Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Im quite sure if some crazed murderer took out one of your close family members all you would be thinking about is giving him the best send off possible and or keeping him alive because you feel sorry for them...... not!!!
    And this is exactly why there are judges and laws and common citizens don't get to call the shots. Because people would judge based on emotion rather than rational thought

  2. #122
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    And this is exactly why there are judges and laws and common citizens don't get to call the shots. Because people would judge based on emotion rather than rational thought
    too bad the system is filled with holes...... (the plan is good, the execution of it not so much)
    or you think there is a sane reasoning why a murderer of +- 67 people should get released in 21 years?

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by soloedalysrazoronwarrior View Post
    you call this JUSTICE? What is JUSTICE? it is when you are FORCED to suffer at least as much as the victim suffered THAT is the fundamental definition of "Justice".
    There's a difference between justice and vengeance, aka an eye for an eye.

  4. #124
    Just shoot the fuckers, it costs me 21 cents per 7.62x39 bullet. Multiply that by 5 (wanna make sure he dies) and that's 1 dollar and 5 cents, fast and cheap.

  5. #125
    Stood in the Fire Rommon64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Just shoot the fuckers, it costs me 21 cents per 7.62x39 bullet. Multiply that by 5 (wanna make sure he dies) and that's 1 dollar and 5 cents, fast and cheap.
    And what of the court costs and settlements when they've been found to have been innocent? That's why it costs so much.
    Last edited by Rommon64; 2012-11-07 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Wiping is Fun! ™

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "We need to be less ethical." Right. Just because they are murderers does not change the fact that they are human beings, albeit warped ones.
    But executing them is also unethical, as you said they are human beings afterall. How is my suggestion any worse than the current system?


    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    The problem is, not everyone on death row is guilty. There are plenty of cases where mentally retarded people are tricked into writing a confession and convicted.

    While the 'Starcraft Marine Syndrome' makes sense in a perfect world, its not possible with our legal system. Thats primarily the reason why people on death row cost so much more than people who are serving life in prison. You have to make 100% sure that they in fact committed the crime. In the general public, there is a fear of executing an innocent person which leads to policies and protocols that are lengthy and expensive.
    Even if its true that death row inmates cost more, you still admit they sometimes kill the wrong person. It's a flaw with the system, and an inevitable one (at least for now). We would be basically trading meaningless deaths for purposeful deaths. If you think death penalty is unethical period, then fine, I won't argue with that, but seeing as (for now) the death penalty is here to stay, might aswell make the best of it. I still don't understand why this is worse than what we currently have.

  7. #127
    Who executes the executioner?

    Let's face it, the whole premise of the death penalty is that killing someone is so morally wrong and terrible we're going to kill you for it.

    So again I ask, who kills the executioner?

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    then we would be the same as him. /endthread
    No we wouldn't. A murderer takes someones life who didn't deserve it. He hurts the person, that person's friends and families. With no concern for anyone else other then his own motives for doing it. He also hurts his friends and families when he gets arrested for murder.

    Once you unjustly take someones life, your life has become forfeit. A murderer may still be human by look, but in his mind, and soul he has become a monster. He has given up his humanity to take the life of another human. Scarred his soul red with the blood of someone else. It is not right to humanely kill a monster, especially one who did not humanely kill another.

    Taking the life of a murderer inhumanely does not make us him, the taking of his life is justified, it is a small act to try and correct what he did. But it can never be corrected. Because those who do care about him, and his victim(s) will always remember what he had done. They will always feel the pain of the loss that death brings.

  9. #129
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...oric-lows?lite

    "Violent crime rates in the U.S. are reaching historic lows, according to new FBI data released Monday.

    Instances of murder declined overall by 1.9 percent from 2010 figures, while rape, robbery and aggravated assault declined by 4 percent nationwide, according to records from more than 14,000 law-enforcement agencies around the country, FBI spokesman Bill Carter told msnbc.com."

    This is good news.

  10. #130
    Because we don't live in the middle ages anymore

  11. #131
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,638
    They are going to die anyways... that pain and suffering would only serve as a deterrent, but if they're going to die anyways then they don't have the opportunity to redeem themselves. I always try to keep an open mind, but this is just something I cannot understand at all....

  12. #132
    or you think there is a sane reasoning why a murderer of +- 67 people should get released in 21 years?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-sfrQnwwg

    Once you unjustly take someones life, your life has become forfeit. A murderer may still be human by look, but in his mind, and soul he has become a monster. He has given up his humanity to take the life of another human. Scarred his soul red with the blood of someone else. It is not right to humanely kill a monster, especially one who did not humanely kill another.
    And yet you would do the same, under the right circumstances.

