Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    That would be a cool change.
    It'd be a necessary change, if the energy cost is to be considered reasonable. If it costs energy, it should either bring a clear-cut increase in dps or some additional utility, apart from the simple interrupt. I simply don't see the purpose of the energy cost.

Kick is free now with Pvp gloves hAha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    You also forget how little Energy means to a Windwalker. This is mostly anecdotal, but on my 70 Windwalker, I feel like I spend more time dumping chi than generating it and I've never had a "not enough energy" problem.
    Energy means tons to Windwalker, and 30 is an enormous amount. Like Rogue it can become too-much / near-trivial at times due to scaling being imperfectly tuned, but in those situations the problem is not enough GCDs to dump all the irritating Mastery procs / Chi overflow, not Energy itself being without value.

But really that's tangential, I was just saying that Rogue isn't alone in having a perplexingly taxed interrupt at this point in the game. A lot of this relates to PvE though, where choosing to spend your Energy on "Control", "Other control", or "Damage" — is not a choice. It really should be, but that's not the mindset the players have been conditioned into especially when you have to watch everyone else play for free.

The cost also felt more reasonable in the halcyon days when Rogues had a very strong interrupt relative to almost everyone else. That is, there was a reward for spending your E that way and everyone else had a tradeoff too. Now that whole balancing act has been wiped off the table and the E cost just stands out as a relic from another time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by shalnath View Post
    Well atleast this makes it free with the PvP gloves.
    Is what blizzard wanted to accomplish.

Next. Make deadly throw baseline again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Is what blizzard wanted to accomplish.

Next. Make deadly throw baseline again.
    Well, why the hell not just baseline the free interrupt in the first place!?

Deleted
    Kick still remains one of the only Interrupts in the game to have any resource cost.
    You mean one of the only interrupts in the game like Counterspell, spear hand strike, Rebuke, wind Shear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    You mean one of the only interrupts in the game like Counterspell, spear hand strike, Rebuke, wind Shear ?
    Interrupts that cost mana might as well cost nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the only *significant* costs, to be accurate. It's a drop in the bucket for anything that doesn't use the energy system, unless you've heard of ret/prot going OoM, seriously assigning OoM holy pallies or resto shaman to interrupt, mages that can't manage their mana this tier, enhance or ele shaman going OoM...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    One of the only *significant* costs, to be accurate. It's a drop in the bucket for anything that doesn't use the energy system, unless you've heard of ret/prot going OoM, seriously assigning OoM holy pallies or resto shaman to interrupt, mages that can't manage their mana this tier, enhance or ele shaman going OoM...
    Kick costs 0 energy if you have pvp stuff and you shouldnt not ever go in pvp without pvp gear so i don'r really why all this qq. :s

10+ Year Old Account
    • Kick now costs 10 energy, down from 15.

All Rogue changes from this build. Kick still remains one of the only Interrupts in the game to have any resource cost.

Source.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=78675 Druid Solar Beam 16.8% of base mana 1 min cooldown
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=96231 Paladin Rebuke 11.7% of base mana 15 sec cooldown

just TWO off the top of my head that have resource costs higher than Kick AND cooldowns as long or longer than Kick.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=78675 Druid Solar Beam 16.8% of base mana 1 min cooldown
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=96231 Paladin Rebuke 11.7% of base mana 15 sec cooldown

just TWO off the top of my head that have resource costs higher than Kick AND cooldowns as long or longer than Kick.
    Ret alt for 4 years. Rebuke @ 11% mana literally means nothing. Mana is not an issue at all as Ret or even Holy for that matter; not that Holy is spamming rebuke in arena anyway.

Also: Solar beam? Gtfo our forums pls.

Kick costs 0 energy if you have pvp stuff and you shouldnt not ever go in pvp without pvp gear so i don'r really why all this qq. :s
    No offense, but interrupts still exist in pve

Deleted
    Because other classes not only get it for free in PvE but get damage boni when they succesful interrupt? Since when is a warrior more tricky, than a rogue? :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Ret alt for 4 years. Rebuke @ 11% mana literally means nothing. Mana is not an issue at all as Ret or even Holy for that matter; not that Holy is spamming rebuke in arena anyway.

Also: Solar beam? Gtfo our forums pls.
    Rio, I wasn't saying that either was a PROBLEM. I clearly pointed out that OP's claim was and IS factually inaccurate, unless you want to challenge the facts presented

Also, I dont care if you've been playing for four years, or since 23 November 2004; it doesn't change the fact that OP's claim is inaccurate.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-11-10 at 07:14 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Rio, I wasn't saying that either was a PROBLEM. I clearly pointed out that OP's claim was and IS factually inaccurate, unless you want to challenge the facts presented

Also, I dont care if you've been playing for four years, or since 23 November 2004; it doesn't change the fact that OP's claim is inaccurate.
    I'm sorry, but why do you insist on arguing semantics?
    Yes, he might've said "One of the only interrupts to have a cost attached to it." But it's very evident that he's talking about a heavy cost in damage-output, not just a general "cost". Interrupting as a caster or mana user is very irrelevant to your damage output. As an energy user, it is not. Hell, you could change every interrupt to cost 100hp, and claim that there's a cost as much as you want, doesn't change the fact that the cost is negligible, unnoticeable, irrelevant to anything, and might as well not exist.

If they would stealthily remove the mana cost of every mana-interrupt, no one would really notice. If they'd remove the energy cost, however, by God there would be a "post or two" about it on here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it should also be free when doing PvE. It's pitiful that the only reason it costs energy is because they can't be bothered to think on another PvP gloves bonus. We've went from being the kings of interrupts on a raid environment (Reliquary, Vezax...) to being one of the few underdogs alongside our Energy brethren. Glyph of Rude Interruption makes this even worse.

I don't know if Skull Bash is too strong in PvP to make it Energy free, but they shouldn't be punished on PvE like we do.

Spear Hand Strike seems to be too powerful in PvP to make it free baseline, so I would say that they should be able to glyph it to make it resource free by removing the conditional silence.

Arguing about semantics make us all look dumb, so please let's not dwell any further on this matter.

Step in the right direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    Step in the right direction.
    Not really. As most of us anticipated, they're just riddling us with band-aid fixes instead of applying some changes that are either relevant, or "drastic" in some way.
    - Mobility is an issue, they "fix" our cc's
    - Mobility is an issue, hardly any changes to the actual mobility talents/abilities
    - Damage is an issue, they don't address it at all
    - Interrupting is an issue, they address it just enough to please one half, but they don't go through with it completely, likely due to the additional work it'd require...

I'm not expecting anything from the devs anymore, at this point. Their actions have been one disappointment after the other.

I think it was obvious he implied "meaningful resource cost." In all of those cases the resource cost is trivial. Spear hand strike excepted--but the argument is "one of the" not the only. Fact remains that yellow mana bar = low priority for interrupts.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-11-10 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Rogues are now fixed.