Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How is everyone enjoying their class now we've had a few weeks to settle in?

As the expansions been out a while now and I'd think everyone's had the chance to get a reasonable amount of playtime in on their various characters how's everyone finding their class? Try not to be tooooo whiney and lets not get into a flame war about who's OP/not etc. Just a few thoughts on how your class feels, the rotation, a LITTLE about what you see as it's strengths/weaknesses and maybe a comparison to what you consider the best class for your role in PVE/PVP.

I'm rolling as a Ret pally this time around and finding it a little clunky but quite fun to play. The burst is amazing, the sustained damage is a bit sucky and AoE damage is... kinda meh. Was the very first character I ever rolled and having been through most of the other melee at various points in the expansions it's nice to return to my "first love" when they are in a decent place.

Off-specced a tank and find the play style quite similar to the rogue (build up combo points, use them for various short term buffs) which is my longest standing melee class previously. Not sure how strong I feel, with the right seal up (seems the healing one is about the best for most things) tanking large packs becomes quite entertaining (each creature hit by the hammer returns quite a chunk of health). Makes the trash at the start of MoV quite fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed at how awful DKs are without haste (2H frost). I feel as clunky under 5k haste as I did back at level 65 or so when my runes couldn't regen fast enough to compare to spending them. Still, I am loving the 200k+ OB crits

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage for over 7 years, still loving them.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like my Frost DK is doing heavenly DPS. Couldn't enjoy it more. Still, like Darsithis said, I was used to having a crazy amount of haste.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm amazed at how awful DKs are without haste (2H frost). I feel as clunky under 5k haste as I did back at level 65 or so when my runes couldn't regen fast enough to compare to spending them. Still, I am loving the 200k+ OB crits
    Ooo has the whole ice blast spam build died then? DK is likely my next character up (tho... we'll see, there's a few in the pipeline). I noticed in LFR the DK's are still doing crazy DPS on packs so assumed icy blast was still working nice.
    Has 2H definitely replaced DW now? That might account for the "slow" feel of it if so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Raiding as a resto druid is kind of meh, as we don't have the utility of the other classes for sporadic burst aoe healing, though for phases like Phase 2 Elegon, Will of the Emperor titan gas, and Blade Lord phase 2 we're decent. Haven't really done much raid healing for Garalon since I've been put in charge of kite healing. Was hectic the first night but I think using Tree by the 6th kiter will help in keeping myself, current kiter, and next kiter alive as my hots don't seem to be cutting it, but boy do I oom there.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Ooo has the whole ice blast spam build died then? DK is likely my next character up (tho... we'll see, there's a few in the pipeline). I noticed in LFR the DK's are still doing crazy DPS on packs so assumed icy blast was still working nice.
    Has 2H definitely replaced DW now? That might account for the "slow" feel of it if so?
    Diseases are dots, so abilties that reduce AoE only reduce the burst damage from HB. And from my understanding, AoE = dual wield, single target = 2h.

Loving my hunter, very glad that I swapped back to her after playing my DK in Cata (hunter was my main from Classic through Wrath). Survival and BM both feel pretty good right now, and it's nice to have lucked out and gotten the strong class without deliberately rolling FotM.

I picked my prot pally back up for MoP (haven't played it since T11), and I'm loving it. I really like the 5 Holy Power system, active mitigation, and the giant Word of Glory that builds up. All in all - hooray!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I enjoyed Hunter changes initially, but am sad to see the sheer amount of whining from non-hunters is likely to lead back to the Great Hunter Nerf of 3.1 all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...my Cataclysm main was a discipline/holy priest and when I was coming back to the game I heard they were basically destroyed. I wanted to try out monk since I've had and played one of every other healer class at end game before.

I love the monk. I'm incredibly glad I did it. I've started leveling my paladin after I finish dailies, etc. on my main and went to heal a few instances on her and realized exactly how much harder I'm working on my monk when I heal. It's so complex and I just love feeling the challenge when I raid.

On the other side of things...rarely do I ever dps. I've picked up a ret spec to level my pally in and I'm having an insane amount of fun with it. I'm not used to melting things quite so fast. :P

Deleted
    Loving my Demo Lock even more since Cata, so many awesome changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played my mage for the first few weeks of MoP because i wanted to be a range DPS as my main this expansion. Came to the realization that I miss being melee, I'm impatient and want to be kill shit quick. So i rolled a monk because I like rogues but wanted the utility of my druid and monk was a new class so i now main it and having fun.

The only crappy part is re-doing the daily rep grind.

Have 3 90's so far. Monk, Paladin, Warlock.

I'm warming up to the warlock (still playing it like a nub)

Prot paladin is insanely fun though. I didn't tank much in cata because I was constantly afraid of being undergeared. In MoP I crafted a suit of 450 stuff and went balls deep after getting the 1h mace out of AoA.

Probably going to use him to Cap VP every week as time permits, so I can have a well geared paladin alt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins, are terrible

Loving my Shaman. I'm mostly Elemental but I do heal some here and there. I can keep up on single target, and come on, who doesn't love Chain Lightning with the mastery proc? I haven't tested out Enhance yet but I probably will eventually as I've played melee classes up until this expansion.

Took me forever to find another class I enjoy, but I'm loving what they did with Muti Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    Boomkins, are terrible
    wHaaaa?
    Im loving my druid, resto especially . even boomy !
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm amazed at how awful DKs are without haste (2H frost).
    It gets better pretty quickly.

I'm currently sitting at 8.5k haste and I usually have something to do.

I'm looking forward to the point where gemming haste becomes worth it.

Deleted
    Very unhappy with affliction warlock pvp, but that's no doubt partially due to me not being great at pvp to begin with, but I liked it in Cata a lot more and I thought it was mediocre even then.

Quite happy with pve, though not sold on MG.

Enjoying myself despite how whiny the post starts.

Loving my DK alt, been pvping on it a bit since I'm struggling to enjoy my warlock in it.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-11-07 at 11:02 PM.

Gearing up prot paladin is terrible since if you use LFR and queue up as tank you get certain pieces but you are unable to get other pieces which drop if you are ret specced.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrote a load of stuff here about Warriors, Mages, Rogues and Paladins but it deleted it -_-
    Short Version:
    Mage - Similar, nice to be less rng with Inferno Blast
    Rogues - Way too much passive, sub/combat feel similar, outdated mechanics, especially combo points on enemies and most talents are useless apart from about 2 tiers
    Paladin - Prot is good, Ret feels bad, TV should hit harder, no targetable AoE, kinda miss Cataclysm version minus judgement hp change and Cata sacred shield.
    Warrior - Arms cast time slam, TFB too RNG, Prot Stance being too viable for PVP and Beserker being ignored, rage regeneration odd without gaining Rage when auto-attacks, Banners are nice, but cooldown stacking needs to be changed. Prot is fairly nice, love the active mitigation idea of prioritizing rage for defenses. Also, enraged regen should be baseline IMO

Been trying a Destro Warlock out for funsies, and at 47 atm it feels fairly nice. Mana feels like energy, like how embers seem to work, and generally enjoying it. Also messing around a little with a Druid, Shaman, Monk, Death Knight and Priest, seeing what I think of them, but too soon to tell anything, especially with DK's Blood Boil being OP beyond belief at level 60ish compared to every other ability.

Also, Howling Blast and Frost Fever no doubt make Frost DKs amazing for AoE. Looked at the damage in an AB a few days ago, and the top damage was a Frost Dk who was on about 8mil or something (All I know is that it had an 8 at the front) and I was second and on about 3.1 as a Warrior. Scary
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )