Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    IMO, hunters need some better tuning overall. Our burst is insane compared to our sustained (as it is with a few other classes) but our sustained damage is sucktastic. AMoC does a shitload of damage but it can be very annoying to use in your rotation due to it's high cost. For starters they need to make the t13 2 piece (SS and CS give double focus) a standard part of the class, even with a decent amount of haste sustained dps is so freaking wonky and I blame most of that on slow focus returns, personally. I just don't feel I should be punished when KC, AMoC, and Glaive Toss are all off CD simultaneously while BW is still on CD and I don't have the ability to use them appropriately unless I'm already focused capped before they do so, which is a lot easier said then done.

As for LR, it's bursty as hell, and it's rather OP for PvP in particular, I can see why they won't buff it anymore but admittedly they shouldn't get lazy and just nerf it and leave it at that. They really should rework it some or just come up with anew talent in it's place....as annoying as it may be, at least AMoC has some tactical usage behind it, LR doesn't really have that, it's just a button that makes your pet do many much damages.

They gave us ridiculous amounts of burst damage. I mean there are so many things we have to do in our opener, it's nuts, and add to the fact that not all encounters are going to be friendly with you doing so all the time, it's easy to get real screwed up, and from there it can only go downhill once you misuse one CD at the wrong time...not very hard when you have 2 or 3 things to use but when you have to do 75 things in your opener...ergh. Not to mention, so much of our overall damage done relies on using our burst properly.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-11-10 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    IMO, hunters need some better tuning overall. Our burst is insane compared to our sustained (as it is with a few other classes) but our sustained damage is sucktastic. AMoC does a shitload of damage but it can be very annoying to use in your rotation due to it's high cost. For starters they need to make the t13 2 piece (SS and CS give double focus) a standard part of the class, even with a decent amount of haste sustained dps is so freaking wonky and I blame most of that on slow focus returns, personally. I just don't feel I should be punished when KC, AMoC, and Glaive Toss are all off CD simultaneously while BW is still on CD and I don't have the ability to use them appropriately unless I'm already focused capped before they do so, which is a lot easier said then done.

As for LR, it's bursty as hell, and it's rather OP for PvP in particular, I can see why they won't buff it anymore but admittedly they shouldn't get lazy and just nerf it and leave it at that. They really should rework it some or just come up with anew talent in it's place....as annoying as it may be, at least AMoC has some tactical usage behind it, LR doesn't really have that, it's just a button that makes your pet do many much damages.

They gave us ridiculous amounts of burst damage. I mean there are so many things we have to do in our opener, it's nuts, and add to the fact that not all encounters are going to be friendly with you doing so all the time, it's easy to get real screwed up, and from there it can only go downhill once you misuse one CD at the wrong time...not very hard when you have 2 or 3 things to use but when you have to do 75 things in your opener...ergh. Not to mention, so much of our overall damage done relies on using our burst properly.
    Bolded part. You're aware they did this, right? SS/CS gave 9 focus per shot in Cata, it gives 15 now. The remaining 3 focus are made up through a spec-specific gimmick. Survival gains 3 focus everytime serpent sting ticks (once every 3 seconds max), MM gains 3 focus more when improved steady shot is up per steady shot, and BM has a (15 or 20, not entirely sure)% chance to regen 20 focus when pets land... Something, I don't know, it's 5 AM. Suffice to say, every spec has the bonus build in already, and more, due to our focus regen tier (Toth, dire beast, fervor).

It's really weird how the first 30 seconds are all that matter for BM.

Bad design imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Bolded part. You're aware they did this, right? SS/CS gave 9 focus per shot in Cata, it gives 15 now. The remaining 3 focus are made up through a spec-specific gimmick. Survival gains 3 focus everytime serpent sting ticks (once every 3 seconds max), MM gains 3 focus more when improved steady shot is up per steady shot, and BM has a (15 or 20, not entirely sure)% chance to regen 20 focus when pets land... Something, I don't know, it's 5 AM. Suffice to say, every spec has the bonus build in already, and more, due to our focus regen tier (Toth, dire beast, fervor).
    Invigoration: 15% chance for pet autoattack to give you 20 focus

TBh i cant see why they didnt just make Go for the Throat grant 15 focus to you as well as your pet but what do i know...
    Last edited by mmoc5ff2ee9b91; 2012-11-10 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    Invigoration: 15% chance for pet autoattack to give you 20 focus

TBh i cant see why they didnt just make Go for the Throat grant 15 focus to you as well as your pet but what do i know...
    Because right now, the bonus only scales with your haste (makes your pet hit faster = more auto attacks = more focus procs), while TOTH would scale with your crit too (chance on your autoattack crits). Crit is already the strongest stat, but we'd end up with a scenario where crit might start to out-do agility for gemming etc if it was TOTH instead of invig :P.

I can live with playing a challenging class.

What I can't live with is Warriors, Mages etc getting on their high horses re: DPS or blizzard telling us constantly 'everything is fine' and their 'internal numbers' show that hunters are 'in a good place'.

There's a little known saying that fits here: Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    For starters they need to make the t13 2 piece (SS and CS give double focus) a standard part of the class, even with a decent amount of haste sustained dps is so freaking wonky and I blame most of that on slow focus returns, personally.
    This recommendation needs to stop begin made. Increasing the focus regen from cobra/ss even 50% will make our rotations even clunkier than they already are.

Hell, depending on which talents you take, it's already to the point where you don't CS enough to keep SrS on your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    This recommendation needs to stop begin made. Increasing the focus regen from cobra/ss even 50% will make our rotations even clunkier than they already are.

Hell, depending on which talents you take, it's already to the point where you don't CS enough to keep SrS on your target.
    Agreed. I'm often having to cobra shot to keep serpent sting up and focus capping as a result. We have no focus issue at the moment.... Hunters have many problems but I don't think focus regen is 1 of them.

Fast comparison. Yesterday on Garlaja 25N. I did 1,3mln damage from AmoC and friend of mine did 350k from Lynx Rush. Huuuuge gap.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Fast comparison. Yesterday on Garlaja 25N. I did 1,3mln damage from AmoC and friend of mine did 350k from Lynx Rush. Huuuuge gap.
    I feel this post is either misleading or incomplete in some way.

Your friend is either doing something wrong, or you're benefiting from something he's not (i.e the spirit realm buff) as well as him doing something wrong.

I just tested on the raid dummies UNBUFFED and my pet did over 200k damage off a single LR.

You friend is probably not using it on cooldown, not using readiness, is far less geared than you (your gear exceeds that of most current normal mode raiders), is not BM and reforged correctly and or you're probably getting buffed in the spirit realm where he isn't.

Is any of this correct?
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-11-12 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Hes doing something wrong.

Or you're not capturing all his LR's in your recount due to realm switching between normal realm and spirit realm for the two of you.

I'm sorry if anyone was mislead by my post. I wrote only what I heard from him. My fault, I did not check that. If you want to make some analysis here are our logs from that fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9279&e=9523

I'm Hegan, he is Zinaxx. We were both in normal world. And that's what I wrote, came from him, not from logs or recount.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2012-11-12 at 07:42 AM.

he plays terrible... that right there makes a difference... he used lynx rush 2 times when in that fight he should of done twice as many times... Making an effort vs someone who is getting carried and being lazy is a good way to make him look terrible and you look dumb for failing at your point.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-11-12 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    he plays terrible... that right there makes a difference... he used lynx rush 2 times when in that fight he should of done twice as many times... Making an effort vs someone who is getting carried and being lazy is a good way to make him look terrible and you look dumb for failing at your point.
    You could have made your point with a lot less vitriol you know. You just seem angry in general.