Deleted

Help with hit rating.

I've recently picked up wow again after having a break since WotLK. I'm having an issue with my hit rating on my mage. I currently have 2.586 hit rating, and when I mouseover "hit rating" in my stats panel it says I have 0% chance to miss on lvl 93/skulll (bosses). However, im reading on diffrent sites that you need 5100 hit rating (5100). Why is this the case? Back in WotLK, the mouse over info was correct. If you had 0% chance to miss on 93/skull you were hit capped.

Also, I have heard that expertise increases hit for mages now a days aswell. Beacuse of this I added an cogwheel to my head giving me 600 expertise. This, however, does not affect my hit chance percentage, only my expertise %. When I mouse over expertise it says that it only affects dodge and parry, not spells. Am I supposed to + this % of hit and & expertise to calculate my current hit ratio, or is my hit % supposed to add up when I add expertise to my gear?

Thanks for all the help.

I'd bet you're looking at something wrong...armory link would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    expertese for casters = hit. If you take the cog out you will see spell hit go down. you need to aim where hit % for boss/93 = 0% which is 15%. (at least it is the case for warlocks so I see no reason why mages would be lower)

yup, you're way below hit cap. it's 15% (5100 rating). I'd bet you were looking at the melee section instead of the spell section. Melee hit cap is only 7.5%
    Also, the spell section of the stats panel doesn't show expertise, it's just added into your spell hit.

Deleted
    Are you sure that you look at spell hit rating? Because when you look at melee hit rating you need 7% cca 2500 rating (I'm not sure, but certainly it is a lower number than for spells)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    yup, you're way below hit cap. it's 15% (5100 rating). I'd bet you were looking at the melee section instead of the spell section. Melee hit cap is only 7.5%
    Also, the spell section of the stats panel doesn't show expertise, it's just added into your spell hit.
    OMG yes. I was watching the melee section! haha what a silly mistake. Thanks for enlightening me. Then everything is in order.

This thread may be closed