Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 1.11 Hotfixes

Time to start the ball rolling, it's hotfix #1

RIFT 1.11 Hotfix #1 - 8:00am PDT 10/18/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 19/10/12 [EU]

GENERAL

* PVP:
    - Reduced the base amount of Valor granted from Armor and Weapons. (A couple still need to be adjuisted.)
    - Increased the reduction to single target and AoE heals and absorbs in PvP.
    - Boosted the amount of Valor granted from Pure Valorstone augments.
    - Reduced the amount of Valor granted from Bolstering in Warfronts and Conquest.
    * World Event Merchants are no longer attempting to celebrate Fae Yule early!

SOULS

* The following passive abilities no longer disappear when you respawn:
    - Inquisitor: Pursuit of Truth
    - Justicar: Salvation
    - Purifier: Hot Streak
    - Warden: Rising Tides
    - Warlord: Down and Dirty
    * Beastmaster: Call of the Forest: Fixed a bug causing this to not work properly.
    * Beastmaster: Command to Stand Ground: Fixed this not granting its Armor bonus correctly.
    * Dominator: Degeneration: Fixed this being unusable on valid targets in certain situations.
    * Justicar: Interdict: Fixed mana cost.
    * Justicar: Mien of Leadership: Corrected tooltip.
    * Paladin: Fixed a stacking collision with Reverent Protection and various souls' self-shields.
    * Warlord: Everything is a Weapon: Will now update its values as you gain or lose Armor buffs or armor items.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...-10-12-eu.html

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 03:36 PM ----------

The hotfixes are coming fast and furious, here's number 2

RIFT 1.11 Hotfix #2 - 7:00am PDT 10/19/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 20/10/12 [EU]

GENERAL

* Infernal Dawn: Maelforge: Resolved the super-annoying encounter resets in the second Maelforge encounter.
    * Reduced NPC spell damage across the board in the four Slivers - Drowned Halls, Gilded Prophecy, Rise of the Phoenix, and Primeval Feast. These hadn't been tuned down for new combat values.
    * Overhead nameplates are visible again with Supersampling enabled.
    * Made mobs in Terminus and Mathosia less aggro, and less likely to call nearby NPCs for assistance from far away.
    * Reduced the amount of Valor on the remaining PvP Armor and Weapon sets that hadn't been adjusted.

COMBAT/SOULS

* Updated the tooltip for the Hit stat - it was not reflecting the 1.11 combat change!
    * Removed Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Dexterity from the pet stat panel as these are no longer used.
    * Archon: Shared Vigor no longer affects Armor.
    * Archon: Arcane Aegis: Now increases Armor in addition to Resistances.
    * Archon: Lava Field: Now stacks properly with other Souls' personal buffs of a similar nature.
    * Archon: Archon Auras should now have priority over all buffs of the same power within the same stacking group.
    * Bard: Motif of Bravery: No longer blocked by other critical hit buffs - reduced the amount of critical hit it grants as it can now be stacked with other similar buffs. Has priority over other Attack Power or Spell Power long-term buffs.
    * Beastmaster: Fixed a bug preventing Beastmaster from queueing as Support for random dungeons.
    * Beastmaster: Beastmaster Synergy Crystal can now stack if a group has more than one.
    * Beastmaster: Bond of Alacrity: Now functions both in and out of combat.
    * Beastmaster: Call of Kinship: Does not actually apply a healing buff - removed that text from the tooltip, and allowed it to stack with Motif of Regeneration.
    * Beastmaster: Call of the Forest: Fixed a few bugs with this so it should actually... work.
    * Beastmaster: Command to Stand Ground: No longer conflicts with other short term buffs.
    * Paladin: Reverent Protection: Removed this from the personal absorbs buff group so it no longer conflicts with other self-absorbs.
    * Purifier: Spiritual Conflagration: Now absorbs the proper amount when used on others.
    * Purifier: Signs now properly trigger from Symbols.
    * Pyromancer: Heat Wave: Now on the "personal" stacking group for cast time reduction rather than the global ones - cannot stack with other personal cast time reductions but will stack with group versions.
    * Reaver: Reaping Touch: Ability changed - now provides a bonus to Damage over Time damage and allows Ravaging Strike to apply an armor debuff that properly scales with level.
    * Warden: Reef Barrier: Can now stack with Call of Stone or Motif of Tenacity, but slightly reduced its effectiveness because of this.
    * Warlord: Empowering Strike: Fixed various rank versions being on the wrong stacking group.

