Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The Death Penalty is stupid. Full stop.

Deleted
    easier solution outlaw em, you don't have kill them but can do if wanted.
    atleast it gives people a chance keep on living if they want/can.
    also while we're at it implement the "icehouse" from sc2 for reintergrating into society?
    most people who vouch for death penalty think allong:
    Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
    Joseph Stalin
    sometimes it could be worth it but most of the time it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    then we would be the same as him. /endthread
    And because he is sedated we aren't? So if he sedates his victims first and then kills them it's more humane and he is just like us?

Anyway, I wouldn't really care what happens to the murderers as long as they are off the street and can't hurt others. We don't have a death penalty here and I wouldn't be for it either. Killing is killing. Sedating someone before killing him doesn't make anyone feel better really.

Deleted
    Prison is to expensive, just get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "We need to be less ethical." Right. Just because they are murderers does not change the fact that they are human beings, albeit warped ones. The death penalty should be a mercy to end the lives of those that are truly unable to live in a general population (because solitary isolation for life would also be inhumane) or against those whose crimes against society are so heinous as to be unredeemable.

The penal system exists to exact social debt from felons. Not as an avenue for people to get revenge.
    The penal system exists to make people rich. A huge amount of prisons are owned by private for-profit companies. You can't exact a social dept if we're paying for them to be in there. It's like "Oh thanks for killing that guy across the street. Let me help you out by paying your rent, giving you some food every day, a TV with cable and a free gym pass. On the house."

Then, when their term is up, they go out free and usually go right back in, and we don't do much to stop them. When you commit a crime, it's much harder to find a job to near impossible. So the next best option? Commit crimes that will make you money until you're caught, which follows up with going right back into prison where you don't have to worry about working. Best of all, if you play your cards right, make more money in prison than you did outside of it doing more illegal activities.

The system is working flawlessly to punish those that have committed heinous acts against their fellow man.
    Last edited by Oogzy; 2012-11-07 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Leveling is amazing when I buy the boost.

These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    The Death Penalty is stupid. Full stop.
    This.

Also: There were quite a few innocents erroneously sentenced to death in the past.
    As long as there is even the slightest chance that something like that happens, making the whole thing even worse would be disastrous.

This imo is a tough subject to talk about, it's an two... well 5671 edged sword.

1. Is the point of penalties to prevent future actions like that? First, putting a man to jail for 3 years is enough to cause serious conditions. Let again 10 years, the prisoners will never ever be the same. Do they still do what they once were penalized? Maybe. Is there someone who can say what are bad things enough for let's say, deathpenalty?

2. How do you determine between an accident? When it comes to murders and manslaughters, is it eye for an eye here? What if I slipped and stabbed him accidentally. Do I still get punished? What about passion crimes? "I loved him and he just had an affair so I took her out". Misunderstandings? Rough sex, fucked up relationship -> rape.
    What about crimes, where you do a crime, in order to prevent a crime? "Shot a guy holding a hostage". What about other crimes, rapes, robberies, GTA's(Not gambling, tinkerin', laundry)?

I've been pondering once a while with these same things, and while I am definitely a revenge crazed in some cases(Someone killing their family, hell no they don't deserve to do shit anymore, anywhere, ever.), I understand the logic behind the system (while I don't understand it. Derp) These questions are too hard to just come up with a great solution. But It's cool to have a nice discussion about stuff like this aswell, apart from wow :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Death sentences have absolutely nothing to do with justice, with vengeance, or recompense. Or at least they shouldn't.

Death sentences are for people who are too dangerous to be left alive because they are a danger to any person they come in contact too, even those people in prison or the prison system.

Deleted
    There should be no death penalty at all.

Lots of shit talkers in here as per usual.
    Im quite sure if some crazed murderer took out one of your close family members all you would be thinking about is giving him the best send off possible and or keeping him alive because you feel sorry for them...... not!!!
    Just for the record Rapists and pedo's should die very slowly and very painfull regardless of the situation/or given to family members to take care of in a locked room because the justice system here sucks cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Oh no, what good does it do first to have these kinds of people locked away for god knows how long, spending tax money on feeding and housing them only to send them off on a human way which also is costing a metric ton of money?

