10+ Year Old Account

Hunter macro query, Aspect related

Looking for an aspect macro. If I'm in Hawk, I want it to switch me to Fox. If I'm in Fox, I want it to switch me to Hawk. I also want it to be usable without taking me out of my current aspect and just doing nothing, which is what's happening with:

Code:
    /castsequence Aspect of the Hawk, Aspect of the Fox
    I think it's because of the order, but then the same thing would happen when I'm in Fox. Is what I'm asking for even possible?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

heard next patch there removing aspect of the Fox
    also the benifits of aspect of the fox will stay so your macro won't be of much use for long.

still your macro switches from 1 aspect to the next. so it's doing what you want right?

still if you want it to not change your aspect do you mean have no aspect up at all? or just not work when you misclick the macro?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

I use

#showtooltip aspect of the hawk
    /castsequence !Aspect of the Fox, !Aspect of the Hawk

The only time it ever takes me out of the Aspect entirely is when I accidentally hit it while I am still casting a Cobra Shot or any other casted thing, or if I use it while silenced (like if I'm standing in the gas on the first boss of Heart of Fear.)

I just use

/cast Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Aspect of the Fox

Is there any way to bind aspect of cheetah (glyphed) to W key? so when I'm running it changes to that and I run faster?

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast [aspect:2] Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Aspect of the Fox

Switches between the 2

Quote Originally Posted by stingc2 View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [aspect:2] Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Aspect of the Fox

Switches between the 2
    when did they implement the [aspect:X] condition?

I just use yaymounts addon. When moving on the ground when I click the mount hotkey it switches back and forth from fox to hawk. Same while I am in combat.

Oh, that same hotkey picks a random mount for me as well

Even picks my turtle when I'm in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I just use

/cast Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Aspect of the Fox
    This is deceptively simple yet effective, I like it.

Personally, I just use an Opie ring, all my aspects are on a single button. This is kind of irrelevant anyway, as fox is being removed in 5.1 with cobra/steady castable on the move baseline.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

To get the exact function you required, use this macro:
    Code:
    /use [aspect:1]aspect of the fox
    /use [aspect:2]aspect of the hawk
    I just use

/cast Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Aspect of the Fox
    This works well too. I was just wondering why does it work, since shouldn't it attempt to only cast Aspect of the Hawk every time you use the macro? Seems like you are unable to cast the aspect you are currently in.
    Last edited by Butu; 2012-11-08 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butu View Post
    This works well too. I was just wondering why does it work, since shouldn't it attempt to only cast Aspect of the Hawk every time you use the macro? Seems like you are unable to cast the aspect you are currently in.
    No idea. It just happened to work, so I made a similar macro for AotC/AotP, and now I can switch into any aspect on demand.

I just use

/cast Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Aspect of the Fox
    Been using this since Cata. Works fine. Doesn't need to be fancy. It removes all aspects tho if you hit it WHILE casting Cobra/Steady.

Why it works is pretty simple actually. If you're not in an aspect, or in fox, it casts hawk (successfully), then fails when it tries to cast fox, because of the GCD on aspects. If you're in hawk, the first /cast line actually cancels hawk, which doesn't trigger any sort of GCD, then successfully casts fox. It essentially relies on the GCD to cancel the second cast and stop the macro when the conditions are right. It's a neat little trick I've used in macros as well, but I've never seen one this simple before.

The genius of this is that it's basically fail safe. It will always leave you in one or the other aspect, and won't just cancel your active one leaving you with nothing.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

The only problem with that macro is that on Vizier, while in the gas cloud, the silence is applied to your aspects so if you hit the macro it removes your aspect.

I too would love to know when they added [aspect:X] functionality, or even [stance] functionality to aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    The only problem with that macro is that on Vizier, while in the gas cloud, the silence is applied to your aspects so if you hit the macro it removes your aspect.
    The only time you'd need to hit the macro is during attenuations. Otherwise, just spam AS, GT and DB while in the gas and cast a cobra when you come up.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I too would love to know when they added [aspect:X] functionality, or even [stance] functionality to aspects.
    [stance] or [form] options don't work with aspects. The one macro here which included [stance] doesn't work, sorry for not mentioning that in my earlier post.

I also wonder when did they include aspect as an option to /cast macro - none of the WoW Wikis seem to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Why it works is pretty simple actually. If you're not in an aspect, or in fox, it casts hawk (successfully), then fails when it tries to cast fox, because of the GCD on aspects. If you're in hawk, the first /cast line actually cancels hawk, which doesn't trigger any sort of GCD, then successfully casts fox. It essentially relies on the GCD to cancel the second cast and stop the macro when the conditions are right. It's a neat little trick I've used in macros as well, but I've never seen one this simple before.

The genius of this is that it's basically fail safe. It will always leave you in one or the other aspect, and won't just cancel your active one leaving you with nothing.
    Thanks for the explanation, makes sense.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence !Aspect of the Iron Hawk, Aspect of the Fox
    Works 100% of the time, no bugging out whatsoever

[stance] or [form] options don't work with aspects. The one macro here which included [stance] doesn't work, sorry for not mentioning that in my earlier post.
    Wierd, could've sworn it worked when they initialy got moved to that bar. Although i never actualy used it in real situations, never had a reason to.

the aspect condition goes unrecognized by the client when i use it though.
    Last edited by BaZERGer; 2012-11-10 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post

That's a lovely explanation, thanks.