Time for my eye candy again, supersampling is back in business

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of soul 'tweaks' in the latest Hotfix #3

RIFT 1.11 Hotfix #3 - 8:00am PDT 10/24/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 25/10/12 [EU]

GENERAL

* Fixed a bug where Toughness was not working against raid bosses and mobs.
    * In general, the critical hit damage of mobs should be 25% higher than their normal damage.
    * PvP: Sergeant's Order, General's Order, Maelstrom, Rebuke, Fae Extraction, Rift Summon, Void Summon, and Planar Attraction now apply Grounded when cast on players, blocking additional hostile teleports and pulls from taking effect for 12 seconds.
    * Removed the Rift 'An Auspicious Harvest' from the regular world rotation.
    * Characters below level 50 should no longer incorrectly receive Planar Attunement experience as rewards from the Tempest Rising story quests.
    * Item: Bottle of Lifeleech: Fixed buff so it should heal for the expected amount.
    * Item: Fixed the four-piece bonus on Stalwart's Battlegear. It should heal for the expected amount now.
    * Planar Attunement: Overload: Should be healing for the expected amount!
    * Planar Attunement: Vampiric Essence: Hey - surprise - this should be healing for the right amount now!

CRAFTING

* Crafting: All general crafting ingredients, goods, and materials now stack to 99.
    * Inert Prism, Inert Shard, and Inert Stone now have the correct tooltips.
    * Fixed several Augments that could not be Runebroken.
    * Fixed several Salvaged material tooltips that claimed they would break down in to the wrong materials.
    * Slightly increased the rate at which you receive Epic salvage materials from salvaging Epic quality items.

SOULS

* Beastmaster and Archon Intelligence/Wisdom/Dexterity buffs are now on a separate stacking group. You can have these plus the basic buffs for these stats (like Bard buffs).

CLERICS

CABALIST

* Dark Passage: Can now actually be used while crowd controlled.
    * Affinity for Death: Now with approximately 100% more working.

DRUID

* Greater Faerie Healer, Greater Faerie Seer: Tooltips now refer to proper max level amounts.

INQUISITOR

* Nysyr's Rebuke: Reduced the amount of damage this deals in PvP.

JUSTICAR

* Asphodel's Justicar Crystal: Fixed the 2-piece set bonus.

SENTINEL

* Liberty of Thought: Can now actually be used while crowd controlled

WARDEN

* Geyser: Fixed tooltip!

MAGES

ARCHON

* Spark Shower shouldn't be stacking with Anthem of Competence - fixed.
    * Arcane Aegis: Updated description to show that it reduces the Armor of the caster.
    * Fixed an issue with how Blood Pact affected the stacking of Shared Vigor. Shared Vigor should no longer be overwritten by equal or less effective Endurance buffs.

CHLOROMANCER

* Soul Tether: Now revives allies at 50% mana and health, up from 30%.
    * You can now have a maximum of 3 targets with Withering Vine active on them.
    * Natural Conversion: Should now be healing for the expected amount.
    * The DoT that Nature's Corrosion causes from Vile Spores and Ruin now deals its damage every 1 second instead of every 2. The damage per tick is reduced but the overall damage dealt remains the same.

DOMINATOR

* Mana Wrench: Updated the amount of mana drained.
    * Haunting Pain: Now properly affected by the range increase from Mental Fortitude.
    * Malevolent Bolt: The description should now list the correct damage for the debuff effect applied by this ability.

PYROMANCER

* Improved Glyphs of Power: Now grants equal additional damage in PvE and PvP.
    * Reduced the PvP damage reduction (as in, they do more damage in PvP now) on Fulminate, Cinder Burst, and Inferno.

