Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like both of them. Although I enjoy large scale battles like WG and TB, I don't really like those kinds of battles in a bg. We have 2 40 man instanced BG's and I'd be willing to bet those are the two bg's that are most commonly blacklisted. The two new bg's are full of action and no cannons/vehicles, 2 thumbs up from me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I like the new bgs. I just wish they'd actually make AV and IoC into huge grand battles. Basically make both of them into classic AV.
    I think you're right about this, the problem with modern AV and IoC is that they're too fast and too small-minded, if they awarded more honor - but were drawn out engagements where you needed supplies and such again, they would probably be much more fun
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I really like temple, mines however is awful, any char i go on at any time of day and its just a mess xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I like both of them, more than any other BG at the moment.

I wish old AV would come back, though. That was proper PvP with huge battles, that often didn't go anywhere at all. The pointlessness of it was why I enjoyed it so much, it was it's strength. I wish we would get something like that again.

I L.O.V.E Temple of Kotmogu. I blacklisted Silvershard.

Deleted
    I love both of them, they are really really much much better than any bg whatsoever beforehand. THey contribute to fast action from the getgo but still with lots of tactics. What else do you ask for? They do what an bg should do, really nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are fun for changes, surely much better than Cata "new" ones
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed. They seem to me like large arenas more than battlegrounds. Mounts don't hardly come into play and I can't even hardly see the point of them. Guarding carts in the mine and I still haven't figured out the other one as I have only gotten into it once. I think a battleground should have a large feel to it as if you are really fighting for a territory or some sort of objective. I would not have a problem with it being in a building/city setting but these new battlegrounds really seem small and squirmishy.

I think I will keep the mine on my blacklist.
    Battlegrounds haven't been fun Since Tbc, now it's every man / woman for themselves instead of working together.., which is the theme more or less for the entire game with the exception of organised guilds.

I really enjoy them. Any bg that isn't ANYTHING like EOTS and I'm happy though.

But really, they are great!

Edit_ Why the hate for IOC and SOTA? I kinda enjoy both.

honestly? I love both, they are both a refreshing change of pace to CTF or stand here game modes. I prefer temple over mines, but still mines is ok!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Both are fun for changes, surely much better than Cata "new" ones
    I'm still of the opinion that Gilneas should have just been razed to the ground and blighted for all eternity by the forsaken. The new BGs are a mixed bag for me. The mines were a fun idea, but I hate playing it as a random bg because people just derp on the herp while they slam their faces into their keyboards all day, tunnel vision blues. Temple on the other hand, is the most fun I've had in pvp since Vanilla AV Bridge Wars non stop kill fests. Temple is extremely fast paced, the games CAN'T be drawn out, kills happen left and right and it's just fun. Personally I don't think pvp should be about rescuing a flag from the terrible clutches of the enemy faction, that's mental. PVP is about ramming knives into the jugular vein of as many people as you can reach before you get crit for 500k damage by a warrior and erased from existence.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Ever since I started in vanilla I have longed for a BG that is solely about killing the enemy, which we now have two of. Temple of Kotmogu is the absolute best BG I've ever played, and Silvershard Mines is very fun if you have a decent team or play with friends.

I know I sound very much like a WSG midfield hero, but I actually go for the objectives in BGs (I play to win). I just prefer that the objective is to kill the enemy rather than cap flags, bases or kill PvE bosses (I'm a heroic raider, but the PvE have no place in PvP).

Deleted
    For rated battlegrounds, Temple of Kotmogu sucks, everyone dies fast and there is really not alot of control. Silvershard mines is awesome, loved this gamemode since I started playing TF2.

I love them.

And i absolutely loathe gilneas and IoC.

Deleted
    Temple is awesome! Not tried Mines yet though.

Deleted
    I like them both, but the mines are my fav xD capping the cart when it is close to checkpoint is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemaker65 View Post
    I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed. They seem to me like large arenas more than battlegrounds. Mounts don't hardly come into play and I can't even hardly see the point of them. Guarding carts in the mine and I still haven't figured out the other one as I have only gotten into it once. I think a battleground should have a large feel to it as if you are really fighting for a territory or some sort of objective. I would not have a problem with it being in a building/city setting but these new battlegrounds really seem small and squirmishy.

I think I will keep the mine on my blacklist.
    Large feel and fighting for territory? i think the new powerball BG Temple of Kotmogu is the best thing to hit battlegrounds since pvp was introduced, it`s the first BG where the only way to achieve your goal is to kill, as for silvershard mines, also great, so glad they didnt give us another 40 man PVE based battleground

10+ Year Old Account
    The new BGs are great. I love em both.

Love both of them, temple a little more than mines.

I also have roughly a roughly 90% win ratio on these two maps as Horde.

Deleted
    Train BG: I hate it not because of the way you play this BG, but because of the amount of CC making this BG almost unplayable.

Temple: I hate it cause alliance sucks at it, atleast the games i join.

If Blizzard removed instant aoe CC or if good players joined temple, i would enjoy these bgs cause they are not pvw.