10+ Year Old Account

Haste beating mastery as arms?

I just ran another sim on my character (Link in signature) and was rather surprised: Crit was ranked at .64 per str, but haste was at .57 per str, while mastery was down at .33. This is drastically different from a few pieces of gear ago. Is this accurate? Has anyone else experienced or seen this?

EDIT: Checking another arms warrior at similar gear levels, and it seems haste>mastery at this point. Unexpected, I thought it might be a while still.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-11-07 at 05:57 AM.

I noticed that haste actually does come out over mastery in simcraft as arms for some reason. However, if you play both specs with the same gear like I do, then you would be better off to just continue putting mastery over haste since haste is absolute garbage for fury. I'm at the point where 2 points of mastery > 1 point of strength for fury.

Not to mention reforging into haste as a warrior would just feel very wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    could that be because Arms mastery is an extra attack for our weapon damage (or am i wrong), and at this point in time weapon damage is low for the expansion? So the haste for more auto attacks would yield a greater gain than the occasional mastery proc? as well as more rage for more slams/H-Strikes?
    "WHY? Because I have green hair". "Screw the money I have rules, wait... that's not right".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    I noticed that haste actually does come out over mastery in simcraft as arms for some reason. However, if you play both specs with the same gear like I do, then you would be better off to just continue putting mastery over haste since haste is absolute garbage for fury. I'm at the point where 2 points of mastery > 1 point of strength for fury.

Not to mention reforging into haste as a warrior would just feel very wrong.
    I know right? I felt dirty reforging into haste, but it was so much better than mastery...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did a SIMC on my toon, current gear, helter skelta, 10k iterations.

Got these weights.

STR:1
    EXP: 1.09
    HIT: 1.37
    Crit: 0.49
    Haste: 0.61
    Mastery: 0.27

Most interesting here is that Haste has come out not only on top of mastery, but Crit as well....
    "WHY? Because I have green hair". "Screw the money I have rules, wait... that's not right".

Quote Originally Posted by zat View Post
    could that be because Arms mastery is an extra attack for our weapon damage (or am i wrong), and at this point in time weapon damage is low for the expansion? So the haste for more auto attacks would yield a greater gain than the occasional mastery proc? as well as more rage for more slams/H-Strikes?

It's actually an extra strike for 55% weapon damage, which is godawful.

Hmm, must be a combination of your gear and talents. I don't have bloodpath for example, and even tried reforging to haste before the sim and my stats with 10k iterations simmed as follows:
    strength (1.00) 2.37
    crit (0.53) 1.26
    mastery (0.29) 0.69
    haste (0.25) 0.59

Or maybe I just need that extra ilvl and it will pull over, don't know.

Although you still can't trust simcraft entirely, for example it still doesn't count stormbolt getting any extra damage from colossus smashes - it averages my SB crits being somewhere 250k and normal hit being just above 100k, although my real values are somewhere (highest crit with trinkets+CS) ~400k, still over 300k on average and minimum of 150k hits average when just colossus is on... And that's why it only shows it to be ~6% of damage done and misses those extra 3% from it.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-11-08 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not sure, i don't do much theory stuff...

And yeah I am running Bloodbath, might help to include my armory link...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kitar/advanced

Had never used SIMC before today so fair chance i might have stuffed it up.

What if you people try to switch bloodpath to something else for a test for the sim? It scales from haste so it's only safe to assume when it ticks more it will be a bigger dps increase than a random weak swing proc for Arms.

Haste and Mastery have been swapping places for me a lot, they seem to be roughly equal, one piece either side can swing it. As for it being better than crit? never seen it anywhere near.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4