ROGUE

* The energy cost of all area attack and healing abilities has been reduced.

RANGER

* Corrected the first four ranks of Blood Raptor and Greater Dire Wolf so they give the correct armor value.

WARRIOR

CHAMPION

* Thunderous Strike: Now does less damage but increases damage dealt by AoE attacks for 15 seconds.
    * Trample: Now triggers off of Finishers as well as Bull Rush.

PALADIN

* Aggressive Guardian: Fixed a bug causing this to generate too much threat.
    * Light's Vengeance: No longer infinitely stackable.

PARAGON

* Deadly Parity: Fixed a bug causing this to be affected by Attack Power twice.
    * Way of the Wind: Fixed a bug causing this to do more damage than intended.
    * Strike Like Iron: Damage bonus reduced from 10-30% to 5-25%.
    * Unleashed: Each stack of Readiness now increases Attack Power and Weapon contribution to damage by 5%, down from 6%.
    * Setting Moon: Damage increase on Follow Up attacks reduced to 15% from 30%.
    * One Two Punch: The increase to base damage of Follow Up attacks reduced to 5% per point spent in the ability, down from 7%.

REAVER

* Infectious: Increased damage bonus to 20-60%.
    * Crippling Infestation: Additional damage taken increased to 3-15%.
    * Base damage on Soul Sickness, Blood Fever, Necrotic Wounds, and Flesh Rot has been reduced.

RIFTBLADE

* Fixed the Rift Implosion progression.
    * Reduced the base damage on Bursts.
    * Burst Capacitor: Increased the effect to 8% per point. [There is a text typo on the last rank where it only shows 6% increase on the tooltip.]

VOID KNIGHT

* Rift Summon, Void Summon: Fixed these abilities making the target immune to their own root under diminishing returns.

WARLORD

* Brothers in Arms: Now properly removed if either the caster or the target zones or logs out.
    * Seasoned: Changed to reduce Power consumption by 2/4 Power for all reactive abilities.
    * Fixed Arterial Strike and Backhand dealing too much damage and costing too much Power.
    * Down and Dirty: Now also increases damage by 3-6%.
    * Combat Training: Damage increase reduced to 5-10%.
    * Thick of Battle: Now also increases damage by 3-9%.
    * Three Moves Ahead: Damage increase on Piercing Thrust and Wave of Steel reduced to 5-25%.
    * Tactical Surge: Damage increase reduced to 25%.

Warrior changes... -_-

99 mats to a stack! Trion, I'm gonna name my first child after you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    99 mats to a stack! Trion, I'm gonna name my first child after you.
    It was in game on launch for Mining (my bars were stacking to 99) but not runecrafting or tailoring (from the proffs I have). it is an elegant change indeed
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    it is an elegant change indeed
    Did it put on ballroom dress or something? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Did it put on ballroom dress or something? >.>
    lol, wtf? it didn't put on a ballroom dress but my bags are far more elegant and spacey :P
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    It was in game on launch for Mining (my bars were stacking to 99) but not runecrafting or tailoring (from the proffs I have). it is an elegant change indeed
    Apothecary mats aren't like that outside of the vendor sold ones. Twilight Bloom Roots still only stack to 50.

This is why official forums are useless these days. Warriors so caught up in the paragon nerfed they never noticed that the Riftwalk nerfs never went live. That is pretty damn major and leave 51RB very viable as a ST and AoE build.

I called that SLI nerf. Atrius is being quiet, but it is clear he see's 1.4 pigeon holing into 38 Para builds being forced.

Riftwalk won't be a part of the regular rotation. It's not intended to be such and expect it to change by the time SL goes Live.

The Riftwalk thing is super lame. It doesn't really make sense other than being poorly balanced. Clearly a blink isn't intended to be a main damage builder. Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Riftwalk thing is super lame. It doesn't really make sense other than being poorly balanced. Clearly a blink isn't intended to be a main damage builder. Come on now.
    Enjoy it while you can. I already have something else lined up once they gut Riftwalk like they did on the BETA. Hopefully the energy changes to RB go live when he guts Riftwalk or else playing a warrior will suck worse then it does now.

