Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PVP Power - live and PTR

Hey,

Could you guys answer a couple of questions about pvp power:

1. Does it affect healing from things like death strike, pet sac, second wind, recuperate, or just the "true" healing spells like flash of light?

2. Does the 15% decrease in healing in bgs/arenas affect only true healing spells or any source of healing?

3. Does PVP power on the PTR affect healing? If yes, all healing or just true healing spells?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. All healing is reduced in non-instanced/BG zones including heals like 2nd wind, recup, pet sac and death strike.

2. Any source

3. I don't know yet, blizzard stated they wanted to remove the healing increase from pvp power for non-healer specs.

3. I don't know yet, blizzard stated they wanted to remove the healing increase from pvp power for non-healer specs.
    I'd hope they'd be a little more intricate than that. Such a change will negatively impact Enhance shaman, which are pretty well balanced currently :/
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I'd hope they'd be a little more intricate than that. Such a change will negatively impact Enhance shaman, which are pretty well balanced currently :/
    That is the problem, hybrids are able to double-dip on PVP power and get twice the benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    That is the problem, hybrids are able to double-dip on PVP power and get twice the benefit.
    Same with healers, my hpally healer critted 80k and he hasn't got t1 weapon yet...
    I think hybrids there off heals should stay. Its not that it ruins the game, instead it makes 2's and 3's more interesting.
    I know nobody gives a x for 2's but it would make healer comps impossible to kill as double dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Hey,

Could you guys answer a couple of questions about pvp power:

1. Does it affect healing from things like death strike, pet sac, second wind, recuperate, or just the "true" healing spells like flash of light?

2. Does the 15% decrease in healing in bgs/arenas affect only true healing spells or any source of healing?

3. Does PVP power on the PTR affect healing? If yes, all healing or just true healing spells?
    1. PvP Power doesn't not affects percentage based healing abilities, like second wind, recuperate, etc. Only the "true" healing spells.

2. Yes, the 15% healing and absorb debuff in bgs/arenas affects spells like second wind, recuperate, etc, aswell (blizzard, duh)

3. The PvP Power on the PTR works like this: It increases only true healing spells ONLY for healers, hybrids lost it, but only for the half of what the same amount increases damage, (this is already on live, but tooltips aren't updated, so if your healer has 30% PvP Power, he actually has 15%). And also, healers, do no benefit from damage increase from PvP Power like they do on live. If you're healer, you only get your heals increased from PvP Power, if you're dps, you only get your damage increased.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Bogdan; 2012-11-08 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    1. PvP Power doesn't not affects percentage based healing abilities, like second wind, recuperate, etc. Only the "true" healing spells.

2. Yes, the 15% healing and absorb debuff in bgs/arenas affects spells like second wind, recuperate, etc, aswell (blizzard, duh)

3. The PvP Power on the PTR works like this: It increases only true healing spells ONLY for healers, hybrids lost it, but only for the half of what the same amount increases damage, (this is already on live, but tooltips aren't updated, so if your healer has 30% PvP Power, he actually has 15%). And also, healers, do no benefit from damage increase from PvP Power like they do on live. If you're healer, you only get your heals increased from PvP Power, if you're dps, you only get your damage increased.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much!

Deleted
    Fixing PVP-Power will be a good change. Healers should not do damage and hybrids should not heal. I hope they totally nerf the shit out of all healing/damage coming from classes that shouldnt have it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    1. All healing is reduced in non-instanced/BG zones including heals like 2nd wind, recup, pet sac and death strike.

2. Any source

I really hope your #1 is wrong and Bogdan is right. If they made the change to affect percentage-based heals, that is ridiculously stupid.

