Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why don't people like Baine?

He's strong, honourable and in tune with the earth and the spirits (without being a Shaman or Druid, himself) and he's level headed. He's not a pacifist and is certainly prepared to take action against the Alliance to keep his people comfortable (as the Tauren do have a rightful claim to the Midlands of Kalimdor and some of the contested NElf territory) but he's more focused on other threats rather than blindly blaming the Alliance for everything.

He's so stoic and handsome (by Tauren standards) he's wise beyond his years and has his father's honour to uphold and unlike smelly Garrosh, his father actually lived a proud and honourable life and died dishonourably (not like Grom, who was weak and died cleaning up his own mess). He's a leader who stands for unity; both of the Tauren tribes and the Horde peoples.

I know he's new but he is probably my favourite Horde leader at the moment. Vol'jin is in my bad books for rolling over and taking it whilst Garrosh slipped it in. Baine, at least, tried to speak against the false Warchief.

Discuss?

Was Expecting a Batman thread, I am Dissapointment

Vol'jin 'rolled over' and just accepted Garrosh? Then what about that pretty famous quote where he threatened to kill Garrosh?

I also haven't really seen anything negative said towards Baine. Where are these comments? Oo;

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Vol'jin 'rolled over' and just accepted Garrosh? Then what about that pretty famous quote where he threatened to kill Garrosh?
    The one he took back?

Deleted
    Why is everyone making their own "why do/dont people like x" thread.

OT: To me Baine will always be that guy who got captured by harpies. Seriously though I actually like him, so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewind View Post
    Same
    /10char
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    OT: To me Baine will always be that guy who got captured by harpies. Seriously though I actually like him, so I don't know.
    And kidnapped by centaurs, dont forget that one.

Unless its the same thing and you just got confused.

My next thread is gonna be ''Why don't people like Arthas?''.

I don't mind Baine, but I would've liked to see more of Cairne in WoW, he pretty much did nothing for 3 expansions

Baine for warchief.

Deleted
    It's Bane u moron xD
    *I am disappointed

Mod Edit: Infracted, keep it civil.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-11-07 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And kidnapped by centaurs, dont forget that one.

Unless its the same thing and you just got confused.
    Maybe. Thought it was harpies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Go play Skyrim and find a "Witch." They are the Elder Scrolls equivalent to a Harpy. Imagine getting kidnapped by a flock of those ugly things.

Wait, no i don't know if they are called witches or just that one group is called the Glenmoril Witches, hmm. Either way, ES series has had them and called them Harpies in the past too and they are ugly creatures.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-11-07 at 03:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its a general dislike of Baine, he's just well, not Cairne. Cairne would have been the immediate choice for warchief once we displace Garosh.

But Cairne got killed, and Baine IMO isn't proven, people havent connected to him . . .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    and Baine IMO isn't proven, people havent connected to him . . .
    Who knows, maybe his story will develop enough in MoP so that he is worthy of being Cairne/a Warchief.

It isn't necessarily that people don't like him, it's that many people don't know of him. Blizzard hasn't done much with him or his father over the years, which imo is sad cause I like them both. I'm hoping we see more of him to come since it looks like we will be seeing a lot from the faction leaders in the upcoming patches.

People don't like Baine because he's not Cairne.

I was expecting a Romney thread.

On topic: I for one like Baine. Baine Bloodhoof that is.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    i loved him in batman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Go play Skyrim and find a "Witch." They are the Elder Scrolls equivalent to a Harpy. Imagine getting kidnapped by a flock of those ugly things.

Wait, no i don't know if they are called witches or just that one group is called the Glenmoril Witches, hmm. Either way, ES series has had them and called them Harpies in the past too and they are ugly creatures.
    Well in WoW harpies are pretty weak. When was the last time we've seen a harpy boss?

Deleted
    Whilst Baine is my favourite Horde leader at this point, he can come across as Caine 2.0. It would have basically led to the same effect as Cairne having fallen into a Pool of Eternal Youth and gone back about sixty-seventy years. They're essentially the same character in name as well, plus personality.

His personality is the one of the Horde leader's that hasn't gone back and forth and been contradicted constantly:
    Vol'jin went from threatening to kill Garrosh to being his lapdog bitch who bends over at the drop of a hat in Tides of War.
    Slyvanas went from a arguably black/grey character who hated undeath and in a weird way cared for her people to a Saturday morning cartoon villain of pure evil.
    Garrosh bounced from emo, to douchebag, to douchebag who learnt about honour and never forsaking it to dropping nukes on cities full of civilians and generally being a huge dick.
    Lor'themar... uhm... remind me who that is again?

Baine never really changed. Maybe that's because his whole plot arc has revolved around Garrosh (before he was just "That guy who is Carine's son). Although I will say I have never actually seen any "dislike" towards him.
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-11-07 at 04:21 PM.