Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I not entirely sure myself, since I don't like her at all, personally. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but she's a little too ruthless, selfish, and cold for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by UndrCover View Post
    She's a long-standing character that has yet to go crazy and be killed off, like so many others. I think many WoW players who also played Warcraft 3 and The Frozen Throne have a fondness for many of the characters still alive in World of Warcraft today. Sylvanas is perhaps especially loved because, as stated above, she has had a bit more depth than some other characters and has stayed mostly true to her visions.
    She's just as crazy as Arthas or Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Except Frosaken have a choice. That choice is, admittedly, serve or die, but I'll take that choice over mind control. Her goals align with my own, why would I not serve the Banshee Queen.
    Because you are a meat shield to be used to further her own ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    She didnt do all of it with her own 2 hands, but it was by her leadership and orders that the Forsaken were able to
    Pretty much the same with every battle/war, with every General and the armies they lead
    She also missed killing Arthas, allowed a Dreadlord a place of power, and ensured the Alliance would never trust them.

At best, I'd say she came out even.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I hated her, despised her in WC3, delighted in her torture by arthas. Then she kinda grew on me as I leveled an undead. But then, that story of sylvanas came out, about how she didn't really care for her people, how she was just using them as a tool to destroy arthas, and that kinda brought her back down (even with her suicide revelation/resurrection)

Now I'm kinda...eh.

I'd like her if she wasn't such a bitch to me. Horde leaders are mean ; _ ;
    Doesn't really make sense, though...
    If she was just using the Forsaken as a tool to destroy Arthas, why is she, now that Arthas is dealt with, raising the dead to safeguard the continuation of the Forsaken? She must care a great deal indeed to go through with that, even though Garrosh seemed fully capable of taking her head over it...

Don't get me wrong, her continued use of Plagues is disconcerting, and murdering people in order to raise more dead is not exactly the way to go about it, but she doesn't exactly force the people she has raised to serve the Forsaken. As you'll find out during the starting areas of the Forsaken, you're pretty much free to go after being raised. You could join another faction, or just run around...
    A massive oversight of Sylvanas was when she allowed those ex-Gilneans to start their own faction. She allowed them to take Shadowfang Keep... And that lead to all sorts of trouble. Not exactly her fault, but she should have anticipated their insanity and malfeasance.

Anyway: I used to love Sylvanas (apart from the whole 'Varimathras' thing). I fully back her up in the raising of more dead, as a means of reproduction for the Forsaken.
    I now loathe her, though... Mainly because of the Plague, and because of the Hillsbrad Foothills.

As for Horde leaders being mean: Meh; I dunno... Sylvanas and Garrosh, certainly. Magatha, most definitely. But Cairne and Baine Bloodhoof? Vol'Jin? Thrall? Those are really rather nice.
    The Alliance has some funny people on board as well, by the way... Varian Wrynn isn't exactly sweet either, you know. And the Alliance has that Dark Iron queen on board now. And let's not forget Fandral Staghelm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Sylvanas is one of Warcraft's most popular characters, and I can't figure out why. Her record as a leader isn't very impressive. She doesn't have a great fondness for her people. She's lost much of her character depth. The only thing I can gather is that she's considered 'hawt'.

Can anyone help me out?
    Her popularity dramatically increased with her bust size over her model revisions. I wish I could say this was purely being facetious...

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Doesn't really make sense, though...
    If she was just using the Forsaken as a tool to destroy Arthas, why is she, now that Arthas is dealt with, raising the dead to safeguard the continuation of the Forsaken? She must care a great deal indeed to go through with that, even though Garrosh seemed fully capable of taking her head over it...
    The Forsaken are her shield against the dark horror that awaits her upon death.

The Forsaken are her shield against the dark horror that awaits her upon death.
    That's... Very prettily put, but it makes no sense. Even if it would be canon (and it might be, at that), it's still horrible writing...