Hybrid healing is way too strong and removing PvP Power from their healing abilities is a great starting point. Some class balance fixes will definitely be happening though.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    Hybrid healing is way too strong and removing PvP Power from their healing abilities is a great starting point. Some class balance fixes will definitely be happening though.
    hybrid healing is a very broad term. and applying it to all offspec healing is really going to damage a lot of specs in pvp.

what KIND of hybrid healing do you mean?

do you mean the healing put out by melee hyrbids like ret paladins, enhance shamans and windwalkers which takes time to ramp up and costs them valuable offensive resources?

or do you mean the kind of healing put out by caster hybrids such as shadowpriests and boomkins who have massive mana pools to support the kind of healing that can often replace a full time healer.

blizz is taking a chainsaw to an issue that should be addressed with a scalpel. making pvp power damage or healing spec dependent isn't the way to solve this since it will damage the viability of melee healing hybrids.

a better way would to be to increase the mana costs of healing spells for the problem classes who are almost exclusively casters. they still retain their potent heals, but using them is much more punishing to their resources.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Kosechi, in all honesty. If Blizzard messes up and the melees are hit by an nerf they don't deserve I wont mind a single damn bit. Because currently burst wise and CC wise melees to me are the worst offenders. Of course it wont help a damn against that, but it will make them die easier and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Kosechi, in all honesty. If Blizzard messes up and the melees are hit by an nerf they don't deserve I wont mind a single damn bit. Because currently burst wise and CC wise melees to me are the worst offenders. Of course it wont help a damn against that, but it will make them die easier and faster.
    Windwalker monks say hi...

are you even playing the same game as me?
    the only melee thats even remotely a problem right now burst and cc wise is warriors.

warriors are NOT hybrid healers.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    are you even playing the same game as me?
    the only melee thats even remotely a problem right now burst and cc wise is warriors.

warriors are NOT hybrid healers.
    DK isn't as bad burst wise, but he has permanent high damage and can build up a lot of pressure over time. Paladin also does fairly high damage and seeing as how I can't dispell/steal his wings anymore.

DK isn't as bad burst wise, but he has permanent high damage and can build up a lot of pressure over time. Paladin also does fairly high damage and seeing as how I can't dispell/steal his wings anymore.
    dks are very fragile and have poor mobility, paladin damage is only scary during wings, but they are easier to control then dks and warriors they can be very fragile due to the active nature of their defenses.

you are obviously not playing the same game as me if you think paladins and dks are as unbalanced as warriors are.

Deleted
    dks are very fragile and have poor mobility, paladin damage is only scary during wings, but they are easier to control then dks and warriors they can be very fragile due to the active nature of their defenses.

you are obviously not playing the same game as me if you think paladins and dks are as unbalanced as warriors are.
    Paladin true, but their normal damage isn't anything to snear at either. While it's not absurdly high it's still way more then decent. DK's aren't anywhere as fragile as you try to make them out to be, against melees maybe it's true but against casters they have a solid defense. And their mobility is at least decent, couple that with lots of range CC and gap closers and they're actually in a fairly good spot.

hybrid healing is a very broad term. and applying it to all offspec healing is really going to damage a lot of specs in pvp.

what KIND of hybrid healing do you mean?

do you mean the healing put out by melee hyrbids like ret paladins, enhance shamans and windwalkers which takes time to ramp up and costs them valuable offensive resources?

or do you mean the kind of healing put out by caster hybrids such as shadowpriests and boomkins who have massive mana pools to support the kind of healing that can often replace a full time healer.

blizz is taking a chainsaw to an issue that should be addressed with a scalpel. making pvp power damage or healing spec dependent isn't the way to solve this since it will damage the viability of melee healing hybrids.

a better way would to be to increase the mana costs of healing spells for the problem classes who are almost exclusively casters. they still retain their potent heals, but using them is much more punishing to their resources.
    I was being broad because well its a forum but you would definitely have to go class by class. For example hunter stampede healing would have to go. Ret healing is mostly fine maybe some small nerfs. Shadowpriest healing is out of control. You'd have to go class by class in my opinion.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    ye my 40k healing surges every 10-15 seconds are absolutely broken and need nerfed, sometimes I do 10% of my healers healing.

I hope they fix this op healing problem soon.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"