Deleted

How to dps in elegon HC fight?

How do some WL´s manage to get about 200k dps on elegon 25HC fight?
    What are the important things to make big dps?
    Do they cast SB:SoC on Elegon just before the energy sparks spawn and when the sparks are there only SoC on Elegon?
    Do you then need a special hastecap because I think if you spam SoC it could happen that one seed did not explode before the next is on the boss again.
    Sry for my bad english

Requirements: Mannoroth's Fury, Glyph of Soul Swap

Stand still on the edge of the energy vortex. Don't move unless you need to reset your stacks, and only reset your stacks by jumping. You should only need to reset your stacks once in the first phase.

You should be able to peak at 200k+ dps during the first phase and sustain 150k+ for that phase. Start with the opening rotation that I explain in the YouTube affliction guide (in the stickies at the top of this forum). Once you have fully completed the opener and done your second SB:SS on elegon, do a standard Soul Swap from Elegon onto the Celestial Protector, then keep DPSing Elegon. Use haunts as often as possible during this phase but make sure you have at least two Soul Shards up when he reaches 85%.

When he reaches 85%, reset your stacks and life tap. Once the boss has 3 seconds left on his cast bar, cast a Soulburn: Seed of Corruption and start spamming Seed of Corruption on him. Use Soulburn: Soul Swap to ensure that your DoTs remain ticking on Elegon on all times. This will cause your Seeds of Corruption to explode instantly when they hit him, allowing you to spam the spell. You will also have unlimited Soul Shards since you will have Corruption ticking on 7 targets.

Once each wave of charges is defeated make sure to refresh DoTs on Elegon and life tap, and to reset your stacks if required. Always stay on the edge of the Energy Vortex so you never have to move more than one step. Minimize movement. Repeat the Seed of Corruption trick for as many charges as your guild can take. The more waves you take, the more DPS you will do. You should be on around 200k dps when the charge phase ends.

During the pillar phase, use SB:SS on each pillar that you are in range of and then burn it down as normal. Once you start AoEing the adds, use SB: SoC and then spam SoC on them. Once they are close enough to Elegon, start casting Seed of Corruptions on him to AoE them just like you did with the Energy Charges.

During the final burn phase, as soon as you get into the Energy Vortex make sure to get your DoTs up on him. AoE the adds by bouncing Soulburn: Seed of Corruption off of Elegon, and pop your Doomguard BEFORE bloodlust is cast. If you pop him after, he won't benefit from BL. Keep your DoTs and Haunt up all the time, use your second potion, drain soul til dead, profit. When the burn phase starts, you should already be on about 170k dps. You can easily push that to 200k+ dps during the execute.

Video guide inc soon.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2012-11-08 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    thx evrelia you are the best ^^

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    evrelia this is amazing. WTB this for every fight! i assume mannoroth's fury is essential then?

If anyone cares, I'm streaming live now for the entire day - twitch.tv/evrelia. Heart of fear progression

10+ Year Old Account
    Mannoroth's Fury definitely isn't a requirement but it will make it a hell of a lot easier as far as timing goes. Also dps will greatly vary depending on how many draw powers you do. Also varys from 10 man to 25man I assume it could be required for 25man since you will push for more draw powers.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2012-11-08 at 02:41 PM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Eager to try this out, I'm wondering, is this tactic viable for 10 man raids?
    What I'm wondering is because we all get assigned a spark and nuke that one down.
    Would it be enough for just Seed of corruption to kill it or would I require aid on them?

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Mannoroth's Fury definitely isn't a requirement but it will make it a hell of a lot easier as far as timing goes. Also dps will greatly vary depending on how many draw powers you do. Also varys from 10 man to 25man I assume it could be required for 25man since you will push for more draw powers.
    His strategy here seems to revolve around just using SoC to AoE all of the Energy Charges using MF instead of switching to any specific Energy Charge at all. I'd imagine it might not work as well for 10m - you wouldn't need MF for that initial SB: SoC but it does help with that timing.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    AoE the adds by bouncing Soulburn: Seed of Corruption off of Elegon, and pop your Doomguard BEFORE bloodlust is cast. If you pop him after, he won't benefit from BL.
    Doomguard doenst work on that boss, its a waste of mana and gcd. If there are a lot of adds from the pillar phase, it could be effective using Infernal, the impact alone can do roughly 1million dmg and he is attacking the boss, not for too much, but better then a afk doomguard next to you.

wait wait wait why did you say pop doomguard before bloodlust is cast or he doesn't benefit at all, doesn't he update dynamically and just has to be present during the duration of the bloodlust

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Doomguard doenst work on that boss, its a waste of mana and gcd. If there are a lot of adds from the pillar phase, it could be effective using Infernal, the impact alone can do roughly 1million dmg and he is attacking the boss, not for too much, but better then a afk doomguard next to you.
    Not what you're on about, just checked recount and logs and it certainly did damage, 1.2m give it or take. (10 man)

wait wait wait why did you say pop doomguard before bloodlust is cast or he doesn't benefit at all, doesn't he update dynamically and just has to be present during the duration of the bloodlust
    Whilst stats update dynamicly now - normally doomguard does not gain extra haste you'll get from bloodlust, but will benefit from bloodlust. I think that it does not update Heroism/Bloodlust when Doomguard is cast after Heroism, because it was not there when it was cast - same as if a dead player would be ressed after heroism was casted and did not gain heroism himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimper View Post
    Not what you're on about, just checked recount and logs and it certainly did damage, 1.2m give it or take. (10 man)

Whilst stats update dynamicly now - normally doomguard does not gain extra haste you'll get from bloodlust, but will benefit from bloodlust. I think that it does not update Heroism/Bloodlust when Doomguard is cast after Heroism, because it was not there when it was cast - same as if a dead player would be ressed after heroism was casted and did not gain heroism himself.
    Killed him last night and guardians/images cast inside the bubble just stood there and did nothing. It's definitely bugged atm.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    The doomguard bug is only in Heroic mode. Same for Wild Imps.

You can either cast your DG on a pillar, use the Infernal (crappy damage), or forget you even have guardians (my way...).
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-11-08 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The doomguard bug is only in Heroic mode. Same for Wild Imps.

You can either cast your DG on a pillar, use the Infernal (crappy damage), or forget you even have guardians (my way...).
    Ah, right, yea only tested in LFR and Normal - My bad then. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skimper View Post
    Eager to try this out, I'm wondering, is this tactic viable for 10 man raids?
    What I'm wondering is because we all get assigned a spark and nuke that one down.
    Would it be enough for just Seed of corruption to kill it or would I require aid on them?
    Yes.

We have a monk tank on the add that I'm technically assigned to, and I help out once it starts getting up in stats, but I talked with the raid leader and explained that I'd be better off helping every single spark by AoEing than I would ever be able to do trying to dot and kill my own spark. The monk tank can do a lot of damage to the add by himself, and for the last spark you plan on doing can just touch of death.

(That said I've been destro since our first kill, but all that changes is that you can help with havoc a few times)

Video guide for this has been added to the main aff thread.