Deleted

LF Help from French-speakers - 2 minutes!

Hi everyone!

I can't seem to translate the following sentence with the usual search functions on the internet. Could anyone who speaks French and English/Dutch translate this so I understand? It's as important as it is urgent =)

Thanks in advance, this would be great help for me!

"Ce phénomène est la conséquence de l’extension planétaire de la culture de la célébrité, qui entraîne la montée en puissance de la visibilité comme valeur endogène et non plus comme valeur ajoutée à une qualité préexistante. Autre conséquence : la tendance à une information moins contrôlée par les célébrités et plus attentatoire à leur intimité."

15+ Year Old Account
    "This is the consequence of the worldwide growth of the celebrity culture, which leads to the rise of visibility as being a good thing in itself rather than value to be gained by something with its own quality. Another consequence: celebrities lose control of their personal lives and privacy."

Hopefully, someone else has given their interpretation--my French isn't great--but that's what I read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation student in training right hurr.

I agree with Mnevis' translation. Though I might personally add "This phenomenon is the consequence of..." at the start.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, been able to print this out in the nick of time!