Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Need a new mouse!

Hey all as the title says, I need a new mouse! (I swear i didn't break it running into bm/warrior comps all night!)

but all jokes aside. I'm very newbish when it comes to mouses. This will be my first actual gaming mouse (used cheapies since the dawn of time, and AOL)

What i need from the mouse.

Right handed.
    Scroll wheel (preferable the clicking scroll wheel that makes scrolling on webpages better)
    Has to be durable (As in it can with stand a lot of clicks!, I play a lot of diablo and it takes it toll on my mice)
    Wireless is fine (If the sensor is good and can go through wood)
    Wired is also fine
    It needs to be medium to big size (those tiny mice that barely fit the tips of your fingers on drive me nuts)
    Has to have atleast 2 extra buttons on the side (More is welcome if they aren't terribly cluttered and easy to push w/o finger fatigue)
    My budget is around 40$-80$ (Willing to wait for cyber monday sales)
    Glow is a bonus but not required (If it does have a glow it has to be Blue/Green)

So Anyone got recommendations? If you do lemme know how long have you had it, and if you can a link to a site for it!

Thanks! (If this is in the wrong place or I missed a thread about mouses I apologize in advanced, i used search but yielded nothing)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    alot of people hate on razer but nothing has as die-hard mmo-ers as the razer naga. i would never play without it again and im probably getting a second one to use as a portable one for my laptop this holiday season.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    alot of people hate on razer but nothing has as die-hard mmo-ers as the razer naga. i would never play without it again and im probably getting a second one to use as a portable one for my laptop this holiday season.
    Thanks for the reply, i have been looking at razer mice today aswell. Though i'm sure i'm sold on them yet. How long does it take them to ship and are they known for cyber monday/black friday sales
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well i doubt they would have too many deals straight through the company(as with most manufacturers) but newegg almost always has razer mice available for cyber monday or just regular sales. i got my naga for 50$ from best buy last december, quite the steal if you ask me.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    well i doubt they would have too many deals straight through the company(as with most manufacturers) but newegg almost always has razer mice available for cyber monday or just regular sales. i got my naga for 50$ from best buy last december, quite the steal if you ask me.
    That is a good deal. Thanks for the info! I think im going to go with a razer naga. However i'm still open to suggestions

Deleted
    Well, I know it's over you buget, but I can say that Cyborg Rat i7 gaming mouse, is just awesome. You can ajust the size, the handrest, and you can just comstumize it!

It's 100$ in US :/ But It's the best mouse I've ever had. http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Niuxe View Post
    Well, I know it's over you buget, but I can say that Cyborg Rat i7 gaming mouse, is just awesome. You can ajust the size, the handrest, and you can just comstumize it!

It's 100$ in US :/ But It's the best mouse I've ever had. http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

Good luck
    Holy cow. Its a transformer! That is wicked cool, but might be a little too much advanced for me. Though I do like the the changable side.

The Naga is certainly a very good choice for WoW and possibly other MMOs, however I just migrated to a Zowie AM2, and a Zowie Keyboard, the touch of the mouse and the way it caresses my hand is certainly very intriguing, even though it is ambidextrous (AM means Ambidextrous)
    I can wholeheartedly recommend Zowie, the keyboard is also exceptionally good but it was expensive as all hell.
    To make a long story short: if you play a lot of other games the Naga may not be your best choice. I can recommend Zowie AM2 (although it's logo glows red)
    you can also go to Logitech they make good mice, some exceptional some just OK-ish, but the MX518 might be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayman View Post
    The Naga is certainly a very good choice for WoW and possibly other MMOs, however I just migrated to a Zowie AM2, and a Zowie Keyboard, the touch of the mouse and the way it caresses my hand is certainly very intriguing, even though it is ambidextrous (AM means Ambidextrous)
    I can wholeheartedly recommend Zowie, the keyboard is also exceptionally good but it was expensive as all hell.
    To make a long story short: if you play a lot of other games the Naga may not be your best choice. I can recommend Zowie AM2 (although it's logo glows red)
    you can also go to Logitech they make good mice, some exceptional some just OK-ish, but the MX518 might be for you.
    That one looks good.

I think im going to go with the naga or Zowie, Thanks for all your guys help!

It would be a lot better if you could lay hands on the naga before buying it. I've heard from a lot of people that they can't comfortable reach more than the first 6 buttons. Personally I can comfortably reach buttons 1 through 11, but it really depends on the shape of your hand.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-sensei Is my first real gaming mouse, I'm pretty happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you go Naga, you'll never go back.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Once you go Naga, you'll never go back.
    you turn back the moment you stop playing a mmo

Check Logitech G400. It's the best gaming mouse I've ever had in my hands. Excellent sensor, extremely comfortable, very good macro software, right handed and has 2 side buttons. Also it's very durable as outside the sensor it's the very same mouse as old good MX518. There is one more thing - it'll cost you 30-40$.

If you play MMO games alot then Razer Naga would be your best option.

I bought a Roccat Kone about 2 years ago and I've never turned back, It's big, it's comfortable in my hand, it's very durable and it comes with a couple of weights to make it as light or heavy as you want. The only downside is the scrolling wheel can occasionally bug out, but Roccat has released additional drivers you can install as soon as this starts to occur.

I personally really dislike the naga and this is one of the very few options that still met my harsh requirements for the optimal mouse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    I'm very newbish when it comes to mouses. This will be my first actual gaming mouse (used cheapies since the dawn of time, and AOL)
    Honestly, don't waste your money on the "gaming" mice. I've owned Logitech, Razer and R.A.T. mice and they're all over priced garbage. Just find one of the generic cheap ones that fits your hand well.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post13403306
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-especially%29

I would recommend:
    Logitech G400
    Zowie Gear AM
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Mionix Naos 5000

Out of the above, the G400 is probably the best performer, followed by the Sensei and Naos 5000. The Zowie AM has some very slight lift-off issues. Speaking ergonomically for palm grip, the Naos 5000 is the best but it all depends on hand size.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Out of the above, the G400 is probably the best performer, followed by the Sensei and Naos 5000. The Zowie AM has some very slight lift-off issues. Speaking ergonomically for palm grip, the Naos 5000 is the best but it all depends on hand size.
    The G400 shape is great for palm grip, but crap for fingertip/claw.

Deleted
    Personally I wouldn't touch those privacy intruding Razer mice with a ten-foot-pole:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1319323/r...rvers-are-down

If you're fine with a data collecting mouse driver including always-on-DRM that might disrupt usability should their server go down, they'd sure love to have you as customer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post13403306
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-especially%29

I would recommend:
    Logitech G400
    Zowie Gear AM
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Mionix Naos 5000

Sorry i missed your threads about Peripheral's! Lots of good stuff in there. I have decided to go with the Sensei.

Thanks for everyone! =D