View Poll Results: Will World of Warcraft subscribers go under 10 million this quarter or stay above?

Voters
395. This poll is closed
  • It will stay above 10 million.

245 62.03%
  • It will go under 10 million.

150 37.97%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is about the sub numbers, not what you like or don't like in the game (looking at you people fighting about freakin' dailies). Keep it on topic or I will close it.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-08 at 07:07 PM.

There's news on the frontpage about a kitten... yet nothing about the sub numbers ?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There's news on the frontpage about a kitten... yet nothing about the sub numbers ?
    That's because there really wasn't any news to report. The only thing they said about sub numbers was the exact same info we got shortly after MoP's release.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    That's because there really wasn't any news to report. The only thing they said about sub numbers was the exact same info we got shortly after MoP's release.
    But there is still some time in between no? Usually they come with something like Q3 has lost X ammount of subs or has gained X ammount of subs. Even if its nearly the same im surprised i don't see it at all!
    i was looking for it aswell but someone gave me a link of something i don't get

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Then why are you here, acting so immature?
    Why are you trying to act mature?

I expressed it as I see it. Too many hop on a bandwagon because it's faddish or want to be part of a group...especially kids.

The vanilla and TBC stuff is just one example. The other is Ulduar. If Ulduar was soooooo popular there would be more raid callouts for it than BT even now. Saw more wanting to do ICC for transmorg again than doing Ulduar for achieves.

Seeing is believing.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Your math is way way off, it's more like 200k total non-asia subs at max. And 59k of those 200k are second accounts of multiboxers. The advertisers who pay for an audience of 10 million actual people are getting screwed sideways. I hear there's a class action suit against Blizzard in the works due to this.
    And yet again it has to be pointed out paying accounts are paying accounts regardless of who they are, where they are from, why they pay, how much they pay or how many accounts they have. The shareholders don't give a fuck about this nonsense you people continually bring up EVERY god damn quarter.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    I like WoW, but still I want the subs to take a big hit.

Blizzard is best in the business but WoW being big all the time is not good for the market.

WoW needs to take a big hit, Titan needs to be brought forward and Valve needs to make an MMO.

That is for the best of all gamers out there.
    Want to know what isn't good for the market? Other companies continually copying Wow and refusing to innovate anything. Stop blaming Blizzard for this.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Your family finances are private. Activision-Blizzard is a publicly traded corporation, and it's finances are available for all to view. It's due to people investing their private monies into it, and their right to know where and when it's spent to make sure it's not wasted.

For gamers it's an interest to see if it's worth to invest their time+effort+money in an IP that will last. To play MoP many had to fork over a heck of a lot of money per account to play, unlike other MMOs (like EQ2) that have all-in-one expansions for one expansion price.

It's called being...responsible...with your time+effort+money.
    So are you going to complain when Rift charges for its expansion? Probably not because these other companies can do what they want but god forbid Blizzard try to make a profit. Here is a little hint for you since you seem unusually dense: Blizzard charges for expansions because people buy them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Repeating your signature is got old ages ago. Don't you have anything else to say except "unsub"?
    There is nothing else to say but unsub. If you aren't happy with the game Blizzard isn't going to change a god damn thing as long as you keep handing them money.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    They're going obviously good with a lot of stuff stil coming, gaining back 900k subs was more than I personally expected.
    And the haters are scrambling trying to come up with a way to spin that so it looks like the game is dying (again). It is pathetic.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    So you don't want to:
    1)Raid normal/heroic
    2)Run LFR
    3)Do dailies
    4)Do PVP

And somewhat expect to get the best gear possible... doing what, precisely? Spamming LFD?
    The people complaining about this nonsense just simply don't want to play the game anymore and for some reason expect Blizzard to make it a whole new different game just for them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:55 PM ----------

^^ This. ^^

We all want to play WoW for our own reasons. It's not "Let's kill off WoW!!!". It's that many of us liked playing WoW as it was, and like to return to how it was.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do know what I want, and have stated for years on the WoW forums and now here -- I want WotLK back, so I can enjoy playing my role again in an appropriate paladin-like setting.

It's not about buffs.

It's not about shinys.

