain a minor cd that is available on a short cooldown (which incidentally works amazingly well wtih Holy Avenger). On top of that, nitro boosts are sometimes very nice in raids, particularly if you find yourself out of position at a bad time. Cloak parachute has little to no use in raids, but its quite convenient in a lot of other places.

Basically, don't pick mining or skinning unless you don't care about the PvE benefits and just want something to make money or supply other professions with mats.

BS, JC, LW, Enchanting and Inscription are basically equivalent, although your individual weight of int vs. spirit will lead one or the other to be slightly better depending on your gear.
    Tailoring is probably the best at low gear levels with Darkglow embroidery providing the slightly better Mp5 than other professions. It becomes weaker as you gear up and spellpower becomes your better stat.
    Engineering is a very nice throughput cooldown in addition to some cool utility gadgets.
    Herbalism is by far the weakest outside of mining/skinning, but does provide an interesting ability in the form of an extra haste cd.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dpow View Post
    The addition of Tinker's Kits actually makes it much cheaper to level engineering now. A lot of cool older recipes have been replace with Tinker's Kit versions, making the process a bit smoother. It's still one of the more inconvenient professions to level, but not as bad as it was in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Cloak parachute has little to no use in raids, but its quite convenient in a lot of other places.

Some of my guildies have found creative ways to use the goblin glider on some fights.

Engineering is the best profession for Holy Paladins right now and then after that is leatherworking. But we wear plate so I think the top two are Engineering/Blacksmithing or Engineering/Jewelcrafting. But from just a stat perspective the top two are Engineering and Leatherworking.

Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    Engineering is the best profession for Holy Paladins right now and then after that is leatherworking. But we wear plate so I think the top two are Engineering/Blacksmithing or Engineering/Jewelcrafting. But from just a stat perspective the top two are Engineering and Leatherworking.
    This is incorrect. Leatherworking is a flat 320 to intellect with no bonus to spirit. Engineering gives ~320 intellect with the synapse springs which can be beneficial if used with other cooldowns for power healing at key times but it doesn't give spirit and may be wasted if there's not an obvious good place to use them or just contribute to overheal if you fire on cd.

The best professions are BS and either Alchemy or Tailoring.

• BS gives 640 spirit or 320 intellect and you can pick and choose which you prefer as the tiers progress.
    • Alchemy gives a 480 bonus to your spirit flask and a 320 to a intellect flask which puts it on par with other crafting professions for intellect and ahead for spirit.
    • The Darkglow Embroidery sims out slightly higher than the alchemy bonus of 480 spirit but if you want to make the switch to intellect then you have to go with Lightweave Embroidery which is an int proc and it's value varies depending on when it decides to go off during a fight which may give you a slight net gain but can also give you a loss compared to other professions.
    • Jewelcrafting which gets mentioned a lot as a good profession only gives you a total bonus of 320 spirit or 320 intellect which makes it substantially worse than either alchemy or tailoring.

I was a JC/BS from the birth of this toon until MoP launch when I switched to alchemy for the spirit boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    This is incorrect. Leatherworking is a flat 320 to intellect with no bonus to spirit. Engineering gives ~320 intellect with the synapse springs which can be beneficial if used with other cooldowns for power healing at key times but it doesn't give spirit and may be wasted if there's not an obvious good place to use them or just contribute to overheal if you fire on cd.

The best professions are BS and either Alchemy or Tailoring.

• BS gives 640 spirit or 320 intellect and you can pick and choose which you prefer as the tiers progress.
    • Alchemy gives a 480 bonus to your spirit flask and a 320 to a intellect flask which puts it on par with other crafting professions for intellect and ahead for spirit.
    • The Darkglow Embroidery sims out slightly higher than the alchemy bonus of 480 spirit but if you want to make the switch to intellect then you have to go with Lightweave Embroidery which is an int proc and it's value varies depending on when it decides to go off during a fight which may give you a slight net gain but can also give you a loss compared to other professions.
    • Jewelcrafting which gets mentioned a lot as a good profession only gives you a total bonus of 320 spirit or 320 intellect which makes it substantially worse than either alchemy or tailoring.

I was a JC/BS from the birth of this toon until MoP launch when I switched to alchemy for the spirit boost.
    Yeah I looked into it, my research was wrong, you're absolutely right. BS and Alchemy