Preparing for Pandaria, a Few ?'s

So I've been spending my WoW time leveling new toons, because I'm not going to pay the really high prices for transfering, and my priest is going to ding 85 today. And I will probably get MoP in the next couple of weeks funds permitting.

So I have a few questions on priorities for some things.

The first is gold. Is saving up for a Darkmoon trinket going to be worth it, considering we will be getting terrace fairly soon? I know I probably won't have the gear to run it right away, but I'm fairly free on time, so I will be getting as much gear as possible as quickly as possible, and I've read that the darkmoon cards aren't going to be best in slot for the whole expansion like they were last tier.

If so, which one? I can figure out which ones are the DPS and the Healer, but my real question I guess, is are we getting enough spirit from gear to warrant getting a DPS one instead of a healer one. I'm Holy main spec, but like to evenly gear two specs as much as possible, and if it's possible to get enough spirit from gear that I don't need to get the healer one and can instead get a DPS one it would be really helpful.

How much gold did you get from leveling through to 90? Right now I only have ~4k, so I'm a bit away from getting a card no matter what. And since it's another month until the next fair, I'm wondering if perhaps my gold would be better spent to level my professions a bit faster then it would be to grind out the mats.

Is rep like it was in Cata, where if you did the right zones you could get a head start on rep by doing the appropriate quests, or will I have to start fresh from friendly/neutral and it won't matter? Is there a Priest specific leveling guide out there to get the most efficiency out of leveling in terms of rep gained in the appropriate places?

Thanks for the answers. I feel like I have a pretty solid handle on my specs at the moment, so I'm not too worried about that, but I'm pretty far behind already, and want to figure out the best way to catch up ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Darkmoon Trinket will be outgeared, don't bother spending the gold. You will probably get Spirit.

2. I'm not really sure how much gold... I think it was around 5k? I don't really remember.

3. The Rep grind will start at 90, sorta. I mean, you will get Rep for the factions, but it won't be anything substantial, and the real grind will be doing the dailies. Pretty much start from Friendly.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the DMF trinket yet and don't plan on it unless prices come down. I suppose it will depend on how hardcorely you plan on raiding but I'm assuming you're not so I wouldn't waste the gold, especially with how little you have and how much you would need.

As for spirit on gear I've found that there is a lot more pure hit on cloth now then there was in Cata so I find myself more focused on the secondary stats that the piece gives me. Most all pieces have a hit version and a spirit version so you're free to choose based on what else it has.

You do get a fair amount of gold while leveling but I couldn't tell you specifically how much. Narna is probably close with the 5K estimate.

The only zone that really ramps you up with rep is Dread Wastes as almost every quest there gives you Klaxxi rep. Outside of that you need to wait until you ding 90 and start grinding dailies

Hm, okay thanks for the info.

I might possibly be getting it tomorrow, but we'll see, I wanted to max my professions before I got MoP, that way I had less to do to catch up when I hit 90, but we'll see. I spent 1k today to get enough silk to move onto mageweave, but I would have to spend probably another thousand or two just to get up to cata mats, so I'm not sure if that is a wise use of gold anymore. Might be better off to farm the mats.

Deleted
    Depends what u plan to do as endgame.

But the Darkmoon trinket @ normal geal lvl's is BiS tho this tier.
    This only changes when ur able to get ur hand on Hardmode Trinkets.

Next to that Terrace has a requirement that u need to have cleared HoS first.
    If u go with LFR trinkets than Darkmoon trinket will still be BiS for that ilvl of gearing as its overbudget for its gear lvl.

It has more int than some 489 trinkets, a spirit proc is better than an int proc (if it proc when u dont need to cast many heals an int proc will be wasted) i get 40% to 41% uptime of that buff. The proc average out around 1300 spirit i believe, now find a trinket with that much int (1157) and (~1300) spirit without being HM loot ?

Just keep ur eye's focussed on cheap cards, as ive seen cards go for below 2k gold (they got cheaper by alot) or trinket (27,5k atm my realm copared to the 80k it used to cost.).

So yea, just go for darkmoon trinket its really worth it, unless u got access to HM trinkets.

ps. u can also buy other cheap cards and spam /2 that u want to trade that card for a Crane version.
    Unless u find a nice guildy to make them for u, some people are nice enough to do that.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-11-07 at 12:46 PM.

After doing some healing today in holy, and having leveled through mostly dungeons to 85 as disc, I decided today that I won't be healing on my priest. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a healer, as I really like to heal. But I will be going Shadow with my priest. I hated shadow in Cata, found it really clunky, but I'm really loving the proc style of play that it offers now. So the trinket question is a bit moot.

I'll still be maining my priest, but just as shadow. I took a look at the decks today and they are fairly cheap, but still not in my price range at the moment. Going to keep saving through MoP though and see where I am at then. Hit another block in mat prices for my professions, but got up to netherweave on my tailoring, and about equal skill level with my enchanting.

I did have a mage I was leveling with a RaF that was going to be pretty equal in level, that is inscription, but unfortunately my friend live in NY, and has been MiA since Sandy (he's been on skype once, but not since) so that kinda took a dump on me as that was my plan for getting the cards, and now that I have to level a new healer class since I won't be healing on my Priest, I don't really want to level a Mage.

I'll have to wait and see if I'll be getting MoP sometime sooner then I thought or not I guess. I don't see myself getting caught up enough to do HC modes during this first tier. So I want to get the trinket (always been a big fan of trinkets haha) but not sure if it will be worth it or not, but saving gold is never really a bad thing to do in the end.

Thanks for the info guys. One more question.

I remember from the beta that you had a bit of flexability in terms of where you leveled, was there any particular zone that seemed to give more useful gear from quests? Or is this sort of a concept out the window with the new gear from quests mechanic that gives you gear from your spec? I've heard about this but haven't really heard too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    I remember from the beta that you had a bit of flexability in terms of where you leveled, was there any particular zone that seemed to give more useful gear from quests? Or is this sort of a concept out the window with the new gear from quests mechanic that gives you gear from your spec? I've heard about this but haven't really heard too much.
    Every quest will give you an option or two on the rewards, usually one with spirit and one without. I didn't really notice a big difference between zones and honestly the quest gear is just stop gaps in between getting gear from dungeons.

excuse me, dear fellow priests, I'm going to interrupt you with a small off-topic related question(totally offtopic).
    The reason I'm doing it here is just I don't really want to start a new topic for that.
    When you are queueing to LFR, any of them, as a DPS, do you have any chance to acquire spirit+haste/mastery/crit gear? I'm not pretty sure if the new system covers that. Maybe I should register as a DPS to cover these pieces...