All you people saying it's wrong etc etc would have a completely different view on things if your child was gunned down in front of you.., or perhaps someone breaking n' entering and then slaughtering your girl friend / wife after raping the shit out of her, sure.., lets house and feed these people, not like that ton of money could be spend't on social care, improving life for senior citizens who've paid they're dues to society, w/e, anything is better then spending it on these sort of scum!

An eye for eye, much much shorter trials so it's not being dragged out by lawyers trying to loophole the system only to increase the amount going into they're own pockets.

Caught in the act with witnesses or on tape?- simple, give the police authority to spend 89 cent on 1 bullet between they're eyes! I'm 100% positive there's a lot of cops out there who'd gladly take on that role and still sleep pretty fucking good at night!
    There are actually people who murder someone but will never do it again and better their lives. And there are also people who have been in jail while innoccent and I believe even people who got the death penalty and later they found out they were innoccent. Or people who are mentally ill and can be helped with therapy.

But yes, just killing them is much easier untill you have some sort of meltdown and kill someone when your judgement is clouded and you are out of control.

Money is wasted on much worse things in this world anyway.

Deleted
    Death penalty should be illegal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Just for the record Rapists and pedo's should die very slowly and very painfull regardless of the situation/or given to family members to take care of in a locked room because the justice system here sucks cock.
    naah chemical castration and let them work at a daycare is more suitable imo ^^
    the law is just so full of holes it actually makes sense to take it into your own hands in very dire situations. (when you can't win ,get even atleast)

edit : also what good is moral high ground if you end up on the losing side of events ......
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-11-07 at 11:27 PM.

Personally, I'd much rather give them a bullet to the head than keep them locked up for the rest of their lives. Costs the taxpayers too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to...
    sha of anger?

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Im quite sure if some crazed murderer took out one of your close family members all you would be thinking about is giving him the best send off possible and or keeping him alive because you feel sorry for them...... not!!!
    Maybe, but it's not only about what I want.

Some people forgive murderers, maybe not right away but maybe years later.

The only shit talker here is you. I want to see you kill the person who raped your family member with your own bare hands. I'm pretty sure you can't do it. You really want to live with that?
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-11-07 at 11:30 PM.

I kinda wish they would reintroduce gladiator arenas back. (for rich ppl only-no way too see this on tv)

This is how they get rid of criminals in the old days. I wouldnt be suprised if they already doing this and we dont know it.

It's also a problem of just how long people spend in prison before their death sentence is actually completed. As of 2010, according to the bureau of justice, the average time from sentencing to execution was almost 15 years! 178 months to be exact. WE as a people pay for death row inmates for 15 years average, and the time between sentencing and execution is going up every year!

That's full health coverage, food, board, education, the works. All for free for 15 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Leveling is amazing when I buy the boost.

These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by soloedalysrazoronwarrior View Post
    I am getting sick of all this "but he is a human we must treat him humanely" crap.
    Ok ok YOU did not treat your victims humanely when you slashed his through or blew a hole through his head WHY SHOULD YOUR DEATH BE PAINLESS? ANSWER ME!

you call this JUSTICE? What is JUSTICE? it is when you are FORCED to suffer at least as much as the victim suffered THAT is the fundamental definition of "Justice".
    We need to stop with all this "Humane" crap and start giving lethal injections with the murderer fully awake so he will feel the entire process and get to know the worthless piece of trash he is.
    Murderers should not be treated as human. They are sub-human and should be treated like dirt. A mouse trap kills a mouse in agony, a murderer is given a death sentence UNCONSCIOUS! so he does not feel ANY PAIN! Im sorry but I value the mice over the Murderer.

STOP GIVING HUMANE DEATH SENTENCES. Give it to them AWAKE!
    How about the prisoner is awake and the needle is put on your hands?

ITT someone confusing justice with vengeance.

Capital punishment does not work as a deterrent and you really want to endorse suffering in the name of justice which no one deserves no matter what they have done. Why stop at conscious lethal injections, how about bringing back the guillotine or being hung drawn and quartered like the good old days?

Don't get me wrong, murderers and rapists make me sick but the things your kind of people advocate isn't much better.

If you insist on murdering people under the misnomer of justice, it should be as humane as possible, otherwise you are no better than the trash you are disposing of.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2012-11-07 at 11:34 PM.