    I remember a thread months ago about if you would press a button to receive millions of dollars but at the same time a random human around the world would die. A lot of people said they would do so. Face it: You have absolutely no right to call someone a monster when most people are no better.

  13. #133
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    No we wouldn't. A murderer takes someones life who didn't deserve it. He hurts the person, that person's friends and families. With no concern for anyone else other then his own motives for doing it. He also hurts his friends and families when he gets arrested for murder.

    Once you unjustly take someones life, your life has become forfeit. A murderer may still be human by look, but in his mind, and soul he has become a monster. He has given up his humanity to take the life of another human. Scarred his soul red with the blood of someone else. It is not right to humanely kill a monster, especially one who did not humanely kill another.

    Taking the life of a murderer inhumanely does not make us him, the taking of his life is justified, it is a small act to try and correct what he did. But it can never be corrected. Because those who do care about him, and his victim(s) will always remember what he had done. They will always feel the pain of the loss that death brings.
    The soul is an entity that does not exist for starters. People kill for all sorts of reasons, mental issues, love, vengeance, envy, heat of the moment stuff.

    The world isn't black and white and taking a life does not make someone inherently evil no matter what you say. What you and many others attribute to justice is not even close to being that, it is revenge plain and simple; vengeance. Murder through the state is still murder no matter how you want to spin it.

    If I had done something terrible enough to warrant a life sentence in prison, I would rather take the easy way out and end it all than to spend the rest of my life in an institution where I have no freedom, a place where I would most likely be cut off from any form of real human contact through confinement and isolation.

    Your vengeance isn't a punishment to these people, it is a gift of freedom.

  14. #134
    Not sure what that other pleb was going on about responding to me but;
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    And this is exactly why there are judges and laws and common citizens don't get to call the shots. Because people would judge based on emotion rather than rational thought
    I was going to put this in my first post but i didnt, i agree 100% but thats just human nature. Think about what it was like before any laws, and tbh it still happens to day more so in the animal kingdom ofc and lets face it we aint much different to them.
    Aside from that though i have to say rational thought? if someone did something bad to one of your close family ie partner/child etc what possible thinking needs to be done if you was given the chance to take the law in your own hands.....

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    then we would be the same as him. /endthread
    I dont mind taking out the trash for the community. Imo our methods of death sentence suck now, bring back the firing squad and the chair.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    The soul is an entity that does not exist for starters. People kill for all sorts of reasons, mental issues, love, vengeance, envy, heat of the moment stuff.

    The world isn't black and white and taking a life does not make someone inherently evil no matter what you say. What you and many others attribute to justice is not even close to being that, it is revenge plain and simple; vengeance. Murder through the state is still murder no matter how you want to spin it.

    If I had done something terrible enough to warrant a life sentence in prison, I would rather take the easy way out and end it all than to spend the rest of my life in an institution where I have no freedom, a place where I would most likely be cut off from any form of real human contact through confinement and isolation.

    Your vengeance isn't a punishment to these people, it is a gift of freedom.
    Agreed. Lets legalize marijuana and un clutter a bunch of our prisons to make room for them.

  17. #137
    Lethal injections are not intended to be revenge.

  18. #138
    Immortal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,741
    I agree entirely..

  19. #139
    Deleted
    "Let's try and keep the discussion civil, everyone."

    On a discussion about torturing humans. Riiiight.

  20. #140
    Deleted
    You are advocating the killing of "murderers", but when does killing become murder. Everyone is aware of premeditation, but it seems that you believe there is an element of justification to murder. At what point is it OK to murder people (i.e death penalty, it might be the issued judgement, but you cannot argue that it isn't murder.

    So would someone like to tell me at what point murder is a justifiable reaction to your own personal pain?

    Hypothetical:

    GuyA murders your family whilst you are out, but you learn the identity of GuyA. You proceed to murder GuyA. According to law, and your own opinions you should now be made to suffer the maximum available pain.

    But if the police apprehend the murderer and he is given capital punishment, it becomes OK, because in a room a guy with a wig waved a magic wand absolving everybody of the forthcoming crime of murder?

    Apparently it stops being murder when the person you killing is "bad enough".

    I find it hard to believe - but perhaps it's just my naivety - that people without mental illnesses actively plot to kill other humans being without extreme provocation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •