Glyph of Falling Meteor

Anyone else notice this isn't working? I've died every single time i've used it while falling.

Works fine every time. Not had it fail once.

I died when I fell from the serpentshrine cavern elevator, not sure if it was the area or the glyph is bugged.

It doesn't prevent fall damage. It will reduce you to 1 health. Chances are you got hit by something after you landed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Works fine every time. Not had it fail once.
    That's weird cause mine does all the time. Seen alot of other ppl complaining on WoW forums about it

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    It doesn't prevent fall damage. It will reduce you to 1 health. Chances are you got hit by something after you landed.
    Ya i know, but i even did it in org just to prove that it kills me and it does.

It is bugged drop from a very high distance one that would kill you for sure without the glyph and when you turn into the meteor and hit the ground you die. I have yet to live once for like the past week testing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    It is bugged drop from a very high distance one that would kill you for sure without the glyph and when you turn into the meteor and hit the ground you die. I have yet to live once for like the past week testing it.
    yea thats what others are saying, hopefully they fix it soon it would be nice to have for getting thunderstormed off of LM

Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    Anyone else notice this isn't working? I've died every single time i've used it while falling.
    Thank gosh somebody else noticed this but me. I can confirm that I die every single time I try it. The location and height are irrelevant, it would seem; as I have tried this from a variety of locations, heights, and I have even tried waiting to use it mid-fall.

The first time I did Siege of Niuzao Temple, after killing the last boss, Wing Leader Ner'onok, I wanted to see if I could make the jump by jumping from my mount and doing a Demonic Leap in mid-air. I did not make it, instead I fell... The glyph took over, I got to 1 HP, and stayed in meteor form floating at the bottom of the area beneath the bridge. Health regen'ed to full, couldn't do anything but leave instance. I didn't die

But the next time I wanted to show this to a friend, I think I must've hit the other side of the broken bridge or something, and the glyph didn't activate, leading to much mockery

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I know this is obvious to the point of sounding insulting...but you ARE specced demonology right?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    to avoid getting reduced to 1hp - pop it just before you hit the ground. seems like when you cast it is resets the height you are falling from to however high you were at the time of cast or something. i can jump from any height and land will full hp by waiting until the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I know this is obvious to the point of sounding insulting...but you ARE specced demonology right?
    lol r u trolling or serious? Obviously demo if I'm using leap?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    lol r u trolling or serious? Obviously demo if I'm using leap?
    but for example, i have died because i specced affli then pushed what would be my keybind for leap. lapses in concentration etc.

It is certainly broken.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Can confirm that it's broken - Buffing myself midair with unending breat, whilst falling I was relieved to be in Demo spec - cast leap - died right next to the water.

I confirm there is a problem with it.

It worked for me a few times in Pandaria and then I died in the Serpentshrine elevator as well. My brother laughed his a** off as I was demonstrating how cool an ability I have.

I recall Blizzard saying they were going to do something about it since warlocks were using it in EotS to grab the flag and jump down into the abyss..and not die. Perhaps their 'fix' broke it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I recall Blizzard saying they were going to do something about it since warlocks were using it in EotS to grab the flag and jump down into the abyss..and not die. Perhaps their 'fix' broke it.
    Haha, really? Why did I not know that? xD

I haven't tested using Demonic Leap from deadly heights and letting the meteor carry me all the way down, so I can't confirm if that's working...
    But I CAN confirm that a solution is to wait to use Leap until just before you hit the ground (this will even work without the glyph, supposedly). I did that just earlier today. Waited till I was about 20 yards from the ground before using Leap, and only took about 10% damage.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been broken last time I used it, I was like hmm... I can fall without dying huh? I tried and yeah turned into a meteor obviously then I died and went

o.0 what just happened