Poll: OP's Fault or Not?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Touche. I use to work in mall security when I was younger. They train you every possible way to break into a car.
    Why would they(whoever they are) train people on how to break a car?

Whtehr he left the door unlocked or not, its the thieves fault because he went into his car and took things that werent his.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I would assume for security purposes, would make it easier to recognize someone who might be trying to break into a car through some unconventional method or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    The truth is, if the thief wanted to get in the car, they would.
    While that may be true whats the likely hood of someone breaking into the vehicle with nothing visible being of value? Having a locked door and nothing of worth visible is a huge deterrence compared to nothing visible and an unlocked door. It's the thieves fault that the object is now missing(if they didn't take it would still be there obviously) but it would be less likely to be missing if the door was locked. Regardless it could have been worse, the OP could be missing a car.

I chose both. In reality the thief is much more at fault than you (90% / 10% ??), but since we can't remove thieves from the world (lest they found a first-world country down under! j/k I <3 u Aus), it's important to protect yourself.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mall cop, you would be AMAZED at how many people lock their keys in the car. I use to get some pretty nice tips too.

So if a woman gets raped it is partly her fault cause she was walking alone? I know apples to apples. But the thief is 100% responsible.

Deleted
    As a mall cop, you would be AMAZED at how many people lock their keys in the car. I use to get some pretty nice tips too.
    So you help people getting their keys when they forget them inside? XD

That's pretty odd if you ask me.

Seems a bit odd... but not really surprised at it either tbh. Guess it works out if they are tipping you...? XD

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Seems a bit odd... but not really surprised at it either tbh. Guess it works out if they are tipping you...? XD
    What's odd about that? People lock their keys in their car all the time.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    What's odd about that? People lock their keys in their car all the time.
    Well, I find it odd because it seems odd that someone who might lock their keys in their car would go to the mall security thinking they might be able to help. Guess I'm just in the wrong here, since clearly those people are going to the right people for help lol.

Depends.

Does this car have electronic locks?

If not, did you have a passenger with you in the hours before the theft?

If yes, now you know who's negligence screwed you over.

There's a reason I ban certain people from riding with me. They don't listen when I say the locks are manual and leave them unlocked every time. Me? Get power locks for people like you at my own cost? When you pay for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you help people getting their keys when they forget them inside? XD

That's pretty odd if you ask me.
    They just unlock the car from the outside. It only takes 10 seconds and involves the simplest of tools. Even the police will do it for free. I had the police do it for me once.

Lock your doors. Don't leave the GPS in your car. I made a rule to myself, if I take the GPS, I don't leave it in the car. Don't even leave the bracket for it up.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Actually police and security are not suppose to accept tips, but sometimes people just throw it at you or... well no one is looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Lock your doors. Don't leave the GPS in your car. I made a rule to myself, if I take the GPS, I don't leave it in the car. Don't even leave the bracket for it up.
    Well that will be my rule of thumb for the future.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here the real question

What background was this person ?
    What type of neighborhood was it ?
    Did they watch and profile you ?

And if was a betting man i know who did it * but i won't say it because i don't want to get banned * and i leave at that

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter whether or not you had your car locked, it is still illegal to steal. I see a lot of people are using logic similar to that of people who believe woman that dress up are asking to be raped. It is not a crime to leave your door unlocked. It is a crime to access someones property without their permission and take their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Actually police and security are not suppose to accept tips, but sometimes people just throw it at you or... well no one is looking.
    I wouldn't admire myself of that, it could be interpreted as a bribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't admire myself of that, it could be interpreted as a bribe.
    Not legally a bribe. Tips aren't illegal. Corporate might not like it because they would want to take credit for it, not the officer. They want to discourage the gratuity from finding its way into the business. Get you a light slap on the hand.