View Poll Results: Will World of Warcraft subscribers go under 10 million this quarter or stay above?

Voters
395. This poll is closed
  • It will stay above 10 million.

245 62.03%
  • It will go under 10 million.

150 37.97%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    WHowever it's simply a non starter for discussion when people try and compare the rep grind in mists to TBC. It's simply not true and the ignorance on the large part of the community is so vast in this it's stunning. Even if it was true then it's simple foolish that the developers would turn back to this. It's not 6 years ago. The game moved on and progressed on. It should have kept doing that.
    It's foolish that the devs returned to THE grind, after saying they don't want players to return to it.

The comparisons are there because it mimics that grind. Closest it got to TBC grinding in Cata was Molten Front and/or Avengers of Hyjal (which required downing raid bosses after revered...I refused to go back in after the nerf, too). I hated Molten Front but did it to level the guild so it had a purpose beyond the outdated gear. MoP they associated much more to the grind, which is there only as a means to gate players from eating through content. THAT is probably where the most disgust lies as it comes off so artificial.

There's better means to gate content instead of grinding, but for whatever reason Blizzard doesn't/hasn't implemented it into the game (like the HQs and/or Signature quests EQ2 has -- yes they're harder to produce, but the rewards are worth it, and 10x less grinding in that regard. Only one HQ I did required a grind, but that is better than all these reps in WoW to grind for gear that is worthless quick. How many grind Aldor/Scryers for the enchantments or tradeskill recipes these days, too? Few).

Put that money to good use on content that has better rewards regardless of expansion.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Considering that the expansion just came out, I'm not surprised that they're at 10 million again. In all honesty though, that's not a lot of players rejoining compared to other expansions. Q1 will be the real test though. Q4 will be a slight predictor, but the holidays may skew those numbers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Considering that the expansion just came out, I'm not surprised that they're at 10 million again. In all honesty though, that's not a lot of players rejoining compared to other expansions. Q1 will be the real test though. Q4 will be a slight predictor, but the holidays may skew those numbers as well.
    Everyone wants to keep pushing back the goal posts. Everyone said that the Q3 call would tell because that's after the annual passes started to run out. Now they say Q4 and you're even pushing it back to Q1. Why don't we just say Q4 of next year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's foolish that the devs returned to THE grind, after saying they don't want players to return to it.

The comparisons are there because it mimics that grind. Closest it got to TBC grinding in Cata was Molten Front and/or Avengers of Hyjal (which required downing raid bosses after revered...I refused to go back in after the nerf, too). I hated Molten Front but did it to level the guild so it had a purpose beyond the outdated gear. MoP they associated much more to the grind, which is there only as a means to gate players from eating through content. THAT is probably where the most disgust lies as it comes off so artificial.

There's better means to gate content instead of grinding, but for whatever reason Blizzard doesn't/hasn't implemented it into the game (like the HQs and/or Signature quests EQ2 has -- yes they're harder to produce, but the rewards are worth it, and 10x less grinding in that regard. Only one HQ I did required a grind, but that is better than all these reps in WoW to grind for gear that is worthless quick. How many grind Aldor/Scryers for the enchantments or tradeskill recipes these days, too? Few).

Put that money to good use on content that has better rewards regardless of expansion.
    It doesn't mimic it though. I did the revered reputation grind for heroic keys in TBC on three toons. It was a PLEASURE compared to mists because even though it may have taken more time, the fact is that the majority of that time I was also getting gear from the dungeons. The rep grind was tied to getting gear so it ended making both activities super rewarding. I was constantly having reward thrown my way. Either through getting gear in the dungeon or getting rep in the dungeon. Now with mists I'm not, certainly not as much anymore. It really hid the "grind" of rep and made it as pain free as possible. Even scryers because I got turn ins for them in dungeons normal and heroic.

Having said that we can be fellow travellers in this discussion because even if they did mimic it (which would potentially be better) you would still be accurate in saying that it is a bad decision on their part. The game became a success by moving away from grind. By being more progressive than the other purist mmos who were stuck in outdated and outmoded models of doing things. Regressing back isn't the cure.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I don't know about him, but i am exalted with all daily factions except August. I am 18000/21000 with them will be done soon. I got the Klaxxi epic neck and ring as well since they are very well itemized unlike the MSV drops.

All in all i sat up will 2 am for 2 weeks to finish my dailies and felt like crap at work. I hated every second of the dailies, but they are mandatory.
    It only takes me a total of 2 hours to complete the dailies of War Factions.

