Balance - Will of the Emperor

My guild just started to work on Will of the Emperor and I would like to hear some opinions / tips about best strategy for balance on this boss.

Maybe also some recommendations about my gear, if needed.

My armory is: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellfire/bigneo/advanced

fyi: I have now equipped Light of the Cosmos ( just got it with Charm from Elegon and was testing it) but I'll change back to Jade Magistrate Figurine, I think is better. Also I know I'm a little over hit cap and over 12.5% haste cap but this is because I was testing this trinket and didn't optimized perfectly the reforge / regemming.

Some questions:
    1. currently I am reforged for haste to breakpoint (12.5%) > crit, but because I will mostly be multidotting everything and dps the adds (except the gas phase) I am thinking to remake my stats to full crit.
    2. because I want to stay most of the fight in Eclipse ( multidotting ) shouldn't I go maybe with Soul of the Forest instead of Incarnation in order to be able to minimize the noneclipse phases ?
    3. by default I'm using NV but wouldn't be better HoW for this fight ? I can ofc use NV for the gas phases but I'm thinking that multidotting and high Starsurge procs would maybe benefit more of the passive 6% Intellect.
    Last edited by Bigneo; 2012-11-08 at 11:29 AM.

Just stick to what your doing, I wouldn't worry all too much about changing your build or reforges.
    Some questions:
    1. currently I am reforged for haste to breakpoint (12.5%) > crit, but because I will mostly be multidotting everything and dps the adds (except the gas phase) I am thinking to remake my stats to full crit. - Alot of druids are doing it, but I just dont see the point if it's not for HC mode.
    2. because I want to stay most of the fight in Eclipse ( multidotting ) shouldn't I go maybe with Soul of the Forest instead of Incarnation in order to be able to minimize the noneclipse phases ? You should get from each eclipse without much issue from SS procs alone.
    3. by default I'm using NV but wouldn't be better HoW for this fight ? I can ofc use NV for the gas phases but I'm thinking that multidotting and high Starsurge procs would maybe benefit more of the passive 6% Intellect. NV is good for this fight still, can't see HoW being better as NV provides a nice amount of HPS return for last phase if your healers are low on mana. It's also nice for your otehr CD's when you pop BL.

thanks for the input, we'll see tonight how is going

Obvious reminder: if ur healers are struggling you may want to have HotW and pop it during the last gas phase....

And yeah, I'd go crit and SotF seems a good option too due to the exact reason you mentioned.

Soul of the Forest is useless imo, even on that fight. You're pushed through non eclipse states so fast already, there's no point.

I would still reforge to the haste break point, that's an extra tick on all of your dots, you're easily applying 7 sets, that's a lot of potentially missed dps. It's not like you can reforge out of haste and into crit that much anyway with the current gear. Losing the breakpoint to gain 1000 crit is not worthwhile.

When I did that fight, quite often I was starsurge proc saturated anyway.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2012-11-09 at 12:45 AM.

We killed it last night on the 3rd try. As expected with decent dps is much easier then Elegon.

I went for full crit for this fight. Normally with haste 12.5% I'm standing ~15% crit and I went for full crit reforge and regem reaching almost 20% crit ( 25% with arcane brilliance ). Indeed the haste went down to ~ 7.5%.

Talents wise I went initially with INC and NV, but my dps was not up to par. I had a lot of SS procs but I was doing <50k. After this I changed to SOR and HOF and my dps went up to 55-60k which was on the kill. Maybe I managed in between to multidot better or something but I don't rly believe that. Sorry no logs to analyze, because I forgot to save the combatlog.

earthwormjim you might have a point. I was mostly all the time proccing, so maybe even with lower crit and haste breakpoint u can do good dps. Teoretically should be higher because more ticks on bosses. On adds I don't think it really matters 'cause anyhow they die quite fast. I will try more on LFR and next week on normal. Tbh I rly like this fight as boomkin
    Last edited by Bigneo; 2012-11-09 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    I wanted to give few advises on the fight but I see you killed him already (3rd pull - same as us) so just - congratz buddy

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a boomy you can do most of this fight with one button and pull 70-75k

Try this easy macro for some lazy multi dotting.

/castsequence Moonfire, Sunfire
    /cast Starsurge

It's pretty basic so no jumping on my macro skills but it will instantly cast Starsurge procs when they come up.

Deleted
    Soul of the Forest isn't that bad on WotE, it's probably worse than the other talents but not by much

Sabien thanks for the tip, this macro could indeed work fine for this fight. Usually I macro SS with Starfire and Wrath, but on this boss u don't rly do rotation most of the fight

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscarora View Post
    Soul of the Forest isn't that bad on WotE, it's probably worse than the other talents but not by much
    U mean worse then Incarnation, right ? Cause FoN is not a viable talent, those trees do really low dmg.