Is there any safe 3rd party way to appear offline?

I want to start over as horde on a realm, but I don't want to deal with my friends messaging me telling me to come back and asking what i'm doing. I know that you can not appear offline through any in game function, but what about a 3rd party program?

There likely is, but I doubt it'd be legal, or not against the T&C.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014 View Post
    I want to start over as horde on a realm, but I don't want to deal with my friends messaging me telling me to come back and asking what i'm doing. I know that you can not appear offline through any in game function, but what about a 3rd party program?
    blizzard did say they where going to add a apear offline setting for real ID no clue when tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Delete 'em!
    True friends would roll with you.
    Then everyone gets bored and you all go back.

I think 5.1 is trying to implement appear offline. I'm not willing to look for the source tho.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt there's anyway to appear offline since it's all set on the server side. Unless Blizzard has already built it in which would make it an easy update for them.

You can do it using peerblocker type programs. There's guides on youtube on how to set it up for wow, just google it basically. It's a bit fiddly (have to keep turning it off and on each session etc, can't just set it and leave it), but works.

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7315729

they will implant it later on

For World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, we expect to add the option sometime after the release of each game’s upcoming expansion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzwk0IdRdgw
    just google it and you can find some videos and guides, dont know if its legal or not

after watching that video, im guessing its ok to do so by blocking the port with firewall
    Last edited by mmoc29c502100c; 2012-11-09 at 02:51 AM.

you can just go to your parental control settings and just turn off the battle.net
    Intel i5 3470 | MSI z77a-g41 | SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 | Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB | OCZ Vertex 3 (90GB)