is fury warrior pvp viable?

just every DPS mastery is vialbe in arena.
    why fury warrior should be kick out?
    Isn`t suck?blz?

arcane mages/surv hunters/mm hunters/aff locks/all rogue specs/boomkins/ele shammies say hi

u points out much about the damage or survival,
    but all that may be obtaining 2200+ rating in arena,it`s depended on the player.
    obvirsly, fury warrior is disadvatage of mechanism.
    the rage system, the skill cost, it`s suck...

The english on these forums is just sad =/

OT: I believe fury might be viable if played in the right comp / And or played by a good player. I have met a few fury warriors around the ~1.5k rating. They can do quite nice burst, but compared to arms's high mobillity / Burst, I dont think they can match up.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, there are a few reasons why fury isn't visible in arenas - but primarily that it isn't as successful, as simple, or as bursty as Arms is right now: if you can be Fury, why not be Arms?

There are also reasons why Fury has historically not been as strong in pvp ever since Vanilla - here the reason is primarily that since Arms was given remotely comparable PvE DPS - Fury has been at the comparative disadvantage in pvp of requiring much higher hit and expertise caps just to reliably hit as often as Arms.

Fury probably has some pretty sick sustained and burst, but it's not as RNG inta-win as TfB x5 - I think in these cases when the alternative is Arms - why be fury? (It's been that same dilemma since vanilla really)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    So, there are a few reasons why fury isn't visible in arenas - but primarily that it isn't as successful, as simple, or as bursty as Arms is right now: if you can be Fury, why not be Arms?

There are also reasons why Fury has historically not been as strong in pvp ever since Vanilla - here the reason is primarily that since Arms was given remotely comparable PvE DPS - Fury has been at the comparative disadvantage in pvp of requiring much higher hit and expertise caps just to reliably hit as often as Arms.

Fury probably has some pretty sick sustained and burst, but it's not as RNG inta-win as TfB x5 - I think in these cases when the alternative is Arms - why be fury? (It's been that same dilemma since vanilla really)

Well if I can remember correctly, fury has always had abit higher burst than arms. Take early cata as an example. if you could get full rage, and popped CDs, shit just died. But I guess this is around the same time arms were quite OP aswell, with the "one-shot macro"

Deleted
    I played my warrior a lot, exclusively during TBC, I loved fury even though it was seriously disadvantaged.
    I tried hard to master the spec, perfecting my gameplay with macros.

I did fairly well, and surprised a few people and anyone can too, if you really want to play it and master it, I think any spec could reach high ratings.

Obviously there is clearly cookie-cutter tried and tested specs that just work better in PvP and most people opt to play those specs for PvP.

But I really think mastering the spec you play, and playing co-ordinated with people you enjoy playing with has the biggest impact on your PvP performance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Well if I can remember correctly, fury has always had abit higher burst than arms. Take early cata as an example. if you could get full rage, and popped CDs, shit just died. But I guess this is around the same time arms were quite OP aswell, with the "one-shot macro"
    Fury's Heroic Strike at the start of cata was nerfed weeks into the expansion, it was made obvious by the devs that it wasn't something they had tested very seriously and it had slipped through onto live (mastery stacking was the big trick), so I consider that an exception to fury's history: certainly not a good representative example.

In vanilla my main was fury pvp and it was tons of fun, I'd Love to see the spec make an honest comeback - and note that I never said fury was bad, I just said, "when the alternative is Arms - why be fury?" - fury isn't bad right now by any means, but every fury warrior is a potential arms warrior.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

well, i played 2v2 in end game cata ret pala / fury warrior.

everything died unless the enemy team had a good healer. Fury had insane self healing, he could go from 20% to full in a matter of seconds, even without me healing him. and i could crit heal 200k with an instant word of glory, so we did pretty decent

Deleted
    PvP gear does not currently have enough crit for fury unless you gem for crit(you will lose pvp power, str and resi) and lack of CS procs makes it horrible trying to kill anything with high armor. You will also need GOOD weapon from PvE to play as fury in PvP and you will need crit buff too(mage, feral druid or hunter) in your team.

Fury has good burst tho, pool up some rage, stack two stacks of raging blow, use CS and empty your rage bar. Fury will be rage starved if you are sitting in defensive stance because lack of overpower type spell.