Poll: What loot distribution system does your guild use?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your guild's loot distribution system?

-What loot distribution system does your guild use for raids?
    -What are the special stipulations with this system?
    -Does it work well for your guild?
    -Does it cause any problems within your guild?

I'm curious what the most popular loot distribution systems are within guilds these days, how they're working and if there any special stipulations that are making them work better than just a basic system.

Please discuss. :P

Deleted
    I've not been with my guild for that long, but they decided that if there is an item that more than one person needs, then they see who wants it and they decide who it would best suit and who deserves it more.

I don't play WoW anymore but in the different guilds i was in, i have seen em all

Small quite tight-knit 10 man... people tend to either agree someone needs an item more / will pass it for someone, or if two / three people want it equally they roll.

No loot drama so far

Deleted
    Clever loot distribution. Usually people who need dropped item agree on who gets it, depending on their current items. It they all need it equaly or everyone is ready to pass, then they roll. Sort of agreement with free roll as last option.

Deleted
    We used DKP back in Cata, and we were supposed to use EPGP, but we've grown accustomed to loot counciling just because we're a well-balanced group of raiders with equal skill, meaning an item won't be "wasted" on a person.

Our main reason for switching was actually stockpiling.
    The guild was about to fall apart after a 25man switch from our past GM that flopped. When some of the old guys (me included) came back after 2 months of fresh air and no WoW, I had 200 DKP against the other hunter who had approximately 1500 DKP, and I was beating him heavily on every single fight, yet I had no chance at any piece of loot he wanted aswell.
    Needless to say, he's no longer active with us and we are using loot council, happier than ever before.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    Clever loot distribution. Usually people who need dropped item agree on who gets it, depending on their current items. It they all need it equaly or everyone is ready to pass, then they roll. Sort of agreement with free roll as last option.
    That's loot council with a long explaination.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKP, what is suicide kings? xd

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Council > MS > OS1 > OS2 > Alt > Sell

10+ Year Old Account
    Our loot system is: Common sense.

Many of us have been playing together for quite a while now, and we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we formed this raid at the start of MoP. So, when stuff drops, people briefly talk about who it is best for. In most cases, it's decided beforehand anyway who gets what. So there's no drama.

EPGP. Easy to manage, fair, simple to understand. Sorted.

Every so often we'll do some special rules, e.g. tanks get tier tokens first (which we're doing in the current tier, because damn are those set bonuses sexy), but mostly EPGP does the job.

Yes, it works well for my guild. No problems caused that I am aware of.

We used to use Suicide Kings, and that caused a lot of issues... Either people wouldn't take items that were upgrades because they were hoping something else would drop later on, or people got annoyed when those who rarely raided got rewarded with items just because they never had the chance to 'suicide' over anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other: Most in need > he who contributes most.

This usually means tanks and healers get first priority, as they have to do their jobs well. That doesn't mean they hog everything, but it's a deciding factor who gets generic gear first.

Then as a reward for those who contribute to the guild and fellow guildmates the most, as good social behavior must be rewarded (and this is how you find good people to raid with if they don't have a cow for rewarding those who helped the most).

Another clause, if someone is an alternate that is called to raid due to a core raider is not online/available, they are allowed to roll on gear of their main spec if called to play offspec. This is a reward for being available to raid, and preventing the guild from having to PuR.

If subbing, regular rolls -- Main spec > off-spec prevails (thus not encouraged to PuR).

Worst thing about gear distribution are the egos involved. If your raid is but "I want mine" the resentments will only grow and cause headaches, and possibly kill a raid team over it.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-11-08 at 01:49 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    We do it like this:

Loot drops (no masterlooter) We quickly figure out who need the item over TS if more than 1 person need they press need. But sometimes depending on what has dropped many people just press pass if they need cause they already got plenty of pieces that run. We are an adult guild that has common sense.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    masterlooter with ms roll, if no one wants, os roll.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    masterlooter with ms roll, if no one wants, os roll.
    This is pretty much us too. Only thing I will add is if you've already won a MS piece, you can't win another that is 'contested' until everyone contesting it has also won a piece. Also, since pretty much everyone is real life friends, there is a lot of passing to others anyway based on need (but you don't have to).

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume mine is free roll. People just roll first MS, second MS, third MS, then offspec (if no MS rolls) and whoever gets the highest at any stage gets the item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Small quite tight-knit 10 man... people tend to either agree someone needs an item more / will pass it for someone, or if two / three people want it equally they roll.

No loot drama so far
    this for me.

We use a loot counter system and have had 0 problems with loot in nearly 2 years. System is simple, you get an item (any item) for MS and you get +1 to your counter. If multiple people need an item the guy with the lowest count wins, if people are equal whoever wins the roll (people roll to 'show interest' in a drop) then whoever wins the roll gets it.

That combined with a common sense of raiders kinda mixes up a bit of loot council in there to ensure loot isn't wasted so to speak.

Have raided previous with EPGP / DKP / free roll / Loot council and tbh they all have their ups and downs but I highly prefer our loot distribution now. It's quick, easy with no trouble. It's also extremely easy to punish raiders by adding +1 to their count if they're late back after a break or if they fuck up continually during progression or miss a raid etc.

Basically it's wives and GFs get first pick, whether it be an upgrade or a "cute" transmog piece. Then, AND ONLY THEN, does the loot get to be doled out based on need to the rest of the male raiders. Seems a pretty fair system, or at least reflects how life is for women getting things their way.

Suicide Kings with the exception that if you are not there during the raid you are not moved up and weapons, trinkets, and tier tokens are not suicided on but sent to an open loot council for distribution.

Deleted
    Need for MS, greed for OS, pass to pass.
    Simple.