Furthermore, I am working almost day and night nowadays making my sleep more precious for me than WoW, hence, I'm not really able to play except weekends but I have no problem at all since I know that I will eventually be there sitting at exalted with them somehow.

Your problem may be due to you forcing yourself to do them. If your problem is having to choose between a game due to monetary value I can understand your concern, however, other than that it might be better for you to stay away from the game for awhile(Granted that you will be going for august celestials and order for your alts) as long as this model persists.

It doesn't mimic it though. I did the revered reputation grind for heroic keys in TBC on three toons. It was a PLEASURE compared to mists because even though it may have taken more time, the fact is that the majority of that time I was also getting gear from the dungeons. The rep grind was tied to getting gear so it ended making both activities super rewarding. I was constantly having reward thrown my way. Either through getting gear in the dungeon or getting rep in the dungeon. Now with mists I'm not, certainly not as much anymore. It really hid the "grind" of rep and made it as pain free as possible. Even scryers because I got turn ins for them in dungeons normal and heroic.

Having said that we can be fellow travellers in this discussion because even if they did mimic it (which would potentially be better) you would still be accurate in saying that it is a bad decision on their part. The game became a success by moving away from grind. By being more progressive than the other purist mmos who were stuck in outdated and outmoded models of doing things. Regressing back isn't the cure.
    So you got your Hellfire Ring as well then?

Asking this question as it seems that you like the diablo model more than you like WoW's, aka you are perhaps a bit reward-addicted...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You "had" to go from Aldor to Scryer? No, you didn't, especially since it's out of date content. Those factions were designed as a difficult choice and switching between them wasn't supposed to be easy. Also, those factions were more required in TBC than the factions now are because of the Shoulder Enchants. There was no where else to get shoulder enchants and they were BoP so you couldn't get them from the AH from someone who doesn't mind a little "work".
    Who are you to judge what I needed or not? You are not judge or jury.

I switched professions to Enchanting and I never got the Scryers BS recipes either (which were more Holy paladin like), so you bet I did it so I could clear up my missing recipe book.

For YOU you didn't need to do it, I did. Those are end-game pieces for level 70 twinks or trial users, and I got enough requests for TBC gear TO go after all world drops and more.

So YOU don't know what you're talking about "need".
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post

So you got your Hellfire Ring as well then?

Asking this question as it seems that you like the diablo model more than you like WoW's, aka you are perhaps a bit reward-addicted...
    Oh shit no. The only thing less rewarding than mists is Diablo 3. I gave up after getting my barb to 60 and hitting the inferno wall. Fuck that. I could farm act 1 till my eyes bleed and the only thing i'd have to show for it was a pile of gold which sadly meant very little in an inflated economy.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Who are you to judge what I needed or not? You are not judge or jury.

I switched professions to Enchanting and I never got the Scryers BS recipes either (which were more Holy paladin like), so you bet I did it so I could clear up my missing recipe book.

For YOU you didn't need to do it, I did. Those are end-game pieces for level 70 twinks or trial users, and I got enough requests for TBC gear TO go after all world drops and more.

So YOU don't know what you're talking about "need".
    I'm not judge or jury but I can tell the difference between a want and a need. You didn't NEED to do that. You could have leveled an alt to do it so you wouldn't have to switch or you could have just not gotten it at all. You made the choice to do it because you saw profit in it. There wasn't anything requiring you to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't mimic it though. I did the revered reputation grind for heroic keys in TBC on three toons.
    In TBC.

Now do them again not in TBC.

See the difference?

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:48 AM ----------

I'm not judge or jury
    Then don't claim anyone that they don't need to do anything.

YOU don't need to do something, others will see that they do.

Learn the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    In TBC.

See the difference?
    The difference is that the rep grind isn't couched as part of the normal dungeon progression. It's been delinked. However even in TBC it was combined. The current way of doing things is UNIQUE to mists.
    The hammer comes down:

In TBC.

See the difference?

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:48 AM ----------

Then don't claim anyone that they don't need to do anything.

YOU don't need to do something, others will see that they do.

Learn the difference.
    You left the other part off. I can tell the difference between a want and a need. Why did you NEED to do those rep grinds? Oh right, you didn't. Learn the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    You left the other part off. I can tell the difference between a want and a need. Why did you NEED to do those rep grinds? Oh right, you didn't. Learn the difference.
    Your want is not my need and it's worthless.

