Blade Lord Ta'Yak final phase

Hello MMO-C,

I have a quick question regarding this boss. My guild does very well in the first phase. However, when we get him to 20% and he starts his final phase, what exactly should we be doing besides running from one end to the other end where the boss is.

So, once he gets to 20%, he starts his animation. All players get picked up by tornadoes and are dragged to the end of the hall. During this time, we take damage from the constant aoe dmg. Problems seems to be the heals going out while everyone is trying to make it to the other side. Should we all just stay put for about 5 seconds for the healers to top everyone off before moving?

By the time people reach the boss, most players are around 30% health and people start dying shortly after.

Make sure everyone is near 100% hp before pushing him to phase, if you have to slow dps do so. You can use personal 1m CD's the second before he phases, so you take less damage. Once you reach the platform, stay put top everyone up, then move as a group so healing is easier when you are moving, if people starting sprinting/rocket boots and get there before everyone they will end up dying. Once you reach the platform with boss use aoe heal and raid walls. Btw when running, you can't attack so everyone can use CD's/absorb/Candies and one the platform use shit like AMZ/Devo/Tranq/Sprit Link totem don't waste then by overlapping as you need to do this twice.

Are you 3 healing it ? I am assuming you are doing it in 10m, if yes what class ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maynards View Post
    Make sure everyone is near 100% hp before pushing him to phase, if you have to slow dps do so. You can use personal 1m CD's the second before he phases, so you take less damage. Once you reach the platform, stay put top everyone up, then move as a group so healing is easier when you are moving, if people starting sprinting/rocket boots and get there before everyone they will end up dying. Once you reach the platform with boss use aoe heal and raid walls. Btw when running, you can't attack so everyone can use CD's/absorb/Candies and one the platform use shit like AMZ/Devo/Tranq/Sprit Link totem don't waste then by overlapping as you need to do this twice.

Are you 3 healing it ? I am assuming you are doing it in 10m, if yes what class ?
    Yes 3 healing the fight with a hpal, rsham and rdruid. I guess we just have to get comfortable with the fight.

We found it best to heal everyone to 100%, run, and have our resto druid symbo(from a resto sham) tranq while running. Also, for us it was best to at about 12% heal everyone to 100% again and literally just run with the wind back(that's supposed to push you back if you're running against it) to the other side to get there super fast. With that strat when we ran back at the 12% mark we had 7-8 people with almost 80-90% hp and it wasn't rough on the healers at all. Best of luck!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to say we 3 healed it and had 2 people stay to push him to the 10%. No all dps is needed to burn that last 10%. BUT, if the two dps get there to help then it's fine.

Right the idea where you get the boss to 11 - 12% and 7 or so people ride the tornadoes back is exactly what you will need to do in heroic most likely.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We actually 2 healed it because we were getting to the final phase, but he had way to many stacks of intensity that the healing required while we ran was to much. Once we switched to 2 heals we basically 2 shot the boss. While you will be able to get it down with 3, you need to watch how many stacks the boss has otherwise it's going to be harder to heal. You want to aim for as little as possible stacks going into phase 2, I think on our kill we only had an extra 20-25% damage from his stacks opposed to the 40% we had 3 healing it.

Does anyone know what Graphics settings are required to show the red circles on the tornado phase?

I see them but 3 or so of my raid complains they have never seen them and have no idea what im talking about.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    most likely just needs projected textures turned on