RW is in for a 80% nerf very soon.

I don't really play DPS. I only tank.

Even solo as a tank.

I don't really play DPS. I only tank.

Even solo as a tank.
    Major issue we have and it has been like this since release. DPS warrior have gotten VERY VERY used to having AoE/ST rolled up into one build. Champion is good only for AoE right now and the rotation is gimped bad with energy issues left and right.

Paragon made everyone happy (except me) because it accomplished this goal, but it got gut'd a little too hard and I assume it was done like to balance around lvl 60.

RW having a base damage of 3500 as a teleport never made sense. Soul sickness is kind of the same. A zero point ability that hits that hard never made sense. All this will settle out once we are 60 and have access to the top tier builds, but for these remaining 2 weeks it kind of sucks.

Actually I think the Paragon changes in beta were sorta terrible. It seems odd to divide Champ and Para so sharply now. There's good mid tier synergy between the two. At 56+ you're still forced to make that either/or choice between ST and AE DPS.

Also seemed that Paragon is no longer based on follow up attacks as much as finishers. Which is okay mechanically speaking, though a bit odd psychologically due to past history. Seems like the follow up mechanic is sorta an afterthought now.

What was wrong with Way of the Wind and Path of the Hurricane? There should be at least 2 ST and 2 AE follow ups for the only warrior soul with this follow up mechanic. Who the fuck is using disarm?

I still feel like there is too much PVP shit in the souls. Trion did a good job generalizing the Champion talents to be less PVP-ish. Paragon is pretty terrible right now. I also don't really see the point of Setting Moon when I am forced in to Double Jeopardy and Weapon Familiarity.

I do agree with Puremallace on one thing: the warrior dev is goddamn awful.

Sorry, Trion. Atrius is neither communicative or insightful enough of the very class he is in charge of.

I do agree with Puremallace on one thing: the warrior dev is goddamn awful.

Sorry, Trion. Atrius is neither communicative or insightful enough of the very class he is in charge of.
    I am not sure who it is making the decision, but we need a baseline for damage. What are the targeted goals? I have no idea when I am being OP until a Mage or Rogue tells me I am.

Daglar made up some sad excuse that if they gave us the baselines we would find a way around them. This logic makes sense until you realize we would know something was OP if we went past the number and hence could report it.

The environment that Trion is creating right now is one that encourages everyone to not report OP builds until they go live. Riftwalk is a perfect example. How a builder that can be spammed for that much damage went live and the Alpha testers never noticed is amazing to me?

Here is our super secret process:
    1. Open skills tree
    2. Look for low CD ability that hit like truck
    3. Once found determine if it is power starved
    4. Figure out points in the tree to make said ability hit harder

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/-29048667/Riftwalk

Riftwalk
    20 Meter Range
    20 Energy
    Instant
    Teleports to behind the enemy. Deals 3745 to 4139 Air damage. Awards 1 Attack Point.

The problem with Riftwalk is pretty damn simple and it really is not the damage. The problem is the ability resets, so you do not have to wait 30 seconds to cast it again.

- Elemental damage is increasing the damage RW does because RW is a air attack
    - Elemental weapon increases damage of elemental touch by 50%

I am assuming RW is classified as a burst attack. Quick burst appears to be resetting the CD on RW. If you use this build you obviously see it. You use RW, then it can be used again, then again, then again and sometimes it goes through the full 30sec CD

Also then add in Synergy is reducing the power cost of RW because it is a teleport. Essentially the entire RB soul is broken because of one attack.

No lie, i looked at the official forums, and if i were the dev, i probably would never talk to anyone posting about warriors. Was pretty funny to go see pages on pages of spam about hotfix #3 and how 1 hotfix "broke" dps. I'm sorry that warriors are shocked that they are not first in dps for once, in a 4 week period before the expansion, but come now, they re-tuned monsters, so dps comparisons before .11 and during are so biased, and dps at 60 is also hard to imagine as well, as some parses are out, but real, in-depth study are not available.