Get it yet?

Deleted
    Q3 finishes at September 30 2012. Numbers will be heavilly pumbed by the new XPac sales.
    Since they anounced already that game was at 10,2 mil by the end of first week of MoP, most likely the number is anywhere between 10 and 10,1 million subs having in mind that only the first 3 days of MoP count as "Q3" and on the other hand, that most of those that wanted to return to wow for the XPac must have done it asap.

For the reference, MoP box sold 33k coppies between 13 and 20th of october according to Vcharts.

10+ Year Old Account

Get it yet?
    Don't fucking bother. People like the guy your quoting are actually in reality REALLY entitled. They have all the presumption in the universe to tell you how to play and what you need and what you don't because they feel entitled to have everything and only have their way of play rewarding. Theirs no sense in talking to people like him because their view is so narrow.
    The hammer comes down:

Get it yet?
    No because you don't make any sense. What do the rep grinds give you that you NEED? Do they allow you to raid end game content? Do they help you in your leveling? No they don't. They help you with an unsupported end game, yes twinking is not supported, and they help you make some money. Are these things needed? No. They're something that you chose to do.

You're also leaving out the part that you could have had an alt do the other rep so that you wouldn't have to.

YOU DON'T NEED TO GET BOTH REPS. Period. End of story.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 09:53 AM ----------

Don't fucking bother. People like the guy your quoting are actually in reality REALLY entitled. They have all the presumption in the universe to tell you how to play and what you need and what you don't because they feel entitled to have everything and only have their way of play rewarding. Theirs no sense in talking to people like him because their view is so narrow.
    lol what? I'm not entitled at all> If anything Kevyne is the entitled one.

I'm not telling him how to play at all. He can play anyway he wants to but I do have issue with his saying that he NEEDS to grind out two outdated reps on one character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    For the reference, MoP box sold 33k coppies between 13 and 20th of october according to Vcharts.
    True test of sustained subscriptions is after the release. It's the sustained subs that really count, as that's a population that shows interest in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:55 AM ----------

You're truly confused, truly. I never asked for something in a game for free. I never buy epics. And here you are spewing nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account

No you are absolutely entitled and have the entitlement mentality because you presume to tell him and others like him how they should play the game and what they need and they don't. I just can't wait for the changes to come to this game and come soon. The handful of you who will bitch and scream will reveal yourselves to be the true entitltement generation because you can brook no changes and accept nothing different because you have to have it your way. The rest of you will naturally just shift your positions along with Blizzards purely in line with the status quo.
    The hammer comes down:

No you are absolutely entitled and have the entitlement mentality because you presume to tell him and others like him how they should play the game and what they need and they don't. I just can't wait for the changes to come to this game and come soon. The handful of you who will bitch and scream will reveal yourselves to be the true entitltement generation because you can brook no changes and accept nothing different because you have to have it your way. The rest of you will naturally just shift your positions along with Blizzards purely in line with the status quo.
    That might be considered arrogance but not entitlement. You should probably go look up what that word means. People throw it around a lot so you probably think you do but if you think my telling someone how they should play (which I'm not really doing) is entitlement then you don't.

And by the rest of your quote there Kevyne is definitely the entitled one. I'm fine with the dailies now. I'm not bitching and screaming about anything. I'm not the one complaining about "Blizzard going back on their word" and crap like that. I'm shifting with the status quo.

Again, I just took issue with someone saying that they NEED to grind out two outdated reputations in the most difficult way possible. It's as much of a need as doing the Insane in the Membrane achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The pathetic thing is that blizzard counts people who do the trials... so if you did the MoP trial, but didn't buy, they count you towards that total... which is flat out stupid, mine ran out today and they'll still count me as a subscriber... Honestly, w/e the number is, I subtract atleast 200,000. I predict that it'll be close if not under 9 mil.
    They don't count trials, that is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you are absolutely entitled and have the entitlement mentality because you presume to tell him and others like him how they should play the game and what they need and they don't. I just can't wait for the changes to come to this game and come soon.
    Don't know what changes that may come, but if I didn't earn my epic gear I don't use it. I busted my butt to get everything I wear, on a server that is lucky to get content down before another patch or expansion...purely in PuGs and PuRs.

No one carried me. I never bought any title. I never AFKed in a BG. I never took short cuts, period. I tradeskill gems/enchants/gear/inscriptions, too. Believe in self-sufficiency.

That guy knows nothing.