About ending my sub

I just canceled my sub. No real "wow is shit" just I can't be arsed to log on anymore. Anyway this isn't a rant thread.

I just want to make sure my credit card isn't charged come the next renew period. This being my first time using a card I have no idea. I went to the cansel tab and chose to use game cards now on. It says my account status is canceled so does that mean I won't be credited come the end of the time?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Why would they charge you if you canceled?

If you've changed your payment plan, it won't use your old information for subscription purposes. If you're really paranoid though, just go to your bank and explain to them that you do not wish for Blizzard to make any charges on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Why would they charge you if you canceled?
    Says it's a month recurring
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

If you hit cancel sub, it will show up cancelled. Once it hits the 30 day mark, it will be frozen. I've always been really off and on with WOW, so I usually would charge 1 month, then instantly cancel so in case I didnt want to play for a bit, I wouldn't get charged by accident. You're safe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    If you hit cancel sub, it will show up cancelled. Once it hits the 30 day mark, it will be frozen. I've always been really off and on with WOW, so I usually would charge 1 month, then instantly cancel so in case I didnt want to play for a bit, I wouldn't get charged by accident. You're safe.
    this is what i always used to do as well. you will still have access to WoW until the last day of the active sub. it will display in bnet as "cancelled" in orange or yellow lettering i believe. once the accounts remaining sub has run out it will turn to a red "frozen"

at least thats how mine has always been in the past

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Says it's a month recurring
    Sniff around on the battle.net account settings. There's a place to remove your credit card information. I did this when I got a new card (It kept pulling up the old card on their drop down list, and I could never remember which one was the new or old.)

If you remove all your forms of payment, your account will end at the end of your paid time, and you'll need to add an alternative form of payment to continue.

as long as your account status says "CANCELLED" you shouldn't be billed either way.

Thanks guys. Was full on paranoid. Cheers