Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    TBH they are humans after all and all humans are destined to go to hell so slyvanas gives them a second chance by resurrecting them and letting them be on the winning side

/tongue squarely in cheek
    actually if the sylvanas shortstory is to be believed, its the other way around
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually if the sylvanas shortstory is to be believed, its the other way around
    Who knows how the so called "paradise" looks. Maybe void is better. Although I prefer immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Who knows how the so called "paradise" looks. Maybe void is better. Although I prefer immortality.
    we know one thing, when someone becomes undead they are cutoff from the afterlife so when they die they get tortured for all eternity O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Varian Wrynn. I hope he kicks the shit out of Garrosh in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about his face in-game, really makes me want to punch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never call Varian a character i enjoy in the lore, although I have started to gain some respect for him now he's getting his shit together.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we know one thing, when someone becomes undead they are cutoff from the afterlife so when they die they get tortured for all eternity O-O
    It makes for an intresting concept with the forsaken. A forsaken, unlike most undead, have free will and can make there own choices. They can also learn how if they die (again) they will be subjected to eternal torture. Would this be avoidable if they atoned for things, if they showed they were capable of good acts and so be given a chance once they die? This is a fantasy roleplay adventure lets not forget that.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It makes for an intresting concept with the forsaken. A forsaken, unlike most undead, have free will and can make there own choices. They can also learn how if they die (again) they will be subjected to eternal torture. Would this be avoidable if they atoned for things, if they showed they were capable of good acts and so be given a chance once they die?
    Do we know though that this void in the afterlife applies to all Undead or just Sylvanas though?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

It makes for an intresting concept with the forsaken. A forsaken, unlike most undead, have free will and can make there own choices. They can also learn how if they die (again) they will be subjected to eternal torture. Would this be avoidable if they atoned for things, if they showed they were capable of good acts and so be given a chance once they die? This is a fantasy roleplay adventure lets not forget that.
    You assume that morals have any value after death. That Dark place Sylvanas went to, has never been clarified, and it could be for everyone, or just those who's souls were tied to Necromancy.
    The whole Paradise thing, could also only be a Naru thing aswell. Doesnt mean a good person goes to paradise. I like to think, the Naru are powerful enough that they have their own afterlife program if you sign up with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    TBH they are humans after all and all humans are destined to go to hell so slyvanas gives them a second chance by resurrecting them and letting them be on the winning side

/tongue squarely in cheek
    All humans are destined to go to hell? Is there even a hell in WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    All humans are destined to go to hell? Is there even a hell in WoW?
    Possibly.
    Followers of the Light usually make reference to an afterlife paradise such as A'dal "In life, Bridenbrad was the bearer of great deeds. Now, in passing, he shall taste only paradise.".
    So it may also be safe to say there's a hell as that is possibly where Sylvanas and Arthas wound up, although only we know it as is a place of torment in the Afterlife and not specifically as Hell.

It's a very hit and miss topic in WoW because it almost appears as if every race her their own version of in which they ascend their via different faiths and acts such as the Tauren, Orcs or Trolls not following the Light and yet speak to their ancestors who aren't in a world of torment. The topic itself has seen numerous retcons over time to the point where the faith in the Holy Light is more of a philosophy than religious.

I don't really think it's a topic that will ever be expanded upon WoW, and nor should it. It's very hit and miss and has never been something WoW was about anyway.

The dude was just joking about Humans going hell (or he's being a fool....).
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-11 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Possibly.
    Followers of the Light usually make reference to an afterlife paradise such as A'dal "In life, Bridenbrad was the bearer of great deeds. Now, in passing, he shall taste only paradise.".
    So it may also be safe to say there's a hell as that is possibly where Sylvanas and Arthas wound up, although only we know it as is a place of torment in the Afterlife and not specifically as Hell.

It's a very hit and miss topic in WoW because it almost appears as if every race her their own version of in which they ascend their via different faiths and acts such as the Tauren, Orcs or Trolls not following the Light and yet speak to their ancestors who aren't in a world of torment. The topic itself has seen numerous retcons over time to the point where the faith in the Holy Light is more of a philosophy than religious.

I don't really think it's a topic that will ever be expanded upon WoW, and nor should it. It's very hit and miss and has never been something WoW was about anyway.

The dude was just joking about Humans going hell (or he's being a fool....).
    Yeah but is it something that really exists in the WoW universe or do people just believe it exists, like in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but is it something that really exists in the WoW universe or do people just believe it exists, like in real life.
    Sylvanas going to a void is evidence that there is something. Also as mentioned the Naaru of whom have a huge affinity for the Light mention an afterlife.
    So yes there is most likely something in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Sylvanas going to a void is evidence that there is something. Also as mentioned the Naaru of whom have a huge affinity for the Light mention an afterlife.
    So yes there is most likely something in WoW.
    Afterlife and void I understand, but does afterlife necessarily mean heaven and hell, as in good people go to paradise, bad people burn in hell. I always found that concept to be something only humans could possibly make up, as it seems such a black and white thing.

He is my favourite character. I think he is one of the most "believeable" character in WoW. He has emotions and are capable of doing what real people will do if they get treated like him. His character has developed a lot. I don't really care that he thrashtalked Thrall and charged at him because I never like Thrall in the first place and Varian had absolutely no reason to respect Thrall and his orcs. His father got his heart cut off before Varian's own eyes by the orc. His kingdom was destryoed by orcs. Lothar, the man who he respected the most was killed by Doomhammer. Bolvar was killed by Forsaken which is part of the horde eventhough the group that did was not real forsaken. If all of that happened to me I swear that if I met their warchief I will charge in and try to cut his head off too.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-11-12 at 04:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I can't agree with that, sorry. I'd put it as one of the most powerful, most humanizing moments in the history of WoW. (That's excluding the RTS games)
    It was just so artifical. As if there was an audience sitting just below that balcony and a red sign, like in those TV shows, saying "applaud" or "shed tears".

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I don't like him because he's arrogant & hasn't earned my respect as an Ally.

He was captured by Van Cleef for like ever and Andiun / Bolvar / Onyxia were leading Stormwind. Then he comes back and is like "oh I'm a badass and I'm in charge" but he hasn't done ANYTHING whatsoever to make me like or respect him. The most he's done is get angry at Thrall & Garrosh and be hot-headed about politics. He needs to just be a war general and not our king; Jaina would be a much better leader until Anduin is ready (hopefully he survives the next patch).
    I agree with everything in this post. I was kinda hoping instead of making her leader of the Kirin Tor or whatever they're doing they'd make her seize leadership of the alliance and lead them into battle against the horde after Theramore and solidify herself as leader, at least for the time being. But no...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ulduar Trailer is the reason why.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    The Ulduar Trailer is the reason why.
    That's a pretty stupid reason.

Deleted
    That's a pretty stupid reason.
    Its a pretty good reason given how much of a dick Varian was in that trailer.

Personally I'd say his speech in battle for Undercity was good enough reason to hate him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Its a pretty good reason given how much of a dick Varian was in that trailer.

Personally I'd say his speech in battle for Undercity was good enough reason to hate him.
    He was not a dick at all. Not in the Ulduar trailer and not in the Undercity battle. His reaction made perfect sense.