Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo Cata Mounts

Are there Cata mounts that can be soloed yet? I hear that during Cata a well geared Prot Warrior could handle Stonecore, but I never saw it done.

So now, at 90, ate there any that would be possible by a Ret or Prot Paladin?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stonecore/Vortex Pinnacle shouldn't be a problem at all.. Could solo stone core on my hunter and vortex pinnacle on my rogue so.. Remember that the mounts drops from the normal modes as well as heroic modes.

the mounts drop on normal mode as well as heroic so normal mode is easily farmable by a level 90

i hear certain classes could solo alysrazor at 85 so at 90 that should be doable

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    at 85 mages could do VP on normal and alysrazor(alysrazor assumeing trash was cleared)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

You'll have no problem blitzing through them as a Ret. Hell even the FL/DS mounts would only take 5 people now.

Stonecore: Easy
    Vortex Pinnacle: Easy
    Alysrazor: Easy for some with using some tricks :P

Deleted
    I used to solo normal Stonecore on my druid and my dk (both as tanks) at 85 in T12. Did Vortex Pinnacle aswell on the dk but as we all know as blood soloing is quite easy, so I don't know what it would be like as a paladin. You should be able to do normal Stonecore at least, and most likely VP but I hate that place and ran it like a handfull times, so I can't speak too much about that.

Ican g straight to Alysrazor right?

Also, is the drop rate the same for Normal VP and Stonecore as the Heroic version?

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Ican g straight to Alysrazor right?

Also, is the drop rate the same for Normal VP and Stonecore as the Heroic version?
    Yes AFAIK

i ran both loads of times never saw the mount drop once so i think they both have the same drop chance

Sweet, thanks everyone. Gonna try for some mounts tonight that I've missed over the years.

Deleted
    I think you can solo all the HC dungeons and get them, should be rather easy.

Don't forget the panther boss in ZG, the raptor isn't soloable by most classes due to one shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Don't forget the panther boss in ZG, the raptor isn't soloable by most classes due to one shot though.
    Bloodlord Mandokir is no longer soloable due to the Vengeance nerf. (unless someone finds a way to survive those 15 mil Decapitates consistently)
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-11-07 at 08:57 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

You'll have no problem blitzing through them as a Ret
    Last edited by simsjackop; 2012-11-07 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a ret, Al'Akir, the VP, SC, ZG panther, and probably ZA bear are all soloable.

Alysrazor has been done by blood DK, so I would guess that Prot, maybe ret can solo her as well.

Im expecting to see, say, Mionelol or someone down Rag normal sometime in mists, same with Ultraxion, and Madness.

There are a few bosses that cant be downed- ZG raptor is one (he is easily 2 mannable though) as is the first boss in Four Winds, council (Probably 3 mannable decently)

Does anyone know if you try to solo beth, if the adds stay down? If they never come up/spawn, it should be easy to down Beth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Bloodlord Mandokir is no longer soloable due to the Vengeance nerf. (unless someone finds a way to survive those 15 mil Decapitates consistently)
    I am farming it daily with my monk. You can still pop all CDs at once, and even though you won't oneshot him like before the vengeance nerf you have about 20s to kill him, which is no problem at all.

Vortex Pinacle normal and Stonecore normal were easily soloable with pretty much every class at 85.

Awesome ill start doing this and farm hell out of these 2 mounts ASAP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Are there Cata mounts that can be soloed yet? I hear that during Cata a well geared Prot Warrior could handle Stonecore, but I never saw it done.

So now, at 90, ate there any that would be possible by a Ret or Prot Paladin?
    I actually did both last night on my warrior with no problems in arms with pretty average gear. The Stonecore drake even dropped on my 5th run. Stonecore is fast because you can skip the first boss. Vortex Pinnacle takes a bit longer because you can't skip anything except a couple of the large dragons.

I started in prot which is my main spec and way better geared of the two. I was taking almost no dmg even standing in AoE and just pounding away so I switched to arms to kill shit faster. When I switched it wasn't much more incoming dmg except on the bosses but they easily died before there was any threat to me.

Alysrazor's trash can be soloed with ease by any class. I just don't know how well Alysrazor herself would go as a non-caster that doesn't scale with haste that well.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Stonecore/Vortex Pinnacle shouldn't be a problem at all.. Could solo stone core on my hunter and vortex pinnacle on my rogue so.. Remember that the mounts drops from the normal modes as well as heroic modes.
    These both were really easy at 85 as a mage, any class should have no problem with them now.

Haven't tried alysrazor solo since MoP launched, but if a rogue can do it at 90, a plate class should be able to as well.

Al'akir would be fun.

Curious to see how many people it would take now for 25yogg 0lights?