Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Interesting, bit of a game breaker though and doesn't really fit with WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I don't see how this idea would be remotely good at all. There could be some provision for "embassies" further down the line but I really can't conceive of how they'd work by means of gameplay.
    Good thing you'r not the leading designer =P. No offense.

I think it would be a great idea... But as people have stated too much control that can influence the game
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Diplomacy: A New WoW Profession

Think about all the possibilities this profession could bring to the game. It could make the game more dynamic as adding a Diplomacy profession to the game would enable your character to interact more with the opposite faction, as well as become involved in political affairs of the kingdoms.

Ideas for implementation:

Diplomatic Side:

-Grant diplomatic immunity on a temporary basis
    -Enable opposite factions at high levels of diplomacys to engage with the opposite faction and complete quests on a limited basis
    -Enable the ability to group with the opposite faction at 675 diplomacy on a limited basis
    -Limited communication with the opposite faction (based on racial dialects)
    -Daily quests related to political relations within your own faction and also with the opposite faction on a limited basis

Political Side:

-Become involved with the political affairs of a kingdom within your faction, aka diplomat / member of parlament etc
    -Make decisions which will affect the look of your capital city (aka, enact clean up the streets laws, and other things that will build and tear down parts of the city, these laws / repeal of laws would increase taxes in the city (vendor fees go up and down by small %s))
    -City could become trashy in parts due to not passing and enforcing laws (Note: Much of what goes on in the cities due to your diplomatic / political choices would be phased to you, but not to other players to negatively affect their prefered gameplay)
    -The profession could grant vanity items, and rarely items that affect character power

There could be all sorts of ways to level it up including mini games, daily quests, profession related drops in dungeons / monsters. Other mini games like play cards and win against politicians in the city, run errands within the city, stop / prevent crime within the city, go on foreign relation trips to horde cities throughout Azeroth (not just capital cities) which would give you temporary immunity, (yellow color / blue on a timer) to complete the task.

Thoughts?
    are you chris metzen?
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Yes it would. Everything that's in the game would have to be changed.

Every quest would have to be rewritten for the new faction, every flight path, every quest hub, new cities, all the pvp objectives, new races, cut scenes. That's just the things that Blizzard's tools can deal with easily since they add/change them each expansion.

Then there's things that need to be changed in the actual engine. How factions interact (PvP, languages), zone allegiances, battlegrounds that are designed for 2 factions only and have solid stories so it's impossible to add a 3rd faction or just mix them around.

Not to mention that server populations are divided by 3 instead of 2 so you suddenly have less people playing each faction which reduces faction numbers further (since server limits wouldn't change). This would also mean that on every server just about the new faction would have significantly less players than the other 2 since the players are already established there.
    Right and for you , it would take a new wow to change the current wow... bit of a redudancy. Anyway, back to reality, an expansion would suffice, just like cataclysm came in an expansion and it changed the world thoroghly. Lets not be dramatic =P. And server pops would be merged together, what's the big deal?

Deleted
    Awful. Utterly awful. Just because something is new or hasn't been done before doesn't make it a good idea or a welcome addition to the game. Thankfully, Blizzard seem like they too intelligent (or possibly too lazy) to implement any terrible idea just for the sake of adding it. This is up there with the very worst of those terribad "hey, we should have X class" posts.

Letting the Horde wander around Stormwind isn't "dynamic". Adding vanity items isn't "dynamic" either. This is a feeble idea and offers nothing beyond "hey, like, wouldn't it like be totally cool if we could play politics in WoW, and like visit cities and stuff". If you want to play politics go play Civ 5 or something.

Deleted
    Promising the people of SW to reduce unemployment and also deficit reductions! Vote for me!

Now OP, I doubt this because if this would go on PvP servers too, it will kill what PvP is left. The political part inside your own faction sounds nice, but the limited doing quests with other faction or immunity for attacks does not for PvP servers.

Deleted
    i would love to have that, it would be realy cool, for could be a reason for needing diplomacy after both sides killed garrosh

So, there are some interesting parts in your idea, but overall it doesn't seem to fit in at all. The only vibe I'm getting after scratching my head a bit is "He couldn't get his political will through IRL, so now he's desperate enough to want to put politics in a game where he's guaranteed to succeed."
    Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, but that's how you look like.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where I stand on this. I like the ideas of controlling parts of your cities but not the cross faction things. It defeats the purpose of having factions in the first place.

Deleted
    This isn't even an idea. It's just basically you saying that you want to be able to interact more with your friends on the other faction. Any complex addition to WoW would sound fantastic and interesting on such an abstract level.

Hey, I want every choice I make in the game to matter and shape the world and narrative - and I also want battlegrounds supporting up to 1000 players for epic large scale battles! See what I did there?

I'll grant you that the thought is nice - it would be fun to be able to do the things you describe. But if you want proper feedback, then you have to post a proper idea where you jot down the details on how this could actually work and be implemented into the game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Right and for you , it would take a new wow to change the current wow... bit of a redudancy. Anyway, back to reality, an expansion would suffice, just like cataclysm came in an expansion and it changed the world thoroghly. Lets not be dramatic =P. And server pops would be merged together, what's the big deal?
    You clearly have no concept of game design. They would have to rewrite 100% of the code. No expansion does that. Ever. It's not an expansion when it takes 10 years to develop (which it would).

Sounds good, but I think it should be this.

Faction Profession:
    Allaince: Slave owner: Make a horde player your slave.
    Horde: Suck them balls: Well you get it.

Since after Garrosh is killed we (the horde) will be back to sucking the Alliance's nut might as well make it a profession, since thats all Thrall is good for, showing the horde how to suck them balls.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2012-11-09 at 04:56 AM.