She's just as crazy as Arthas or Illidan.
    Yet she's still around causing trouble, though she's done less in Mists thus far than in the past two expansions. And she won't be killed off anytime soon, either. Arthas and Illidan have bit the dust, though of course death in the Warcraft universe means little at this point.

That's... Very prettily put, but it makes no sense. Even if it would be canon (and it might be, at that), it's still horrible writing...
    It is cannon. It's all explained in her leader short story.

When Arthas said that he saw only darkness before him, he wasn't just being poetic. Dark souls are apparently sent to some horrible void where they are tortured.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I now loathe her, though... Mainly because of the Plague, and because of the Hillsbrad Foothills.
    But the Forsaken are a race of rotting undead.
    Them using the plauge and stuff kinda fits their "vibe"

Do you see a race of zombies acting any different?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    She tends to troll the Alliance playerbase pretty efficiently. That's something.
    Enough that I hope to get a real Holy Shock to fry her back to Hell again.

Her and her undead minions ALL need to a permanent rest.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    She has a tragic backstory that some of us played out in WC3. She's a cool, unique, interesting, and tormented character. She's a dark ranger. She's leader of a zombie race. She's the frakin' Banshee Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    She serves her function as the keystone that holds the forsaken together while they secure their place in the world. Plus she's the only woman in game that repeatedly puts people 4 times her size in their place with her words and attitude alone since Tyrande turned into a statue.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

But the Forsaken are a race of rotting undead.
    Them using the plauge and stuff kinda fits their "vibe"

Do you see a race of zombies acting any different?
    But the Forsaken are not rotting zombies. Not really. They're dead, of course. They did rot quite a bit at some point, yes. But the main thing is: They're not mindless.
    Who would use a weapon that kills everything? Honestly; their plague kills éverything. Not just humans.. But also plants, and even the undead. They employ a weapon that kills themselves.

Personally, I much prefer the whole 'damned soul trying to make the most of their pitiful existence.' I'm not a fan of 'Blurgh, me stoopid an' not nice fing.'

It is cannon. It's all explained in her leader short story.

When Arthas said that he saw only darkness before him, he wasn't just being poetic. Dark souls are apparently sent to some horrible void where they are tortured.
    Possibly true, but how on earth does leading a people protect anyone from stuff that happens after death..?

Because you are a meat shield to be used to further her own ends?
    My goal, as a raised Forsaken, is to secure Lordaeron for it's rightful owners, ie: the Forsaken. If that involves plague bombing Southshore and unleashing hell on Gilneas, a bigoted group of humans who allied with a force trying to snuff out my existence, I will gladly serve Sylvannas.

Plus, she's not afraid to oppose Garrosh.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who would use a weapon that kills everything? Honestly; their plague kills éverything. Not just humans.. But also plants, and even the undead. They employ a weapon that kills themselves.
    You do know that Forsaken find healthy trees and fields of crops as nasty right?

There version of a home environment is a rotting place with fields of mushrooms instead
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

You do know that Forsaken find healthy trees and fields of crops as nasty right?

There version of a home environment is a rotting place with fields of mushrooms instead
    No... I do not know that.
    I know that some apothecaries make mention of it, but I always took that as them being bitter and emo.
    Edit: Also: Their plague also kills mushrooms. And possibly even the little life-forms that cause rot.

Yes, they employ a weapon that kills themselves, a weapon they just leave sitting around in easy to destroy containers all over their towns and fortresses. It would most assuredly be an issue that comes up in the future.

Because she's a projection of all the things people would like to be but can't due to social pressure.
    It's the Bad Boy/Girl Syndrome, eventually people grow up and all that stuff just isn't cool anymore.

Possibly true, but how on earth does leading a people protect anyone from stuff that happens after death..?
    Because she effectively has an army of meatshields to stand between her and her many enemies.

Because she effectively has an army of meatshields to stand between her and her many enemies.
    Ah.
    Well; that's a problem that's going to solve itself, then.

You know; peasant's rebellion and all that.