Long story short, people need to suck it up and play the game. I can not tell you what it was like to play a warrior in other games, and be constantly nerfed in both PvE and PvP. I can tell you what my reactions were to the people that said warrior couldnt do this or that. "Haters gonna hate" and i did it anyway, regardless of nerfs.

So a recap, Parse at 60, provide non-complaining feedback, and dont insult a dev team that actually cares. We could have much worse, like a dude named Greg, if you understand my drift.

No one is more lowly than the Rift rogue. Those guys, the worst.

Also the Warrior dev has a long history of bad communication and muddy direction for Warriors. It's not like Warrior complaints are some recent thing with the latest hotfix. For a year + now, the Warrior dev has been awful at communicating to us any clear direction & intention.

Only vague bullshit.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-25 at 07:23 PM.

If I had to rank them and I will give reasons why

1. Mage dev: Kevrick
    . Actively seeks feedback regarding bugs, since like 1.6 he has posted bugged threads and actively updated them and responded to player concerns
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gs-1-11-a.html
    . Takes constant feedback and answers questions

2. Cleric dev: Zinbik
    . This guy will take you to Calculus class and break down the smallest details and answer questions
    . Takes feedback and post regularly if broken skills are reported.

3. Warrior dev: Atrius
    . Is being completely outdone by the guys playing Warrior. Almost constant exploit, bugged builds allowed to go live sometimes after reports were made
    . This guy seriously needs to understand not all of us have his Trion e-mail address and we communicate via bug reports and the forums

4. Rogue dev: Alinion
    . Has like 20 post on the forums?
    . Most of us actually thought he got fired for awhile until we saw one post confirming a bug
    . Overall no feedback or response to players

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    No lie, i looked at the official forums, and if i were the dev, i probably would never talk to anyone posting about warriors. Was pretty funny to go see pages on pages of spam about hotfix #3 and how 1 hotfix "broke" dps. I'm sorry that warriors are shocked that they are not first in dps for once, in a 4 week period before the expansion, but come now, they re-tuned monsters, so dps comparisons before .11 and during are so biased, and dps at 60 is also hard to imagine as well, as some parses are out, but real, in-depth study are not available.

Long story short, people need to suck it up and play the game. I can not tell you what it was like to play a warrior in other games, and be constantly nerfed in both PvE and PvP. I can tell you what my reactions were to the people that said warrior couldnt do this or that. "Haters gonna hate" and i did it anyway, regardless of nerfs.

So a recap, Parse at 60, provide non-complaining feedback, and dont insult a dev team that actually cares. We could have much worse, like a dude named Greg, if you understand my drift.
    GC is no different than the Devs people are ridiculing on the Rift forums right now. People will cry like a child and call them stupid when the answer isn't what they want to hear.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If I had to rank them and I will give reasons why

1. Mage dev: Kevrick
    . Actively seeks feedback regarding bugs, since like 1.6 he has posted bugged threads and actively updated them and responded to player concerns
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gs-1-11-a.html
    . Takes constant feedback and answers questions

2. Cleric dev: Zinbik
    . This guy will take you to Calculus class and break down the smallest details and answer questions
    . Takes feedback and post regularly if broken skills are reported.

3. Warrior dev: Atrius
    . Is being completely outdone by the guys playing Warrior. Almost constant exploit, bugged builds allowed to go live sometimes after reports were made
    . This guy seriously needs to understand not all of us have his Trion e-mail address and we communicate via bug reports and the forums

4. Rogue dev: Alinion
    . Has like 20 post on the forums?
    . Most of us actually thought he got fired for awhile until we saw one post confirming a bug
    . Overall no feedback or response to players
    This is exactly why Blizzard came up with Ghostcrawler. One person to take the heat and communicate to the public. Dev's shouldn't be communicating with the public. Solid social skills and patience for whiny players is a rare trait in a good developer. So filter the constructive feedback through one source and relay it to the developers. They are wasting valuable development time responding on the forums.