Thread: Dota

Dota

Soon Dota 2 will be released. Do you guys have any plan to make room for that game. Gonna love separate thread about DOTA like SWTOR. DOTA also have good no. of playerbase.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played this genre so i might try it with the release of DOTA. Will it be free to play like LOL or will we have to pay for it on release?
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

It's compeltely free and all characters are unlocked right away, Dota2 does have a in-game store for cosmetic items similar to TF2.

Edit: On the topic of a sub-forum dedicated to Dota I would imagine it will happen.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-08 at 01:32 AM.

Its free to play I think but still you have to buy once(need to confirm that).
    This will solve all of your questions http://www.getdota.com/faq

You dont have to buy anything, the entire game, cosmetics aside, is free. Which I believe is a MUCH better way to run the game, instead of feeling pressured to play games even when I probably wont feel like it to save up IP to be able to keep up with all the new champions, I can rather play the solely to have fun.

Moba's having bad comunity but Riots LoL showing improvements same goes for dota/dota 2 . as dota veteran id say pick it its free all heroes are available from start many fun modes . just try geting few friends either make or play with urs its so much beter to play with m8 have won countless 2v5 games . Defenetly pick it + if you are good with makin "skins" you can make money out of it . and btw im currenly playing lol (1.5 games played) so no hate for lol funboys )))

From DOTA 2 faq:
    Q: Why would I spend money while Dota 2 is still in Beta?
    A: We don't really think of Dota 2 as a beta, but we also aren't ready for everyone to show up and start playing just yet. We are constantly updating the game with new heroes, bug fixes, and new features. None of the items you purchase or the progress you make will be lost or reset once the game is available for everyone.

DOTA is totally free mod but I think DOTA 2 price is about 30USD

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    You dont have to buy anything, the entire game, cosmetics aside, is free. Which I believe is a MUCH better way to run the game, instead of feeling pressured to play games even when I probably wont feel like it to save up IP to be able to keep up with all the new champions, I can rather play the solely to have fun.
    I actually got into an argument with some friends who argued that the LoL system was a more fun way of handling things. I'm fine if they liked LoL heros better or the overall item/gameplay but who can honestly say they prefer having to buy/play500 games to unlock any of the interesting heros? They gave me some bullshit argument like it made you more invested in your character or felt like you earned something which was a total load of bullshit. No, all it does is give those who play longer an advantage in hero selection and gimps new players by making it harder to figure out what "that guy" does because you can't play him to test it yourself unless it luckily gets selected to be free for the week. It doesn't enhance game play any more than having to play through that crappy cutscene padded shit fest to unlock sonic in Super Smash enhanced the reward of playing sonic. If anything it made it worse if you hated the character.

Honestly it was perhaps one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard and I just had an argument yesterday about how successful and actual zombie apocalypse would be.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-11-08 at 01:55 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whether we have a separate forum section depends on demand -- if we have a lot of people interested and posting about it, it might happen; otherwise, might not.

Closing this, but everyone interested in continuing discussing dota in general should head over to the thread in the video games forum:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...athread-DotA-2