Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Upon hitting 100, we'll get paragon levels :P
    I had a Idea like this, I called them Advanced Levels, you become progressively stronger the higher the level & get Class Racial abilites, new passive & making them alot stronger altogether.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It would appear to me that you have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about.
    How about you go and find some evidence for your ludicrous claim.
    Nor you, as the engine itself was not upgraded. You can ADD code for ADDITIONAL features and change code, but the engine itself is the same...right down to the original 16 slot bag.

Do you understand what a game engine is even?

Developers do not rewrite the game engine until they have a replacement for the entire platform. It takes too much work/time/money/testing to do otherwise.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Presuming the next expansion is related to the burning legion, and will look some-what like outland, hell yes.
    I would absolutely love it, because 10 levels = potentially more zones, and more zones = happy me

even if you kept it at 5, make a new faction that levels in argus for a ton of zones :X Srsly!

Does it matter? Levels almost mean nothing now. You probably got 1 spell and 1 talent point in MoP. From an RPG progression perspective it felt like 1 giant level.

I don't even give a crap about the level, having level in wow is adding filters to movies. WoW is about end game, when they give us levels it a way of saying. "Instead of giving you new raids, or a new quest line, we are giving you crap you been doing for years to do again for the next 25 hours then you can go back to farming end game again" I mean come on can you release an expansion without any increase to level (just give better gear) and no one would even notice anything. its not like you each level and you gain 10% more power, a new talent, a new spell. no....... you get access to level 91 gear and see a number 91 on your toon. In wow the amount of levels you gain to get to end game (5 in MoP) is equal to 1 level in most games, that how important that 5 level is.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2012-11-09 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    They said in a past post they were gonna stop at 99. (obviously this could change)

As for OP's post, i dont care how much I have to level as long as the content is balanced, fun, and doesnt get boring after the first season.
    Blue or it didnt happen... why am i even posting this of course it never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope for 10 levels with alot to explore like a new planet, maybe a revamp of outland, even some new areas there, as well as azeroth. And I want to see the buring legion super bad.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was announced around BC if i remember correctly they are gonna stop at 100. Think it was blizz conference announcement for wotlk questions or blue post i may be wrong.
    Last edited by Danifilth; 2012-11-09 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    It was announced around BC if i remember correctly they are gonna stop at 100. Think it was blizz conference announcement for wotlk questions or blue post i may be wrong.
    Yes, you are wrong. They have repeatedly stated that 100 is just a number, nothing special.

Re the question topic I don't think it matters, they can make 5 levels least a long time, or 10 levels last a really short time, or them both last the same amount of time, and they'll still be 5 or 10 levels. Surely the actual content you're playing through is what counts? For my money though if calling for levels means you're calling for more leveling then no. Do not want.

The problem I have with the 5 level cap is that it feels exactly the same as 10 levels. I mean from 85-90 we went from what? 100k mana and however much health to 300k mana and 350k health. I find that the stat changes between levels are much to drastic in the 5 level cap system. I feel like it would be much smoother to just have 10 levles. THat, or just don't make a 200% hp increase in 5 levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as its the 25ish hours that MoP took me to level, I'll be happy.
    Good length.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    levels personally dont mean anything to me. well i take that back, they mean everything to me. i love leveling, it is most likely, the most enjoyable thing about mmos to me. if i could have a job where i leveled characters in any mmo i would be in heaven.

its a shame its against the toc in most games that you cant "sell" characters because i would happily level toons in say WoW if i could get paid decent money for them. i suppose you could if you wanted to risk it.

back on topic, the number of levels they increase the cap by wouldnt have any effect on my decision to buy or not to buy the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like five longer levels. It's worked well the past two expansions.

However, I would be happy two level up ten more, too. I trust if Blizzard made another ten levels, it would work out. They know what they're doing.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got 10 more levels next xpac. 100 is a milestone number even if it won't be the end of the game, and next xpac will be on wow's 10th anniversary. A "special expansion" seems likely imo.

100 would be fun
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got 10 more levels next xpac. 100 is a milestone number even if it won't be the end of the game, and next xpac will be on wow's 10th anniversary. A "special expansion" seems likely imo.
    I was having the same idea. Maybe Blizz will then introduce a new model of character progression.

Deleted
    Paragon levels would be shit if it got implented in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want 10 levels making it a even 100 then the xpack after that i think instead of adding more levels they could just keep it 100 and just do something else, sort of like the thing they put into diablo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    They said in a past post they were gonna stop at 99. (obviously this could change)
    Who is they? Not Blizzard at least...
    Last edited by velde046; 2012-11-09 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nor you, as the engine itself was not upgraded. You can ADD code for ADDITIONAL features and change code, but the engine itself is the same...right down to the original 16 slot bag.

Do you understand what a game engine is even?

Developers do not rewrite the game engine until they have a replacement for the entire platform. It takes too much work/time/money/testing to do otherwise.
    An engine is entirely made up of code. If you can add to or change that code, you can change the entire engine.

Blizzard has rewrote more of the engine just to fix minor bugs than that tiny change you claim is impossible would need.

The 16 slot bag isn't there because they can't program a bigger one, but because it would significantly increase the DB space needed for something that absolutely every single character has and they have to be very careful about implementation so people don't somehow manage to de-bag themselves.