Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Don't think he's welsh though?
    If he were, he wouldn't be saying laws prevent him from doing such.
    But he seems to want to do a lot of things, drugs, animals, other men, 10 women and food.

And I thought pie fucking died with American Pie. I guess the old melon heated in a microwave trick is still around yet frowned upon...?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Why does that sound so familiar?
    I don't care about history, that's for nerds and elitists and smart people. Just ban things now!!!!

MY question is, if you vacation in a state where it's legal, and partake, does that have any bearing on the drug test results you might get when you get home?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I'd like to play devil's advocate on individual states legalizing pot (though personally I support this being a state-issue).
    Would it mean that individual state should be able to ban alcohol?

From my knowledge Mormons and Muslims abstain from alcohol, so in a state with majority of either of them, it would be a possibility for such a ruling.

This is more of a theoretical question, doesn't look like it would actually gain mass support in any state currently, but would you support state having the choice to outlaw all alcohol?

edit: sorry, meant for offtopic forum, could it be moved?
    County < State < Federal Government

If any follows below Government and its considered legal. As long as Government says otherwise. It is still illegal in the following state, that bodies the Government.

So you can be still arrested. Regardless.
    Evil is apart of all things, an essential energy of vile corruption. Evil manifests where Good thrives. You cannot have order without chaos. Nor, chaos without order.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/Con...140551076.html

there are still many parts of the US that actually DO ban alcohol, its totally possible for places to do it, because it has been done, so i don't understand the point of your thread
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Isnt there countys in the US that still ban alcohol to this very day which are called dry countys which is retarded cause people can just pop over county and state lines to stock up on booze

Bottom line is that banning anything is pointless if people want it badly enough in the first place they will get it so unless it seriously affects other people in a really bad way legalise it

IMHO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    MY question is, if you vacation in a state where it's legal, and partake, does that have any bearing on the drug test results you might get when you get home?
    No.

You're referring to a country where "we can fire you just because" is the law of the land in most states. AFAIK, most states with medical marijuana have no protection from firing even when it's legally prescribed.

Sure why not support letting states outlaw alcohol.

I would tell anyone wanting to outlaw alcohol that they're ignorant and should go read up on prohibition. We tried this already it didn't work.

I lived in a "Dry County" in Texas. Oddly enough it just made buying alcohol like buying weed...you went to a "Bootleggers" house and bought what you wanted. The only thing that was accomplished by it being a dry county was that there were no bars and you either had to know bootlegger or drive further to get some booze. I for one am glad they legalized weed in my state, and hope the Fed doesn't interfere with this. It will put some dealers out of business, put tax dollars in our states pockets, and save us money from police enforcement, court costs, and lower the amount of people in our jails. As far as making alcohil illegal...this is just another instance of someone forcing thier will on someone else. Get off your high horse and let people make thier own choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don't believe all drugs should be legal, just the ones with minimal risk. Weed, Alcohol and the like. cigarettes should be illegal when you compare it to weed..
    Not saying we should try and outlaw alcohol, but really? you consider it a drug with minimal risk? almost 11,000 people died last year from alcohol related car accidents alone....not including all the other people who die from alcohol poisoning, doing stupid things while drunk, etc. 0 people died directly as a result from marijuana. Only a few hundred from Cocaine use. I guarantee a guy on cocaine could operate a vehicle better than a drunk guy. Tobacco related deaths are the only ones higher than Alcohol, and I wouldn't consider either one a minimal risk drug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Not saying we should try and outlaw alcohol, but really? you consider it a drug with minimal risk? almost 11,000 people died last year from alcohol related car accidents alone....not including all the other people who die from alcohol poisoning, doing stupid things while drunk, etc. 0 people died directly as a result from marijuana. Only a few hundred from Cocaine use. I guarantee a guy on cocaine could operate a vehicle better than a drunk guy. Tobacco related deaths are the only ones higher than Alcohol, and I wouldn't consider either one a minimal risk drug.
    Sad but true. I still wouldn't put cocaine as safer than alcohol, it's just that it holds a more of a fear effect than alcohol, making its users more aware of the dangers.

#1 government should not hold the authority to ban the consumption of anything.
    #2 State governments reserve the right to ban the "sale" of any product they deem inappropriate (with support of the popular vote)
    #3 An employer can not legally make employment decisions based on an employee's drug use unless said employee is found to be under the effect of said drug at work due to potential safety concerns in some lines of work.

To be honest I would like to leave the employment decisions up to the employer but I think their needs to be a good 10-15 year period where employers are forced to realize that most fears they have about employing drug users are completely unfounded in the majority of cases.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-11-07 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was tried back in the 1920s with Prohibition, it didn't go over to well and was a boon to organized crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I'd like to play devil's advocate on individual states legalizing pot (though personally I support this being a state-issue).
    Would it mean that individual state should be able to ban alcohol?

From my knowledge Mormons and Muslims abstain from alcohol, so in a state with majority of either of them, it would be a possibility for such a ruling.

This is more of a theoretical question, doesn't look like it would actually gain mass support in any state currently, but would you support state having the choice to outlaw all alcohol?

edit: sorry, meant for offtopic forum, could it be moved?
    There are still dry counties so yes, I'm pretty sure the state has a right to ban alcohol.

Here in Alabama they are pretty strict about their alcohol lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    What? I didn't see much there that made any sense in reply to what he said
    He's talking about the fact there are some states wanting to legalize pot, and so, if they can legalize it, can other states ban things such as alcohol, i think it's a perfectly reasonable question, It's not "his logic" it's the way it's working out, Different states have different laws, if you didn't know that already then you need to start reading, fast

Ok, according to the news, a couple states have actually legalized marijuana? damn, didn't see that happening, Bu ti guess there is still alot of red tape to go and stuff untill it actually gets sold
    I know in Holland where they banned it from being sold to tourists, have now gona back and said that they can, i gues they realized why everyone goes to holland lol, Sex and drugs ofc

I think both prostitution and Marijuana should be legal everywhere, they are things that are not very harmful, (pot ok you can say, but nothing compared to alcohol) And it would bring in more money for the goverment, less money for illegal purposes and more safety to those selling themselves
    no , what i ment was. if the states of america are going to have all different rules anyway ( and i don't mean little stuff. ) i mean big stuff, like legalized cocain in new york but illigal in california ? why not make it 51 countrys ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    No one has the right to tell me what I can smoke, eat or sex.
    Constitutionally, you are incorrect. The tenth amendment grants states very broad power.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I think both prostitution and Marijuana should be legal everywhere, they are things that are not very harmful, (pot ok you can say, but nothing compared to alcohol) And it would bring in more money for the goverment, less money for illegal purposes and more safety to those selling themselves
    Prostitution is bad when it happens through trafficking, which it often does. Remove that and I'd be cool with it too, except maybe for the safety of the prostitutes, we need pimp police.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne