Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Should Obama appoint Romney as new Secretary of Business?

I am a staunch liberal and definitely not a Romney fan by any stretch, but you can't help but feel sorry for him now that he's lost the election. Even a Romney critic such as myself can recognize that bi-partisan cooperation is necessary to move any country forward. He has legitimate business experience, some good ideas, and he has a large backing inside the Republican party itself.

I believe it would be a good idea to appoint him to the cabinet as Secretary of Business. Such a move could help breach the gap between the two parties and be a symbolic gesture of wanting to work together, and by extension finally get some helpful legislation passed. Not to mention, I think we can all agree that Romney would be a qualified candidate for the post.

President Barack Obama signaled if he wins a second term he would appoint a Secretary of Business to oversee newly-consolidated government agencies, including the Small Business Administration.

“We should have one Secretary of Business, instead of nine different departments that are dealing with things like giving loans to SBA or helping companies with exports,” Mr. Obama said in an interview that aired Monday on MSNBC. “There should be a one-stop shop.”

-Do you guys think that Barack Obama should appoint Mitt Romney as the new Secretary of Business?

No. GOP's policies do nothing but hurt small businesses.

The 'Secretary of Business' should be a well respected economist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but Romney brings "zero" votes to the table. His support is pretty much a dead end.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

Like Paul Krugman.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Like Paul Krugman.
    I'm sure his name would be on the list, but I don't know if he would accept the appointment.

So he can dismantle various states and sell them to china and give the profits to a rich few and call it economic success? No thanks. He's an economic vulture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    So he can dismantle various states and sell them to china and give the profits to a rich few and call it economic success? No thanks. He's an economic vulture.
    We can sell Texas back to Mexico!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The 'Secretary of Business' should be well respected economist, highly educated and neutral in politics.
    Gz on the selection and go Obama ;D
    Last edited by Tahsou; 2012-11-07 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be a good way to get the House to be more cooperative over the next four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It might be a good way to get the House to be more cooperative over the next four years.
    Again, Romney has little to no influence left amongst the House republicans after this election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Bill Stein. Period.
    The retired baseball player?

Lol no, i think that would be a BAD idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Sorry but no. Would have been 100 steps backwards if Romney got elected... further involvement would be terrible. Never mind his supportive stance on Israel...

Republicans...hurting business... alright sure.

Romney is a fucking hedgefund manager who makes money off of what is basically gambling and was illegal for a large part of the last century when the financial sector was much more stable. WHY THE FUCK would you want some random guy like him leading anything? Are you mad? Have you got yourself checked?

Okay Obama is sold out to Wall Street and he'll never defend workers, teachers, etc, but Romney is even worse than Bush, he's not jsut sold out, he's a mad fascist with racist and misogynistic overtones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Republicans...hurting business... alright sure.
    You forgot a word. That word is 'small'. Republican policies promote large corporations and large corporations do everything in their power to destroy smaller competitors. Welcome to free market capitalism.

WoW. People still believe in the "free market" on the interwebz?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait..., Secretary of Business?It sounds like we are just making up job titles now. I think Secretary of Economy sounds a lot better and more governmenty.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You forgot a word. That word is 'small'. Republican policies promote large corporations and large corporations do everything in their power to destroy smaller competitors. Welcome to free market capitalism.
    They allow corporations to be as efficient as possible. Small businesses will continue to serve their purpose regardless of republican policies.