It's about playing a game you want to love playing again!
    And what of those of us who enjoy the game as it is now? Does what we want matter or are we mindless fanboys because we like something you don't?

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    I like to imagine everyone on mmo-champion forums is banned from the official forums..if you criticize blizzard or dont kiss ass...bye bye
    Blizzard bans people who don't follow the forum code of conduct. If they banned people for being critical of them the forums would be empty.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 08:00 PM ----------

About what happens.

And we're banned for the silliest reasons too, as the games they play are often the bait/report ones. So what they're doing at the WoW forums is sabotaging the game, and if Blizzard is worried by nay-sayers getting a toe-hold in trying to destroy the game, they gave them the keys to do so...as rabid fanbois who see any disagreement as evil.

I'm never about killing WoW (Why? I love my Holy paladin to pieces!). Spent all that time suggesting means to improve gameplay. But it only takes upseting a few niche players who want it their way, and there you have it...banned. It's this rat like community that hurts WoW, in their selfishness they want only things for themselves, they can't/won't see the bigger picture...to improve WoW for MORE players to enjoy it. How/when/why that is to be debated, but the goal is a collective to IMPROVE the game.
    You were banned on the official forums for the same reasons you have been banned here. You post bullshit and when you get called out for it you post more bullshit. You have no interest in actual discussion and only want to get on your soapbox and tell us what we should and shouldn't like. It is unfortunate Blizzard delets post histories because if people saw the crap you did they wouldn't be terribly sympathetic to you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I just found it weird they basically used the same numbers as last time (Over 10 million subscribers and approx. 2.7 million copies sold first week). Why wouldn't they update both numbers especially the number of copies sold? Kind of comes off as well we didn't lie but we just didn't want to tell the whole truth either.
    Why on earth would they discuss Q4 numbers when that quarter isn't over yet? Stop with the spin doctoring. The meeting only covered Q3 and this is how every shareholder meeting has been done from the start.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Mike Morhaime was beating his chest that they are "happy more frequent content is being pushed"... but i'm not seeing it. No new raid in 5.1 and next tier will likely come with the next book around late April next year...

Dailies and the Brawler nonsense is not real content and they will figure that out when they hit 8 million subs in Q4.
    The expansion has been out for all of what? Six weeks? 5.1 is already on the ptr and should be out by the end of the year if not the end of this month. Also not all of the raids have been released or even completed. Blizzard said they wanted to get patches out every 2 months and alternate between regular content and raid patches. If 5.1 isn't out this year then you can claim Blizzard lied but we aren't even at the 2 month mark yet so just stop it already.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 08:07 PM ----------

Who are you to judge what I needed or not? You are not judge or jury.

I switched professions to Enchanting and I never got the Scryers BS recipes either (which were more Holy paladin like), so you bet I did it so I could clear up my missing recipe book.

For YOU you didn't need to do it, I did. Those are end-game pieces for level 70 twinks or trial users, and I got enough requests for TBC gear TO go after all world drops and more.

So YOU don't know what you're talking about "need".
    There is a significant difference between need and want and we have every right to point that out to you but as usual nothing can penetrate yoru thick skull.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-09 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard bans people who don't follow the forum code of conduct. If they banned people for being critical of them the forums would be empty.
    So why aren't you banned yet, Xanzul? I mean your posts there (and this post) are the very example of what folks are complaining about what's wrong at the WoW forums. Pure nastiness of replies. You can't tell us replies like this are fine by the forum code of conduct, because people are banned for less than what you dumped here.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just quit the shitty game instead of torturing yourselves?... I really don't get it.
    If you think Blizz are going to suddenly change their point of view (like how they think pvp is "fine" right now lmao) then you are sadly mistaken. Just let it go, I did and I'm still here, alive and well.

OT: I am almost positive numbers will go down. Pandaland was a horrible idea. Legion expansion is where it will drag everyone in. Even I, who has developed a hatred no human should have the capability of mustering towards this game, or rather the tyrant that controls it, would consider coming back for a legion xpac. But then I get reminded how Blizz ruins everything good and tell myself "No, don't get let down again. Just stay away."
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2012-11-09 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There really wasn't much in the way of news to begin with. Since the thread has degenerated largely into people discussing one another instead of the actual topic of the thread, I'm closing this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."